a new whit?

could it be?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I missed this at first:
The Top Crusader wrote:In conclusion, to summarize: They should hire me to write for them. :mecry:
When I read that, scary sound clips fill my virtual auditory senses:
Top for [i]AIO[/i]?! wrote:Whit: So, what did you do today, King?

KBT: Well, I jumped off a log and swam up the Amazon river for two miles until I hit the piranha territory and had to bail out!

Whit: Bail out? Like the government! You see, King, your experience in the Amazon closely parallels our government's bail-out of the economy! You see, children, you never know how a camping trip will teach you a lesson in economics.

Wooton: Yeah. I once had a dream where I joined this message board and this crazy guy named "Mop Crusader" went around screaming at everybody while spamming incessantly. *departs like a snake having just eaten a very fat cow*

Nick: What's with the mop?

Whit: I have no idea...

Connie: And besides, that had nothing to do with economics or piranhas.

Eugene: *enters room* Would anyone care to listen to my arrangement of "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" on the saxophone? I have been practicing for the past several hours.

Connie: What happened to your ukulele, Eugene?

Eugene: I would rather not go into details, but it involved a gray lab coat and the fire department.

Whit: Well, Eugene, I would if I had time. But unfortunately, I need to go for my nuclear-submarine lessons. I am auditioning for the role of the Russian sea captain in The Hunt for the Blue October coming out in late 2013.

KBT: You would actually want to star in that movie?! I thought it had, like, bad stuff in it...

Whit: Blasting nuclear submarines to particles and firing sidearms inside sub engine rooms is not bad, is it? :-k
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

By a new Whit, I'm assuming it's simply the return of the Animatronic Whit. So simple!

You guys and your speculating!

:anxious:

Actually, I'll give my take a little later. I'm still in shock.
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

More than likely this is a reference to a new actor portraying a YOUNG Whit.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Laurie wrote:And the sad thing is (sad to me anyway) they are probably going to do the same exact thing to Paul Herlinger. IMHO no one should be treated like that.
Don't take up an offense for him until we know that's what's actually happening. :anxious:

There's a ton of speculation here and very little facts to go on. There's no need to be sniping and arguing about nothing. :noway:

And Top, I thought Whit fought in the Civil War? :-k
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Gandalf wrote:More than likely this is a reference to a new actor portraying a YOUNG Whit.
Oh! So when they flash back to 1958 for Darien's Rise, they're going to STAY there? That's great, that'll give us thirty years worth of prequel shows!

As Whit would say, "The best has already happened."
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Jeremy wrote:What's frustrating is, for example, Alan Young turns 90 years old this year, and in the last 7 years they've used him only a handful of times and didn't use him at all for several years, while he was at home wondering why he couldn't work for them anymore (that's how it sounded in one interview he did, anyway). ;-)
Yeah, I've also been disappointed that we haven't heard much from Jack. But in fairness to the writers, Jack (and Jason) were brought in for the purpose of "replacing" Whit. Once Whit returned, Jack wasn't needed as much. As much as I wished they used Jack more, I can also understand why they didn't. And in the end, you can't please everybody. Some people still want Richard Maxwell brought back, for goodness sake.

:anxious:
Yeah, but they used him a lot more even after Whit returned, from '97 to 2002, then they did after 2002.

Jeremy
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Shawndlay wrote:And Top, I thought Whit fought in the Civil War? :-k
He fought in the War of 1812 against the English. He was one of the flag-raisers at Ft. McHenry I thought.JK
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Boswell wrote:
Gandalf wrote:More than likely this is a reference to a new actor portraying a YOUNG Whit.
Oh! So when they flash back to 1958 for Darien's Rise, they're going to STAY there? That's great, that'll give us thirty years worth of prequel shows!

No no, what I mean is that they will probably still be using Herlinger, just telling a story or two from his past.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Laurie wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
Laurie wrote:Why get rid of Paul Herlinger? It took them two years to find him. Whit is supposed to sound grandfatherly so I hope they don't get a younger actor. I hope they would make up their minds as to the start date for the new season soon. Haven't we waited long enough?
Well, Paul Herlinger is quite old and may not be in very good health. Perhaps they didn't have a choice?

Let's give the AIO team and the possible new Whit a chance before judging and destroying what these people have been working hard at doing for US, the listener, for a long time. :)
I'm not going to speculate on how old Paul Herlinger is. I think it is very rude to speak unknowingly of someone's age. I'm not judging or destroying anything, I'm raising a couple of valid points where Whit is concerned.
For the record, I did NOT speak unknowingly of anything I said here. While I cannot explain myself much further do know that I wouldnt have said something if I didnt know what I was talking about. :)

Bottom line, for reasons that ave not been made public yet, Paul has been replaced. It's sad but I do know there really was no other choice. :(

Also know that the team has been looking for another actor for whit for over a year if I am not mistaken, so planning has def gone into this. :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Bottom line, for reasons that ave not been made public yet, Paul has been replaced. It's sad but I do know there really was no other choice. :(

Also know that the team has been looking for another actor for whit for over a year if I am not mistaken, so planning has def gone into this. :)
:boohoo: If that's true, I want to cry. Sure, Hal was the first Whit I ever heard, but he died only a couple years after I first started listening, so even from the start he was always the "old" Whit to me. Paul is the Whit I've come to love for the last decade.

I think we need an interview on the Official Podcast, and fast.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

JesusFreak777 wrote: For the record, I did NOT speak unknowingly of anything I said here. While I cannot explain myself much further do know that I wouldnt have said something if I didnt know what I was talking about. :)

Bottom line, for reasons that ave not been made public yet, Paul has been replaced. It's sad but I do know there really was no other choice. :(

I did not mean to cause offense. If what you say is true and I know you have your sources, then we have no choice but acceptance. Hopefully, the new Whit will retain his believability. That is what concerns me the most.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

It's all good Laurie. :) I just wanted to clarify so there wasn't any confusion. :)

I hope the new whit will be great too! :D I'm very excited - though somewhat cautious about it all.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Boswell wrote:Oh! So when they flash back to 1958 for Darien's Rise, they're going to STAY there? That's great, that'll give us thirty years worth of prequel shows!

:hilarious:

I love it! It could be Odyssey: The Pre-Historic Years.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
I hope the new whit will be great too! :D I'm very excited - though somewhat cautious about it all.
Same here.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Hmm. Why wouldn't they tell us though? You'd think of all the things we might want to hear...this would definitely be one of them.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Boswell wrote:

Honestly, I like the prequel ideas. It'd be like Star Wars but better! They've already got Jim Custer (The voice of the younger Whit). We could have a 1970s pre Whit's End. \:D/

I am actually being serious about liking the idea. :D
I do what I do.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Maybe Whit's new invention is a time machine. =) I know the people said when they were creating the show they wanted to keep it believable but maybe Whit has some sort of scientific formula that Wooton gave him and it actually worked.

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Bennett wrote:Hmm. Why wouldn't they tell us though? You'd think of all the things we might want to hear...this would definitely be one of them.
I'm wondering the same thing. As listeners we have the right to know.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

The Top Crusader wrote:I still haven't fully accepted Paul. :noway:

Not that he is bad as an actor as Whit, but the writing for Whit just hasn't overall been the same since he came back. Of course... he has been back now longer than he was here before, so maybe old timers should just put up with the fact we are too old to need to worry about a kid's show. ;) I reckon a good number of users on the board here weren't listening yet (and some even weren't born... ;)) when Paul took over to begin with.

In conclusion, to summarize: They should hire me to write for them. :mecry:
Pseudonym wrote:I hope they replace him with an OLDER Whit. :yes:

And do we know who these "new writers" are yet? Is this old news that I missed?
He should be a WWI veteran instead of WWII! \:D/

I don't know anything about old writers leaving/new writers coming, either. :(
I must agree with you, Top. I have never truly accepted the new Whit. :noway:

Even thought I was born in 1995, I seldom heard anything beyond that year and I grew up with Hal's Whit. And a third Whit? please. :rollseyes: I hope they don't replace this Whit, I don't think I could ever accept the new Whit, when I haven't even accepted the second one.

I'd rather have Whit just die, he did fight in the Revolutionary War and I think it's time to let the old-timer go! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Bottom line, for reasons that ave not been made public yet, Paul has been replaced. It's sad but I do know there really was no other choice. :(
I'm very sorry to hear this. :( I appreciate all the years Paul has put into this, traveling about 1,000 miles by train to all the recording sessions.
JesusFreak777 wrote:Also know that the team has been looking for another actor for whit for over a year if I am not mistaken, so planning has def gone into this. :)
I am glad to hear that the AIO team still considers Whit an important part of the cast, even if he did come over with the Pilgrims.