Book wishlist

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Book wishlist

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

A place to list the books you still want... :)

My list is:
Last Harry Potter book
The last three Dee Henderson books to fill my collection for both Uncommon Heroes and O'Malley series
Princess Ben - Catherine Murdock
The Amaranth Enchantment - Julie Berry
The Princess and the Bear - Mette Ivie Harrison
Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul
Ever - Gail Carson Levine
Books 1,2,3,5,and 6 for the Lost books by Ted Dekker... I have #4! AH! (I'm so excited that the last two came out!)
Green - Ted Dekker
Sinner - Ted Dekker
Adam - Ted Dekker

There are probably more, but that's just a few... :)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Oooooooh......

The Books of History (Circle, Lost Books, Paradise), Adam, Kiss, Thr3e, Obsessed, and Skin - all by Ted Dekker. :anxious: I have Boneman's Daughters! ^.^

Monster, Prophet, The Oath, The Visitation - Frank Peretti

The Mark of the Lion trilogy - Francine Rivers

Um... :-k I guess that's it...
Last edited by Termite on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Wicked by Gregory Maguire ftw! \:D/
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

I've got three volumes to go before I have all of the first 56 Nancy Drew mysteries published in hardback. I just need Secret of Shadow Ranch, Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk and Mystery of Crocodile Island.

Colman, by Monica Furlong.

Monkey Business, by Simon Louvish. It's a quite-detailed biography of the Marx Brothers, including Zeppo and Gummo. I can't get enough of those guys...

And Jason Hawes of Ghost Hunters-fame has a new book, but that won't be coming out until September. So wait I must...

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
dodobirdeee
Gold Member

Post by dodobirdeee »

Still waiting on some of the books in the O'Malley Chronicles by Dee Henderson
The modern-day settings of Jane Austin books written by Debra White Smith
A lot of books by Tracie Peterson
birdeee
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

Ted DeKker's Green that is the book I want! :pray:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

ShadowSa1nt wrote:Ted DeKker's Green that is the book I want! :pray:
Yes!! Me too! I saw that you can pre-buy it from Family Christian Store, and if you do, you'll get Dekker playing cards free. Ok, think about that for a second. Is that not the worst pun ever? #-o
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ooh! Good call! I'm still trying to figure out how you can read it before or after the first three. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Ooh! Good call! I'm still trying to figure out how you can read it before or after the first three. :-k
Well, it's The Circle Trilogy - kind of like the "Circle of Life". :D
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jugglah wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Haha, I get that much. The question is whether the story ends with Thomas in the Black Forest or Thomas in "our world." Our both. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Jugglah wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Haha, I get that much. The question is whether the story ends with Thomas in the Black Forest or Thomas in "our world." Our both. \:D/
May I ask what the point of those books are? I've only heard a little bit about them.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I really want In the Company of Heroes by Michael Durant; it was a favorite book of mine but I can't seem to find it anywhere :(
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I want books 53 and 54 in the Hank the Cowdog series.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

American Eagle wrote:May I ask what the point of those books are? I've only heard a little bit about them.
Long story short: Guy hits head, wakes up in a world created after the Apocalypse. There's an Adam, and perfection, all that rot. Enter sin. And their salvation. Meanwhile, in the world we know today, there's something deadly going on, so the main character, Thomas, has to find out a way to save both worlds. Our world from the deadly thing, and the other world from the "disease" that plagues them.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:
American Eagle wrote:May I ask what the point of those books are? I've only heard a little bit about them.
Long story short: Guy hits head, wakes up in a world created after the Apocalypse. There's an Adam, and perfection, all that rot. Enter sin. And their salvation. Meanwhile, in the world we know today, there's something deadly going on, so the main character, Thomas, has to find out a way to save both worlds. Our world from the deadly thing, and the other world from the "disease" that plagues them.
O...K... and the point of that is? *is skeptical* :-k

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*shrugs* You'll have to just read it. The point is it's a Christian fantasy series, and the message of salvation is written very well.
Love you always, SnC
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Let's see. I'm not sure that I want all these books, but I want to read them all...eventually:

Hudson Taylor's Spirtual Secret - Dr. Howard and Mrs. Taylor (reading)
Through The Gates of Splendor - Elizabeth Elliot
From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya - ??
?? -Richard Wurmband
Boneman's Daughters - Ted Dekker
Green - Ted Dekker
Whatever new book is out by Karen Kingsbury
My Utmost For His Highest - Oswald Chambers (started to read, but never made it through a whole year)

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now. ;)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Ted Dekker seems to be insanely popular on this board. ;)

(I've never read any of his books).

Anyhow, I've been reading mostly fiction lately, so I'd like to obtain some more historical/philosophical/theological works:

The Complete Works of P.G. Wodehouse
My Life With Thomas Aquinas: Common Sense
The new Dan Brown novel (when released)
100 Years of Modernism
Neo-Conned: Just War Principles
Book about the French Revolution (can't recall the title).
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Reb Tevye wrote:
Termite wrote:
O...K... and the point of that is? *is skeptical* :-k
If you try looking at every book looking for every point of the reason behind the book, you'll never find it. What is the point in ANY book apart from the Bible needing to be written and published and given to the general public? There is no point.

But, the point of the Circle Trilogy, Black, Red, and White (with a Green, Book 0 to come very soon), is to show Salvation and how sin entered... and how Christ came down to sacrifice himself for us... and then of course, coming full circle back to paradise. The trilogy basically illustrates everything from sin to salvation in a good representation that takes about two books to figure out... no comment.

The point is to show others about sin and salvation, what has happened and what will happen... in a border-line representation. (If you haven't heard, Ted Dekker is a border-line author. A lot of people read his books, and later find out he's a Christian author)

:) Just a little better explanation to expand. Hope that helps!