Childhood friends

Not people, you wacky bananas!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Childhood friends

Post by Catspaw »

I have a dear old friend that I have known for many years that I would like to introduce you to. She has been with me through thick and thin for around 17 years, and my life would not be the same without her. There have been times in my life where she was the only true friend that I felt that I had in the world. She's the only one that I ever hug on a regular basis, and she understands when I don't want to talk. Any minor injuries to her person that have been caused by my carelessness have not been held against me. In short, she is the best friend a girl could ever have.

This amazing friend of mine is named Cabbie. She is my Cabbage Patch Doll, and a childhood "friend" that I have held dear for a long time. Her name is the result of a somewhat unimaginative childhood, I suppose. She went with me to college for both of the two years that I've completed, and she's always there to make me feel better.

I know that it sounds really pathetic, but I love my Cabbage Patch Doll! After so many years, I actually found myself wondering if I would choose my best friend or Cabbie if I was forced to choose! ;)

Does anybody else have a special toy or doll for their childhoos that they'd like to share about? This can be Show and Tell time! \:D/

And it will make me feel a bit less crazy. But either way, at least I know that Cabbie will still love me! :anxious:
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

lol awesome idea :D i have a white tiger [stuffed of course :anxious: ] that was never given an official name really. at one point it was fluffy..and it kinda digressed to be the unamed animal. but i carried her everyone. the grocery store, the park..everywhere. the stripes eventually began to fade..but i still love my tiger. :D
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Cool thread :D

My childhood "friend", if you will, was a stuffed bear names "Sunshine" (don't ask). She went with me everywhere too and I could tell her all my problems. Sunshine came into my life when I was around 4.....and due to a deranged black lab puppie we had, we had Sunshine's funeral when I was 16. :( Sad times.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My lifelong friend has always been Pointy, my Bowie knife.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I used to have a stuffed bear Whitey, and a blanket named "Duck Yellow Cold." I have no idea why I came up with that name.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I never really had one stuffed animal that was very special to me. For a long time, I had a doll named Jennifer that I loved, then I had a few Beanie Babies I slept with every night, and now I have a stuffed frog named DJ that I sleep with. He's really awesome! A friend of mine (whose initials happen to be DJ), brought it for me when he came back from the beach.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I used to have a blanket that I was very, very fond of. I don't have it any more it finally wore out to the point that it got thrown out.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Recently I have taken to sleeping with my fluffy bear, Ha. He's a dear. :)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I have this Bank of America teddy bear named "Ba Bear" that I loved to death as a child. (Literally, his head has been sewn on twice.) I don't play with him much any more. :D
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

My blanket, which I've always called blanket. My great grandmother made it for me. I still sleep with it. It has zoo animals doing people things like driving, sailing, etc. I love that blanket. It always kept me safe, and it still makes me feel safe when I'm upset.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Snuggles, my Childhood Friend. I shall never forget you, and I hope that one day my children will cherish you as I did.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I also remember having "blankie" (a blanket) that was my source of security. Don't know what ever happened to it.

Of course now I still have a "source of security"..........but it weighs 80 lbs or so and sheds like crazy (my dog, Cody who is half black lab, and half rot).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I used to have one when I was little. Not anymore :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I had a Stuffed Tiger that I played with at my great-grandmothers house and when she moved from her house to a Assisstin living houseing I got it for keeps and that something that I more treasure from my childhood.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I used to have a cherished blanket, and I kept it in good condition; "clown mickey" was its name (which is actually ironic because I didn't like clowns...and mickey just stuck because once my little brother called a blanket a mickey). However, just a few years ago, I let my little sis, who is ten years younger have it, and she shred it to pieces! Not even kidding. :(
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I currently own over 100 stuffed animals, and love them all dearly. :D My favorite and one that I sleep with every night, is "Sleepy Bear". So named because he is dressed in pyjama's and a little nightcap. He also glows in the dark! I have several other friends that I sleep with, on the occasions when Sleepy Bear disappears, such as Christmas,(bear)Trunky(elephant), Avanti, (cat) and any other animal that happens to be in my bed at the present time.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Barely Is wrote: My favorite and one that I sleep with every night, is "Sleepy Bear". So named because he is dressed in pyjama's and a little nightcap. He also glows in the dark!
I think I have the same bear! :shock: Except I named mine Mr. Teddy. We were pretty close for a while, but he never meant the same to me as Cabbie.

I have a baby blanket that I still have, too! It went to college with me as well, and I'm still rather attached to it. It's really worn out and has some holes, but it's still special! I could never get rid of it!

EB, I love the picture of you and Snuggles! He looks like a good friend! ;)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Catspaw wrote: EB, I love the picture of you and Snuggles! He looks like a good friend! ;)
I second that! I love the picture, EB!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I have a sweet stuffed Panda. She's very cuddly, and I love her. :D
Priscilla

<><
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I have these little monkey/horse type things. They are name Henyos (I have NO idea how to spell it. I don't even know I came up with the name!). I would suck my thumb, and wipe the tag. Who knows why, but I LLLOOOVVVEEEDDD it! I even lost it a couple times, and my mom got me a new one!

Know, (you are all going to laugh at me!) I have this sleeping bag that I sleep with. It is Barney. It is bally (thats why I like it!) and it itches you! I abselutely love it! (But, not the print!).

I know, I am weird. \:D/