Tintin

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I have read all of the comics and also have seen many of the tv episodes. I heard a few years back that they were going to make a live-action Tintin movie--did that ever actually happen?
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Yes, they did make a live motion picture...Tintin and the Golden Fleece. It was in French, of course...but the characters all look very nice. (we have the book with large color illustrations.) I'll go look for some site that has stuff...
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Just stopping by... but last week I received the box set of Tintin (10 stories in total (each story is two 25 minute segments) on DVD. I haven't watched it yet, but the packaging and everything else is entirely in French though I can turn on an English track (the same as the cartoon). Good thing, because I don't speak French :).

It brings back memories :).
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Man! ididnt even know there was a cartoon but I have all the books
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I remember watching a TV show of TinTin when I was on my dad's truck driving trip with him one year. It was pretty cheesy looking and sounding. It was in english though and TinTin had a feminine sqeaky voice that didn't fit him at all!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz