a new whit?

could it be?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Over The Rainbow wrote:Wait a minute.

Do we even know for sure if Paul is being replaced?
I believe that has been established, yes. Read some of the earlier posts , particularly those by JesusFreak777, for reference. It's not exactly a surprise that Whit might need to be replaced occasionally, knowing that Whit helped Da Vinci paint The Last Supper. :yes:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Oh dear, you're just saying those to entertain me now, aren't you? \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Shawndlay wrote:
Over The Rainbow wrote:Wait a minute.

Do we even know for sure if Paul is being replaced?
I refuse to believe it still :shame: :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

darcie wrote:Oh dear, you're just saying those to entertain me now, aren't you? \:D/
No comment. :-
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

darcie wrote:Oh dear, you're just saying those to entertain me now, aren't you? \:D/
Wasn't he one of Noah's sons? :-k

;)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Wasn't he one of Noah's sons? :-k

;)
You're right. "Ham" was his name, I believe.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I just checked Paul's website and the part about a "new" Whit was removed.

It's another... mystery! :mad:
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

You scare me, Trent. You posted that reply at the exact same time I was editing me previous post to mention that. (I just navigated away to double check that no-one else had said it, and BAM! Your post.)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Two words: Radio waves.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

For all we know since Paul's elderly he may be in a nursing home or his mind may be going. My grandmother died of Alzheimer's disease when she was in her early/middle seventies. Paul's older then that I believe. My grandfather remarried after she died and now his second wife is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. This is just a suggestion! It's not fact or even rumour.

OK. This is weird. I just read the two previous posts about radio waves after I posted what I did about Alzheimer's. I keep thinking of Agnus Riley.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Samitude wrote:For all we know since Paul's elderly he may be in a nursing home or his mind may be going. My grandmother died of Alzheimer's disease when she was in her early/middle seventies. Paul's older then that I believe. My grandfather remarried after she died and now his second wife is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. This is just a suggestion! It's not fact or even rumour.

OK. This is weird. I just read the two previous posts about radio waves after I posted what I did about Alzheimer's. I keep thinking of Agnus Riley.
Um... I think you're confusing the Pauls. Paul McCusker, the middle aged writer, posted on his web site (and just took it down) about Paul Herlinger, the octogenarian actor who plays Whit. :)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Wait, when someone said radio waves they were referring to a project of Paul McCusker's? Oops....I thought they were talking (joking) about the reason for Paul Herlinger being replaced. :) Sorry!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Samitude wrote:...early/middle seventies. Paul's older then that I believe.
I'm sure Paul Herlinger is quite a bit older than that. In fact, this year marks Will Ryan's seventieth birthday. :-
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Boswell wrote:
Samitude wrote:...early/middle seventies. Paul's older then that I believe.
I'm sure Paul Herlinger is quite a bit older than that. In fact, this year marks Will Ryan's seventieth birthday. :-
Seriously?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Idon't knwo hwo accurate his IMDB page is though - it says he share's a birthday with me, but when I asked him about it, he said most of that information wasn't accurate - however I don't know if he was being serious or not sooo who knows
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Idon't knwo hwo accurate his IMDB page is though - it says he share's a birthday with me, but when I asked him about it, he said most of that information wasn't accurate - however I don't know if he was being serious or not sooo who knows
Besides IMDb, both Wikipedia and TV.com both list the same birth date, but both of those sources are equally dubious. I don't see any reason to disbelieve them, though, after meeting him in person. Lucky for us, he's a boisterous fellow who seems to be in good enough health.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Here's some feud for thought?

So, does anyone thing that when they picked the new Whit, they shouldv'e modeled him after Paul Herlinger, for continuity sake, or after Hal Smith, to help keep the original feel?

Perhaps they simply met a new guy that sounded a lot more like the old Whit then Paul Herlinger did, and they simply decided to let him go during this "break".

Thinking of it, I'm really going to miss Paul Herlinger. He had some great moments to be honest.

You think they'll have an excuse for his voice change like Hal Smith? That "button" at the end of the "the Imagination Station Revisited" could have something to do with it...hah.

You know, with the Washingtons gone, and the Straussbergs gone, things are sure going to be different. I mean, what confuses me about the straussbergs is that I'm nearly certain that this is it for them; except on their very last episode, they made the conscious decision to keep them around because they weren't finished telling their story. Strange. Bart with a different voice, and Tom completely absent. I really feel Connie Eugene and Wooton will be the show's center. And Jason, I felt, that that was really his goodbye from the program. One of my favorite characters, Nick Mulligan, I feel, might get the plug pulled on too. And new families as well? Who knows if Bernard will even be around? Are they saving from having to do more death episodes and/or voice changes by just letting these characters disappear? Wow, sure is a lot for me to handle...
tiggerish100
Not as new

Post by tiggerish100 »

Yes the New Whit just does not have the talent of the old one. Not to mention the old whit could do other voices. I actually think the writers came up with the Washington's because one the Barclay's passed away or is not doing AIO any more. The Barclay's had set a tone for Odyssey and the Washington's just can't seem to keep that.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Bennett wrote:Perhaps they simply met a new guy that sounded a lot more like the old Whit then Paul Herlinger did, and they simply decided to let him go during this "break".
JF777 already said that focus was unable to continue using Herlinger for some unknown reasons
Bennett wrote: You know, with the Washingtons gone, and the Straussbergs gone, things are sure going to be different. I mean, what confuses me about the straussbergs is that I'm nearly certain that this is it for them; except on their very last episode, they made the conscious decision to keep them around because they weren't finished telling their story. Strange. Bart with a different voice, and Tom completely absent. I really feel Connie Eugene and Wooton will be the show's center. And Jason, I felt, that that was really his goodbye from the program. One of my favorite characters, Nick Mulligan, I feel, might get the plug pulled on too. And new families as well? Who knows if Bernard will even be around? Are they saving from having to do more death episodes and/or voice changes by just letting these characters disappear? Wow, sure is a lot for me to handle...
Jason will be back, we don't know when or where or how but he will be back.

I don't remember ever hearing that they are done with the Straussbergs, so they may be back, might not we really don't know

I seem to remember something on an official podcast where they thought that they had someone who they thought could replace Tom but he didn't feel comfortable doing it so soon after walker's death.

And about Nick, both the character and the actor haven't been heard from since 561: Lost by a Nose, in Feb. 2005, so I think they may have been done with him before the hiatus
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

tiggerish100 wrote:Yes the New Whit just does not have the talent of the old one. Not to mention the old whit could do other voices.
Paul Herlinger can do other voices as well. "Switch" contains several good examples of that.