Who's Who On the ToO - Week 6

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Who's Who On the ToO - Week 6

Post by Iron and Light »

Finally... here's week six, everyone. Week seven should be released sometime later tonight, and then week eight about a day after that. Then, I'm hoping to do week nine's this Friday as was originally scheduled. I've always given up any hope of getting back on schedule with these things :(. Sorry everyone! It's not intentional, I promise ;).
Who's Who on the ToO - Week 6 wrote:Who's Who on the ToO - Week 6 - DanP740:

Having joined the ToO in the year of '05, not long after it's creation, DanP740 (affectionately referred to as 'Dan' by most) is a young oldbie- a veteran of the ToO at only 14 years old. He can be seen every year in Finneman's Market making his official ToO birthday presents for ever Town of Odyssey anniversary. He can also be found in the Town of Odyssey chat, where he is known as Dan_In_Trank_Tank (or something to that affect) and is nicknamed DITT for short.

Dan is, in fact, one of the few oldbies that has stayed on the ToO through thick and thin throughout the years, however his sporadic posting habits and recurring disappearances in the Town might prohibit newer members from getting to know him.

In his own words, he is:
DanP740 wrote:I'm a guy. Yeah. And I'm gettin' old. :- And I play guitar, and have lived in the same house all my life. And I talk more online than real life.
When asked about his faith, he noted:
DanP740 wrote:I became a Christian at about.... 8 or 9 or something, can't quite remember. I guess I'm non-denominational, or whatever "*mumblemumble* Bible Church" is.
His likes, dislikes, and favorite things to do are as follows (in Dan's words, of course):
DanP740 wrote:I like to play guitar, do stuff on the computer, run sound systems, split logs and clean bathrooms in service crew \:D/ I don't like having to be told over and over to do something (at least I'm not bugged about my room, because it's past the point of no return xD \:D/ ) I like pretty much every color, I like guitars, pretty much any type of music (everything from jazz to techno, classical to extreme metal)
Dan then went on to explain about how he found the ToO:
DanP740 wrote:I was on the TH because Tim was on the TH, although I'd been in the chatroom for years. I missed out on getting here the first day because I didn't feel like reading the announcement until April 3rd xD
And his first thoughts when seeing our awesome Town went something like this, apparently \:D/:
DanP740 wrote:MONEY! (gah, almost typed Monet...) And, I left when Charles took over, told myself I wouldn't come on for a week, but gave in and came back the next day and things were back to normal :-
Of course, when you've been around since nearly the very first day of the ToO, you've got to have a lot of friends ;).. So, who are Dan's favorite ToO'ers, you're wondering?.....
DanP740 wrote:Top (he's funny), Lonesome Dove :- , ek, J-man, Jayaar, Catspaw, and of course others I can't think of. Jared! \:D/
So what's your favorite memory, Dan?:
DanP740 wrote:Either getting thrown in jail twice by Regis for trying to rebuild the Trank Tank or getting another $4075 paycheck from my job as a Ninja Farmer before the economy reset
Wow.. thrown in jail by Regis- sounds awesomely violent \:D/.

-cough-

As pertaining to AIO, Dan explained that he doesn't really have a favorite character, however his favorite episodes are as follows:
DanP740 wrote:Top This, Mandy's Debute, 500, Inside the Studio, Gifts for Madge and Guy, I Slap Floor, etc.
And now, to wrap up our article....:
DanP740 wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:What makes the ToO so awesome?
Top, smilies, and me being a young oldbie.
DanP740 wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:If you would change one thing about the ToO to improve it, what would it be?
Install a map of Odyssey instead of the main page, and you click on various buildings for the different boards
Well, that's all for this article- thanks for sharing, Dan \:D/.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Yay! another article \:D/ I met Dan briefly but never got to know him really well so it's great hearing more about him! :yes: great article, Iron & Light.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Yay, I liked it. \:D/ I can't believe Dan is 14! Kids grow up way too fast. :noway:
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

And he thinks he's an oldbie... :noway:

*returns to lurking on the chat*
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Shmess wrote:Yay, I liked it. \:D/ I can't believe Dan is 14! Kids grow up way too fast. :noway:
Ditto that. :p

Great article! Thanks for sharing with us, Dan! \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Good to hear from Danny. \:D/
I do what I do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That was a lovely interview - thanks for sharing with us, Dan! :D It was neat to hear more about you. Another good job, Iron and Light! \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

"Young oldbie" ... great term to describe Dan! I remember when he was thrown into jail by Regis for trying to rebuild the Trank Tank. Ahh, good times.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Excellent interview! :yes: Good ol' Dan! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

So what does the "P740" mean, may I inquire?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Guess. :- (this is not a one word post, so ha!)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

DanP740 wrote:
Iron and Light wrote:If you would change one thing about the ToO to improve it, what would it be?
Install a map of Odyssey instead of the main page, and you click on various buildings for the different boards
That's a really cool idea! :yes:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

DanP740 wrote:Guess. :- (this is not a one word post, so ha!)
P is for your last name (which I won't post) and you were born on July 40th 1994! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Given your affinity for cars, my guess is that it means this! \:D/
Code P0740/p740: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction. This is a fairly complicated issue. It will take more than one article to address the issue. Realistically speaking without good reliable diagnostic techniques by a competent mechanic many folks will get the same result as the individual who asked this question. I’m not going to get super detailed in this post, I want to answer the question. I do think that a detailed post on the symptom itself and the many issues that can cause it should be discussed. I also would like to explain exactly what a TCC (torque converter clutch) is.
That was the only car sounding thing I saw on the first page of my Google search. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

OH! I know what it stands for! \:D/

...but I don't really feel like telling everyone lest I sound stalkerish or something of the sort. :anxious:
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

JesusIsAlive wrote:

...but I don't really feel like telling everyone lest I sound stalkerish or something of the sort. :anxious:
I know what it stands for too. \:D/

But we already know you're stalkerish, since you said you know what it means...
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Tim Peterson wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:

Well *you* know what it means, too. Maybe you're the stalker here. :noway:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*joins stalker accusations*

Antonym is a STALKER! He gets ZERO out of ZERO crosses.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

JesusIsAlive wrote:
Tim Peterson wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:

Nope. I have a right to know it, seeing as I've used the same number myself. :p
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Tim Peterson wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:
Tim Peterson wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:

Nope. I have a right to know it, seeing as I've used the same number myself. :p
Oh, you mean something like TJP740? :p I... haven't used that number before. So I suppose I have no right to know it. :(