Michael Jackson

The King of Pop is dead

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Michael Jackson

Post by Nasri »

Post your tribute and memories to The King of Pop music

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Dr Ninja
I should know what a double post is now
I should know what a double post is now

Post by Dr Ninja »

The First time I ever heard of Michael Jackson was watching the Movie Free Willy and the MJ Music Video before the movie, and I thought he was quite strange.

I also enjoyed all the Weird Al Parodies of his songs. Fat, Eat It
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

I've always been a big fan of Michael Jackson. My fondest memories of him were when our family would take my brother and I to Disneyland. There was a awesome 3D movie called 'Captain EO', starring Michael Jackson. Of course, he was a big part of my life growing up. I still have my 'Thriller' album on vinyl and a few pieces of memorbilia. And, of course, Thriller is always played on Halloween. It's a tradition in our home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AstW05bDiQU <--- Captain EO pt. 1

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Zt-57Cg0U <--- Captain EO pt. 2

He's also in peace too. I understand his father pushed him far too hard and he never got to enjoy childhood like he should've. He's definatly going to be missed.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Let's be honest. There was at least one time in our lives in which we were into Michael Jackson. :( And yes I was for a bit. It's sad I know. Alot of his videos are pure genius with the dancing and the singing and all that fun stuff.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I cannot believe he is dead. I've cried quite a few times over it today. It's just a tragedy. An absolute tragedy.

The world chewed that poor man up and spit him out. He was gullible, trusting too many 'friends', and what did they do to his trust? What did they do to his kindness? They threw it in his face.

I've always liked Michael Jackson as a person. I've never heard one person who truly knew him say anything bad about him. Actually, it's quite the contrary. General consensus is that he was the kindest, sweetest, humblest, most giving person in Hollywood, and that there wasn't a mean bone in his body. The world will miss him. Sad thing is... the world didn't realize what it had until he was gone.

Why couldn't his fans have bought his records like this when he was alive? Why couldn't he have seen this, to know that people still care about him? Why couldn't they have done this earlier, so as to help pull him out of debt? When he was alive, all everyone did was trash him, and run his name through the mud. Honestly, everyone sickens me. I'm so sick and tired of hearing how 'bizarre' and 'weird' he is. I've heard the whole gamut- 'why'd he want to turn white?' 'child molester!' 'look at him holding his baby over the rail- what a horrible parent!' 'look at him putting his poor kids in masks- I knew he would be a pathetic loser as a parent,' 'he's a freak- look at how he dresses' and on and on and on. No one even bothered to look into the facts before they felt they were able to critique the way he lived. Why couldn't people have just left him alone and given him some privacy?

All he ever wanted was for people to treat him normally. He didn't like the fame- he hated being a 'star'. Yeah, he liked performing, but he didn't like having people trying to touch him, stalk him, the paparazzi, etc... and he had it more than anyone, really, from a VERY young age. He wanted a childhood (the reason behind his 'Neverland Ranch'). His father pushed him so hard that it was as if he never had one... And above all, he loved kids, being a 'big kid' himself, something that all the vultures took note of and exploited him on. Is it such a crime to love children? Why do people have to ruin everything innocent? If people can't find crud on you, they'll make it up themselves. It's so horrible.

He was a musical genius- Michael Jackson shaped music and dancing. Everywhere you look in the music world, you see his handiwork. And why is that? It's because he did everything that ever could be done! There's nothing more that you can do to the world of dancing- Michael Jackson's already done it.

It's just a tragedy. And the worst part about it is... he was a Muslim when he died. He never found the Lord, and now, he'll never find the peace he so badly wanted. I wish I would have prayed for him more. I wish I would have been able to meet him and witness to him. If only he had been saved, I wouldn't be feeling this bad, but as it is....

It's a tragedy.

All that talent, and it gave him nothing but heartache. He gave people happiness, but nothing lasting- nothing eternal. In a few weeks, his name will just be a distant memory. In a few months, someone will see his music video and go, "Oh yeah, that was Michael Jackson. It's so sad he's dead now. He was really good."

