I Dreamed a Dream!

a video everyone should see, from the show "Britain's Got Talent"!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
LizzieG
I've been working out

I Dreamed a Dream!

Post by LizzieG »

I'm actually surprised no one's posted a link to this video yet, as it's been all over the web/news this week. It's Susan Boyle, a middle-aged Scottish resident, performing on the show Britain's Got Talent. Enjoy! -- I know I did.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Britain's Got Talent is so much better than American Idol...

It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't look like a supermodel actually have a decent chance at fame. :yes:
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I saw that a couple days ago. She's good. :yes:
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

It shows you should never judge by outward appearance but by what's on the inside.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It was ridiculous to see everyone rolling their eyes and scoffing when they hadn't even HEARD her yet. :noway: Apparently if you're not young and beautiful you're no good....
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura, I think what this proves is that people might think you're no good, but they will be sadly mistaken! :D My brother told me about this yesterday, and the video is amazing!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:Laura, I think what this proves is that people might think you're no good, but they will be sadly mistaken! :D
Definitely. You kinda feel like going :neener: at everybody after she starts singing. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

My grandfather was raving about this yesterday. I found it most amusing. The lady's like, all confident, and people are rolling their eyes at her. Failure. She showed them. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

She seems quite amusing. She also has a GREAT voice! \:D/
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

I noticed her true beauty show when she sang! She literally glowed and I loved her sense of humor. I think, if I knew her personally, we'd be great friends. I'm a bit quirky at times. XD

I hope she gets a contract... her talents shouldn't go to waste.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Britain's Got Talent is a great show, they have some really neat acts. :D We watched a couple of them at school. \:D/
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

So, my pastor used this video as an illustration in his sermon this morning. He said that it's been watched millions of times, and it's an internet phenomenon that's mostly been spread through word of mouth. (Or linked to - I heard about it from this thread). He said that we love telling stories, and this is a heartwarming one for sure, but when we have to opportunity to share the story of Jesus, which is not heartwarming, but lifechanging, we're often hesitant and afraid. That's probably because the attitude about sharing the gospel has been skewed to the point where we feel like we have to do it all, when maybe we're just supposed to be a small influence. We're called to be witnesses, and of course, witnesses aren't lawyers - they don't argue their case - they just tell what they've seen, heard, and experienced. Don't you think it would be awesome if it was as easy to share the gospel as it is to "share" a Youtube video? And I think it can be, if we change our mindset.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Laura, I think what this proves is that people might think you're no good, but they will be sadly mistaken! :D
Definitely. You kinda feel like going :neener: at everybody after she starts singing. ;)
lol. I wanted to do that to everyone who mocked her too!

We were watching American Idol last week and during the commercial, my Dad was on his laptop and he played this song. I just stood there, speechless and mesmerized by her flawless and angelic voice. I rushed to his side to see what Angel was singing looked like. I was shocked to see that lady, because I was excepting a young famous movie star. Frankly, I thought it was a joke and she was lip-synching when my Father revealed to me it was truly her singing!

Needless to say, I got a huge wake-up call on not changing a book by its cover! I feel like such a fool!

My Dad, who's a pastor, used this as an illustration in his sermon the Sunday before last. Everyone in our church laughed at her when she came on, but no one was laughing when she started singing!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Susan Boyle made it through the first round of semi-finals! She got first! \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I know! \:D/

Here's her at the semi finals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SncyQKe6CnQ
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait