LOVE SAGA!!!

so good!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Have you read/ seen them and what do you think?

No I haven't read/ seen them but they sound AWESOMEN
No votes
No and they sound stupid with mushy junk
20%
yes...unfortunately, STOP BRINGING BACK MEMMORIES OF THE SUFFERING!!!!!
No votes
YES!! THEY WERE AWESOME...AND SARAH JONES WAS THE COOLEST!!!
80%
Sarah Jones!!! *faints*
No votes

Total votes: 5

Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

LOVE SAGA!!!

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Has anyone read the books or watched the movies. GO SARAH JONES!!!!
I love Love Takes Wing, and Love Finds a Home I think they're my favorites.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have seen all of them! \:D/
Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Is not this the Hallmark Channel's movies produced by Michael Landon, Jr.? I remember seeing a few ads about that and remembering them because I recall that Michael Landon, Sr. was the dad in Little House on the Prairie.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Uhh, yes.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I've seen the movies, ...well some of them. They didn't interest me much though.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have them on DVD, haven't watched them yet. There is a new one releasing in May. DVD is the only way I can watch them because I no longer get the Hallmark Channel thanks to my cable provider taking it digital.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Haha, yeah. So I love the books. And I like the first movie. Katherine Heigel is a decent actress, so that one didn't fall into the mushy mess that most Hallmark movies do. But it all went downhill from there. I didn't like the actress who replaced Heigel, and the guy who played Willy was no good, either. I wasn't upset when he died. Which brings me to the point that they completely ruined the plots. There's almost no resemblance. It's like the moviemakers were like, "Okay, well, let's add some melodrama here. Insert the cheesy faux-dramatic music. Oh, yeah, and we need to kill off at least one main character per movie, even when it makes no sense, because that will distract the viewers from the fact that the plot is lame." And Belinda is just annoying. Sorry if I offend you guys who love all of them. I just hate it when people mess with the original story when they make movie adaptions.

Ok, so I just looked it up on IMDB, and I see that they just came out with some more. And I see that the actress playing Belinda has changed to the Sarah Jones person you were talking about. So to be fair, I'm going to have to see if these new ones change my mind. It's possible, since after all, I do love the first one.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Even if what you say is true(which I am not saying it is, but I've never read the books soo..I can't say it's not) Sarah Jones has piercing eyes, and a look and that makes everything better so THERE! :noway:
AMDG

Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Alrighty then, I'll take your word for it. I guess I'll be paying more attention to the tv guide now. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love the books, and I enjoyed the first movie and tolerated the second two, but when I read that they killed of Willy Lahaye for the fourth one, I decided that they weren't worth my time. It's one thing to depart from the books and another thing to use characters' names and book titles to create totally different (and definitely inferior) storylines. It's nice that some people still enjoy them, but I'm really not interested.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I just remembered that "Love's Abiding Joy", which was the umpteenth, no wait, the fourth in the series was a little less painful to watch, if only because Mae Whitman (who played Anne in the Radio Theatre version of "Anne of Green Gables") was in it. Sometimes it's nice to put faces with voices.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I love the books. But the movies.....the only movie I liked was #3. I can't stand the fact that they totally changed the movies. It's like all they took from the books was the names of the characters and the names of the books.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Ok, I watched the new one tonight, and I've got to say...it didn't make me run from the room screaming. :anxious: I did like the new actress, Sarah Jones. She really reminds me of one of my friends, so maybe that has something to do with it. And it had a pretty good message - I think it was more explicitly Christian than I can remember any of the other ones being. So...no Oscars, but I'm not feeling very negative towards it, either.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

I TOLD YOU SARAH JONES MADE EVERYTHING BETTER, SHE HAS PIERCING EYES!!!
AMDG

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Okay, was it a typo or did they accidently make Belinda Davis a nurse in movie 7?
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

StrongNChrist wrote:Okay, was it a typo or did they accidently make Belinda Davis a nurse in movie 7?
No, I think it was stated about 27 times at least throughout that the movie that she was a DOCTOR, one lady thought she was a nurse but she was correct rather quickly.
AMDG