And in a few years.. a few decades? "Oh yeah, wasn't that that guy... man, what was his name? I don't know. He died a while back. Man, he could dance, couldn't he?"

That's the extent of his time here on earth.

Tragic.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Well, he's kinda popular. ;)

He only has 9 of the top 10 album sales on iTunes. :D

Right on, Iron & Light.
I do what I do.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*ahem* I saw this posted on one of my church family's Facebook.
MaryMary[size=75](gospel band)[/size] wrote:"Last night we received some good news from Terri McFaddin-Solomon who is good friends with Sandra Crouch. Three weeks ago Sandra and Andre' spent some time with their close friend, Michael Jackson. Michael asked Andre' to play, "It Won't Be Long And We'll Be Leaving Here." Michael then prayed with Sandra and Andre' and accepted Christ into his heart."
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Termite wrote:*ahem* I saw this posted on one of my church family's Facebook.
MaryMary[size=75](gospel band)[/size] wrote:"Last night we received some good news from Terri McFaddin-Solomon who is good friends with Sandra Crouch. Three weeks ago Sandra and Andre' spent some time with their close friend, Michael Jackson. Michael asked Andre' to play, "It Won't Be Long And We'll Be Leaving Here." Michael then prayed with Sandra and Andre' and accepted Christ into his heart."
Oh I hope and pray that news is true! I could cry thinking about him being in Heaven with the Lord, away from all suffering forevermore where we will one day meet him. It wouldn't make his death near as tragic.

Termite, thank you. You've given me hope. I just hope it's not a hoax.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yeah, that's really interesting. I sure hope he was saved...
I do what I do.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I'm not familiar with Michael Jackson at all; I just know him for radical plastic surgeries and Free Willy. I hadn't heard the news that he gave his life to Christ. Good thing it's never too late!
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

The passing of Michael Jackson is indeed tragic. I knew very little of him except for his eccentricities and recent court trials. Having watched the news covering his death, I can see the tremendous talent he had in dance as well as song. On the other hand, seeing some of his work also helped me to understand why I did not follow him as an artist. As far as him accepting Christ into his heart before his death, I remain highly skeptical of such claims. I'm sorry, but it makes me very upset when rumors which cannot be substantiated give people false hopes that someone of celebrity status accepts Jesus right before their death. As a user on the blog pointed out, why was this news not shared before his passing? I would hope he became a Christian as much as all of you, but perhaps God is the only one who knows the answer to that question.
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Um... I honestly doubt that a Christian pair of sisters would lie about such a thing. And apparently they met right before he died. Could mean a couple of days. Might not get public before then. I'm assuming he wasn't expecting to have a massive heart attack before being able to spread the news. *shrugs* Just sayin'. :)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Termite wrote:Um... I honestly doubt that a Christian pair of sisters would lie about such a thing.
Calling oneself "Christian" does not make one unable to give false information.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

So then their friend lied to them. That'd be really low if someone they're close to lied about him. *shrugs* Not trying to start a debate, I just think it's highly unlikely that someone would lie to them about it. Not a good thing to lie about.
Love you always, SnC
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I can't believe how much the guy is worshiped, even by Christians! People in this forum say they've cried about the man's death several times, yet Jesus' death, who is our living Savior, is not worth the tears. We live in such a godless world.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

American Eagle wrote:I can't believe how much the guy is worshiped, even by Christians! People in this forum say they've cried about the man's death several times, yet Jesus' death, who is our living Savior, is not worth the tears. We live in such a godless world.
Why should anyone cry about Jesus' death? He came back. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Tyler wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I can't believe how much the guy is worshiped, even by Christians! People in this forum say they've cried about the man's death several times, yet Jesus' death, who is our living Savior, is not worth the tears. We live in such a godless world.
Okay then... why would anyone cry over MJ's death? He's in Hell?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

American Eagle wrote:
Tyler wrote:
Okay then... why would anyone cry over MJ's death? He's in Hell?
If your grandmother died and went to hell I suspect you would shed somewhat of a tear? ;)

People are mourning the loss of an American icon...not worshipping him.

Also...I didn't know you could discern who goes to hell or not...nice ability ya got there.