Paradise Lost

by John Milton

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Paradise Lost

Post by KODY 105 »

Who has read Paradise Lost by John Milton? What do you think of it?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I read the poem for school ~4 years ago, wrote a 5 (or was it 6?) page paper about it, and managed to forget most of it... so I won't be able to give you a good opinion.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I had to read it at some point as well, I no longer have any real recollection of it. ;)
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I got like, ten pages into it. And then I set it down for Little Britches because I didn't really want to hear about Satan and his dubious acts right then. \:D/

Fortunately, or unfortunately, it's a school book, so I'll be finishing it sometime in the near future. :-
don't forget the rain.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I thoroughly enjoyed it. :) It's actually one of the 'classics' (aka- ridiculously old and ancient books that are only demanded to be read because of their age, not because of literary merit) that actually liked. :anxious:

Milton is....imaginative. Hah. Totally off and un-Biblical- but entertaining and imaginative nonetheless.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Ruthie wrote:Milton is....imaginative. Hah. Totally off and un-Biblical- but entertaining and imaginative nonetheless.
My textbook said that he ended up believing Arianism.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: