Help- Confused by Chosen and White

*SPOILERS* Only click this thread if you've read the Circle series.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Help- Confused by Chosen and White

Post by Iron and Light »

I just finished Sinner last night.. and I have to say I was very depressed. It was an excellent book (one of the best he's written in a long time, in my opinion), however I was sad for Johnny- I wish it would have ended with some kind of closure for him :(.

-cough-

Anyway, I started Chosen right after, and I must say, I'm confused. I read an interview with Ted Dekker stating that, chronologically, they would be read like this:

Black, Red, White, then Chosen (and the whole Lost Books series).

Reading the beginning of Chosen, am I to assume that Showdown, Saint, and Sinner come before the whole series.. seeing as how it's 2033 A.D. in Sinner, and 4000 A.D. in Chosen?

And another thing.. Why is Rachelle in Chosen instead of Chelise? Rachelle died at the end of.. Red, I believe, and Thomas married Chelise at the end of White, so why the sudden switch?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I give up trying to keep up with these books. :noway:
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Actually, I answered my own questions >_>.

Thank God for Wikipedia \:D/.

As it says.. here.. The Lost Books were written about the time period after Black, yet before White. So Rachelle hadn't died yet.

Huzzah, problem solved.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Specifically in the 13 year time-span in the last chapter of Black. ;) Two more books are coming out in the Lost Books series, and one more for the Circle Trilogy, for your future reference. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein