pureNRG

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

pureNRG

Post by mdetective12 »

Have anyone heard about them? They are Christian group of 16, 14 and 13. Their names are Jordan Yates, Caroline Williams and Carolyne Myers. This is a Christian board so I thought maybe we can talk about Musicial artists other then (you-know-who)
Last edited by mdetective12 on Fri May 08, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

AprilShowers wrote:Have anyone heard about them? They are Christian group of 16, 14 and 13. Their names are Jordan Yates, Caroline Williams and Carolyne Myers. This is a Christian board so I thought maybe we can talk about Christian artists other then you-know-who (Miley Cyrus).
Miley Cyrus isn't a Christian artist.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Johnny wrote:
AprilShowers wrote:Have anyone heard about them? They are Christian group of 16, 14 and 13. Their names are Jordan Yates, Caroline Williams and Carolyne Myers. This is a Christian board so I thought maybe we can talk about Christian artists other then you-know-who (Miley Cyrus).
I know...Oh i put in "Christian artist other then..." I'll edit my post.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I've heard of pureNRG, but I don't think I've actually heard the music. If you're interested in talking about Christian groups/artists, April Showers, you should join The CCM Faction and help us revive it. :)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

pureNRG....

Hmmmmmmm....

How do I put this nicely? :-k

Alright, I'll say it: I can't stand them. Sorry, AS... I had to listen to them at WinterJam, and will have to do so again at another concert for the 4th of July. #-o Not looking forward to that part. :- Their music reminds me of the Jonas Brothers - good songs, but aside from a couple of covers (More, and Call on Jesus), their songs are just.... I don't know. Harmless, but they don't have any real depth like the Newsboys, etc. And the dancing is overrated, I'm sorry. There's no need to choreograph every song so you can knock yourself out on stage to show off your flexibility. Yes, the flips are neat, but that's it. And they're really young. Look at Jump 5: They started as teens, and broke up once they entered college. This won't last either, I don't think. And Jordan's got a really high voice, poor guy. Their singing is too "synchronized" to sound good. Really. They sound like robots on the CD when they harmonize....

*coughs* That's my pureNRG rant. Sorry. :- I got a little overboard. I would recommend them to pre-teens.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Johnny wrote:
I think you mean she's not in the "Christian scene" or whatever. Because she claims to be a Christian...
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Their music is too high pitched and over-bearing for me. #-o
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I think it's boring and not very exciting and I wouldn't listen to it unless I was given money to listen to it.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I've never heard them, so I can't give much of an opinion, even though just by the sound of the name they sound... blah. FM Static rocks better!
KrisAnna
Gold Member

Post by KrisAnna »

Sergeant Schultz wrote:pureNRG....

Hmmmmmmm....

How do I put this nicely? :-k

Alright, I'll say it: I can't stand them. Sorry, AS... I had to listen to them at WinterJam, and will have to do so again at another concert for the 4th of July. #-o Not looking forward to that part. :- Their music reminds me of the Jonas Brothers - good songs, but aside from a couple of covers (More, and Call on Jesus), their songs are just.... I don't know. Harmless, but they don't have any real depth like the Newsboys, etc. And the dancing is overrated, I'm sorry. There's no need to choreograph every song so you can knock yourself out on stage to show off your flexibility. Yes, the flips are neat, but that's it. And they're really young. Look at Jump 5: They started as teens, and broke up once they entered college. This won't last either, I don't think. And Jordan's got a really high voice, poor guy. Their singing is too "synchronized" to sound good. Really. They sound like robots on the CD when they harmonize....

*coughs* That's my pureNRG rant. Sorry. :- I got a little overboard. I would recommend them to pre-teens.
I agree! I had to watch them at WinterJam too.. They were really, really boring. And how can somebody sing and do all those stunts at the same time? It's obvious that they lip sing.. They pretty much annoy me.
Paul Ericson is cooler than all three Jonas Brothers put together
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Yeah, at WinterJam, KrisAnna, Leela, and I all sat down as soon as they came on stage. lol.

Obviously, the three of us all dislike them.

And I agree, DAM! FM Static rules!!

<3<3<3
BBB
redrose
Processing

Post by redrose »

Okay Their music may not be great but it's the thought that counts, right? They may not have "Depth" like Newsboys, but come on, they aren't aiming their music at adults or teens. They are aiming for tweens, I don't expect them to be just as good as newsboys, Jump5, Zoegirl, or any of the other band that have been around for years.
I can understand why you don't like PureNRG. I can't stand them sometimes and just want to destroy their CDs. :hammer: But their cool sometimes and I like their dancing. but that's me. And I can hardly wait for their next CD to come out.
We have raised our hopes and our cities high
We have followed fragile dreams
But only One could take the measure of our goals
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

redrose wrote:Okay Their music may not be great but it's the thought that counts, right? They may not have "Depth" like Newsboys, but come on, they aren't aiming their music at adults or teens. They are aiming for tweens.
*cough*
Pure, positive energy will be the driving force of our group and our message will help bridge the gap between youths and adults.
Um, yeah, they're aiming for adults and teens (as well as tweens)... But it ain't gonna work. Sorry... :anxious:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I don't like PureNRG at all, but I can say that other tween groups are guilty pleasures for me: The Rubyz and Mission Six. I can't say why I like them, but I do. Now I'm going to go hide in my corner of shame... :D
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

I prefer Linkin Park music that makes me seriously contemplate suicide :noway:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Johnny wrote:I prefer Linkin Park music that makes me seriously contemplate suicide :noway:
Are you kidding? Listening to PureNRG would make me seriously contemplate suicide. Just kidding, of course - I'm much too happy a person for that. But you know, their music could join the ranks of stuff like Barry Manilow and Christina Aguilera that's being used in the torturing of terrorists.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Jugglah wrote:
Johnny wrote:I prefer Linkin Park music that makes me seriously contemplate suicide :noway:
Are you kidding? Listening to PureNRG would make me seriously contemplate suicide. Just kidding, of course - I'm much too happy a person for that. But you know, their music could join the ranks of stuff like Barry Manilow and Christina Aguilera that's being used in the torturing of terrorists.
Yeah well pureNRG, Hannah Montana, and the like make me contemplate suicide as well but I'm not enjoying myself while I'm listening to it :(

Your so right I don't know why the FBI doesn't do that XP

I think they have good intentions. The point is that their music is horrible. :-k