President Barack Obama's Joyride

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Is it a waste of tax payer money if President Obama takes his wife on a date in the Air-Force 1

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 35

Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

President Barack Obama's Joyride

Post by Johnny »

I was talking to my gf about taxes and politics and she told me that President Obama took his wife on a joy ride for a date. I have yet to confirm this source but I just had to ask.

Do you guys think that its a waste of the tax payers money for our president to take his wife on joy rides? I mean he's doing enough for our country do you think its to bad if he takes a night to take his wife out on the Airforce 1?

Discuss :)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

WASTEFUL. He shouldn't spend any money at all! :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

J-man wrote:WASTEFUL. He shouldn't spend any money at all! :noway:

Yes I agree, President Obama should be just as stingy as J-man. :noway:
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Well, it wasn't just a joy ride. He took her to see a broadway show in New York City, but still, I think it's absolutely wastefull and unacceptable.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Beef Taco
I've been here a bit

Post by Beef Taco »

I don't want him using my money to go on a date. He's already wasting enough of it. :noway:

Congratulations everybody! You own 60% of GM. You have invested $50 billion into a company with a net worth of NEGATIVE $5.4 Billion, and liabilities amounting to over $190 billion!
http://www.lewrockwell.com/englund/englund40.html
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Well, it wasn't just a joy ride. He took her to see a broadway show in New York City, but still, I think it's absolutely wastefull and unacceptable.
So the President of the United States who earnestly wishes to help America, even though many of us disagree with his ideals ;) can't take his wife on date? Do you know how many things can be crammed into this man schedule and how hard it is to spend time with his family and loved ones? Maybe we should cut him some slack since he will have to spend nearly everyday of the next four years trying to bring us out of some dark times.

How would you feel if the people your trying to help criticize you because you take your wife out on a date after you've been working non-stop to pass legislation and manage a country? :-k
I don't want him using my money to go on a date. He's already wasting enough of it. No way

Congratulations everybody! You own 60% of GM. You have invested $50 billion into a company with a net worth of NEGATIVE $5.4 Billion, and liabilities amounting to over $190 billion!
Have you ever, ever considered that some of the problems of this country are because this administration had inherited it from other administrations? And no not just President Bush ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Johnny wrote:How would you feel if the people your trying to help criticize you because you take your wife out on a date after you've been working non-stop to pass legislation and manage a country? :-k
I don't think the criticism is over simply "taking his wife on a date," but using an incredibly expensive, taxpayer-paid way of doing that. :P At least that's what I've gathered. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Johnny wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:Well, it wasn't just a joy ride. He took her to see a broadway show in New York City, but still, I think it's absolutely wastefull and unacceptable.
So the President of the United States who earnestly wishes to help America, even though many of us disagree with his ideals ;) can't take his wife on date? Do you know how many things can be crammed into this man schedule and how hard it is to spend time with his family and loved ones? Maybe we should cut him some slack since he will have to spend nearly everyday of the next four years trying to bring us out of some dark times.

How would you feel if the people your trying to help criticize you because you take your wife out on a date after you've been working non-stop to pass legislation and manage a country? :-k
He can take her on a date, just not one funded by taxpayer's dollars.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Johnny wrote:How would you feel if the people your trying to help criticize you because you take your wife out on a date after you've been working non-stop to pass legislation and manage a country? :-k
I don't think the criticism is over simply "taking his wife on a date," but using an incredibly expensive, taxpayer-paid way of doing that. :P At least that's what I've gathered. ;)
Laura hit the point well, I think. ;)

And while he certainly inheritated some of these "dark times" from Bush, President Obama isn't helping the matter. He admits we're out of money and continues to spend and spend... And his spending continues to get us in trouble and the government in more places.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I'm all for blaming Bush for a number of things, I don't agree with some that he is the worst President of all time, but he was a joke as a fiscal conservative.

But Obama inherited money problems from Bush, and instead of doing something smart about it, he said, "OH HEY LOOKIT THIS DEBT!!! I KNOW, I WILL THROW PILES OF MONEY INTO THE BOTTOMLESS PIT, THEN WE WILL HAZ NO DEBT!!!!!!1".

But anyway, he can date his wife if he wants, I don't care. But assuming this was taxpayer money and using Air Force One and all that, its just stupid and wrong for him to do. And his Supreme Court picks are bad.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Hmph well the Air Force One is the personal transportation of the President. He pretty much can use it as he sees fit, whether we like it or not ;) You all make valid points and though I do see myself losing this discussion I just want to say that I'm pretty sure that all of us would have a hard time turning down a date in the Air Force One. I'm not saying he's right just that many people would have done that so before we judge him let's consider what we honestly would have done if we had the same opportunities as President Obama has.

I disagree and agree with DAM. I think that America has suffered from economic downturns constantly in its history, that is the natural cycle of economics. We have a bad time, we ride it out and get better. It's just the way she said it and how she drastically underestimated the problem.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Johnny wrote:Hmph well the Air Force One is the personal transportation of the President.
Funny, but I thought it was the transportation of the president for presidential business...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

KODY 105 wrote:
Johnny wrote:Hmph well the Air Force One is the personal transportation of the President.
Funny, but I thought it was the transportation of the president for presidential business...
It's actually used to transport the president to where ever he wants/needs to go.

Well you can't quote me on that I am finding something to back up my claim but I know its used for that. Sorry for lack of sources still looking!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Johnny wrote:Hmph well the Air Force One is the personal transportation of the President. He pretty much can use it as he sees fit, whether we like it or not ;) You all make valid points and though I do see myself losing this discussion I just want to say that I'm pretty sure that all of us would have a hard time turning down a date in the Air Force One. I'm not saying he's right just that many people would have done that so before we judge him let's consider what we honestly would have done if we had the same opportunities as President Obama has.
He's the President, if he can't turn such an "opportunity" down, he has some issues with temptation. ;)

It's called common sense... if the country is broke, you're probably not going to get a lot of praise for using that much money on a date-night.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Admiral wrote:
Johnny wrote:Hmph well the Air Force One is the personal transportation of the President. He pretty much can use it as he sees fit, whether we like it or not ;) You all make valid points and though I do see myself losing this discussion I just want to say that I'm pretty sure that all of us would have a hard time turning down a date in the Air Force One. I'm not saying he's right just that many people would have done that so before we judge him let's consider what we honestly would have done if we had the same opportunities as President Obama has.
He's the President, if he can't turn such an "opportunity" down, he has some issues with temptation. ;)

It's called common sense... if the country is broke, you're probably not going to get a lot of praise for using that much money on a date-night.
Well at least he isn't like some politicians :- (I meant corrupt ones not Republicans or anything like that.)

Yes well if people understood a little bit more then they would realize that our president taking a spin in the Air Force One isn't going to affect their livelihood in some phenomenal way. ;)

Personally I'm fine with it as long s he doesn't make a habit of it. :-k
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Johnny wrote:Yes well if people understood a little bit more then they would realize that our president taking a spin in the Air Force One isn't going to affect their livelihood in some phenomenal way. :-
Understood a bit more? What more is there to understand?
Beef Taco
I've been here a bit

Post by Beef Taco »

I'm glad he's concerned about global warming. lol
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Admiral wrote:
Johnny wrote:Yes well if people understood a little bit more then they would realize that our president taking a spin in the Air Force One isn't going to affect their livelihood in some phenomenal way. :-
*sigh* Sorry about being vague. It's just that, if you check the numbers Obama isn't wasting a grand scale of money by taking his wife out on a ride on the Air Force One. That doesn't make it right but he isn't exactly wasting as much money as people like to say he is.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Johnny wrote:
Admiral wrote:
*sigh* Sorry about being vague. It's just that, if you check the numbers Obama isn't wasting a grand scale of money by taking his wife out on a ride on the Air Force One. That doesn't make it right but he isn't exactly wasting as much money as people like to say he is.
The country is broke, darling... Any money he chooses to waste isn't going to make a big difference if we're already broke... Yes, that's a good way to look at it. \:D/

While I think it's a bit ridulous to spend a lot on a date night, I'm not going to hold it against him... But your arguments for his spending spree aren't helping me think it's a good idea. ;)
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Admiral wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Admiral wrote:
The country is broke, darling... Any money he chooses to waste isn't going to make a big difference if we're already broke... Yes, that's a good way to look at it. \:D/

While I think it's a bit ridulous to spend a lot on a date night, I'm not going to hold it against him... But your arguments for his spending spree aren't helping me think it's a good idea. ;)
Yeah well I already knew I lost this discussion earlier ;) Again you all make valid points. I guess I'm not angry with him, just disappointed.

But then again I don't pay taxes so I wouldn't know...