The Road

The Book and the Movie

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The Road

Post by xiao »

Has anybody read The Road by Cormac McCarthy?

I read it a little while ago, and I've got to say, it was stunning. I loved it. So vivid, and it made me appreciate life so much more.

The movie adaptationlooks pretty good, you can tell the trailer was edited in way that makes it look like an action movie, but all the shots are true to the book... they just happened to use like every action scene in the story in the trailer. :P

Although I doubt that the film could be as good as No Country for Old Men was.... :-k

I heard from a review it was a "brilliant" adaptation and very true to the book... but you guys really all need to read the book first. It was superb.

-- 14 Jul 2009 12:13 pm --

Um, WHY HASNT ANYONE REPLIED TO THIS
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Probably because no one has read that title...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
xiao

Post by xiao »

It's mega famous, it won a Pulitzer prize and everything.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

But.....IS IT ABOUT JESUS!?

I didn't think so. :noway:
xiao

Post by xiao »

Tyler wrote:But.....IS IT ABOUT JESUS!?

I didn't think so. :noway:
LOL.