Am I the only one who misses...

...the old intros to the episodes with Chris?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Did you like the old intros with Chris?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 36

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Am I the only one who misses...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Remember in the old episodes, when Chris would start out the episode with some skit or story, then at the end, her little thing would conclude and she'd do the Bible verse and the like? I know it was terribly cheesy sometimes, but somehow I miss it. Am I the only one?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I loved those... especially the ones Chris herself was in. One of my favorites was in "Honor Thy Parents," when Chris was shopping for a gift for her parents: the aisle was empty, then a sale there was announced and suddenly a crowd of people converged on the aisle!

The one in "A Good and Faithful Servant" is good too, though for the longest time I only had that episode on tape, and the first couple minutes were all garbled, so I only heard half of the skit. Loved Dr. Julius Schnitzelbonker in "Back to Bethlehem" also.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Those skits were fun and what really bothers me is the fact that many aren't included on album versions, despite there being more time available on cassette/CD than on the radio. I believe they finally cut the skits because they were getting too elaborate and were cutting too much into the time for the actual show. :(
Dr Ninja
I should know what a double post is now
I should know what a double post is now

Post by Dr Ninja »

I actually found then quite annoying. I prefered just getting right to the episode. Those skits cut into the length of each episode.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

This is a tough decision for me. I enjoyed hearing a select few of them (usually only once) and the rest I didn't enjoy at all. I will vote "No" in the poll.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Heretics. :noway:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I actually really do miss Chris' intros. :( One of my favorites is with Marvin in Cousin Albert.
I do what I do.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I love the Olde Stories.

King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I didn't like the old intros at all. First of all, they were incredibly cheesy and tended to have shopkeepers with bad foreign accents. But, I also don't like the idea of Chris being an Odyssian. She's the host, she can't be a character. What was stopping her from walking into Whit's End and ordering a Sunday? And, that would be wierd!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

I don't really have a strong opinion in this poll. I adapt easily, and while I liked the skits, I'm not complaining that they are no longer doing them.
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

GlennAdams wrote:I actually really do miss Chris' intros. :( One of my favorites is with Marvin in Cousin Albert.
:highfive: I like that one too! I did really enjoy the intros, but I can see how they decided to use that time for the actual episode instead. Some of them did fit in really well and add to the overall episode, though, like the one where Chris is so curious and opens a package that has an inflatable life raft or something like that when she had convinced herself that it was some new piece of sound equipment that should be shared with the world. :lol:

Post by 31899 »

I loved the one when Phil Lollar did his Millard the Monkey voice and when Chris is looking for the rake.

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

And who can forget the round tuit? \:D/ The skits were nice relics from Odyssey past. :yes:
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Chris at the 4th of July fireworks in the Day Independence Came :yes:

Post by 31899 »

AIO Ninja wrote:Chris at the 4th of July fireworks in the Day Independence Came :yes:
I hate "The Day Independence Came"

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*gulp*
:bolt:
I don't want to be around when Irwin Springer sees that...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I was fond of Dr. Julius Schnitzelbonker and was pleased that he made an appearance at the live show. No skits, however, means a more developed main story, which is a good thing!

-Disco Dan
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I've pretty much always disliked Chris, and so I really hated the old episode intros. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Jellyfish11 wrote:I've pretty much always disliked Chris, and so I really hated the old episode intros. :(
I'm with you on that Jellyfish. Chris grates on me. I often like what the writers have her say, I just can't stand the voice.

Post by 31899 »

I want to see Chis Anthony and Sarah from the Unofficial Podcast in the same room at the same time and maybe throw in (not literally of course) Katie Lie.