Quest for the Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod

Not nearly as epic as it sounds.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Boswell
Classic

Quest for the Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod

Post by Boswell »

Wod-Fam-Choc-Sods are one of the favourite treats at Whit's End, and some of you may even have tried one yourselves. But I want to know...what IS a chocolate soda?

I'm aware that in the States, "soda" is often used to mean any kind of carbonated soft drink (known in other parts as pop). Orange soda, grape soda and lemon-lime soda are all common enough.

I'm familiar with the Italian sodas offered at many coffee or ice cream shops (so we must be getting closer). These are like any other soda, but come in large and exotic varieties, like strawberry, pineapple or kiwi.

Following this logic, a chocolate soda would be a chocolate-flavoured soft drink, but that sounds too revolting for my mind to accept! Would anybody ever drink anything like that?!

So, enlighten me, so that I may picture the orders at Whit's End more vividly: what IS a chocolate soda?
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

You didn't have one when you were there? :shock: Ooohhh... they are good! I wish I'd watched them being made, but I was busy taking pictures. I think it was made in a blender, and I also believe there was ice cream involved. :-k

Not only is "soda" a carbonated soft drink, but it also refers to soda water, aka club soda or seltzer. Basically water with carbon dioxide bubbles. It's what is added to the soft drink syrup to make it into the consumable form or to the syrup flavors for Italian soda.

So... my guess is soda water, chocolate syrup, and vanilla ice cream. But I could be totally wrong. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Like a chocolate shake with carbonation. Not bad. It's like if you ever have a root beer float and stir in the ice cream. Instead think chocolate ice cream and soda water.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I might possibly have the actual recipe :-

but I'm afraid I cannot share it as death and explosions and the end of the world were threatened if I did, if I remember correctly. ;) :-$

:^o
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I actually had one when I went to Whits End at FotF, it was really good! And someone should really find the Whits End recipe cause I want to drink one now dangit :)
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

darcie wrote:You didn't have one when you were there? :shock:
I hate chocolate.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Boswell wrote:
darcie wrote:You didn't have one when you were there? :shock:
I hate chocolate.
*GASP*
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

ditto to the *GASP* Hating chocolate is not acceptable. :shame: Arg, now I want some. :(

So. Why the fascination with the contents of said drink then?
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I just realized that chocolate sodas were mentioned over and over again in Odyssey, but I never knew what they actually were. I envisioned them as chocolate milkshakes, but if they were just milkshakes, why were they called "sodas"?

And hating chocolate is perfectly acceptable. I'll just have a Loc-Kno-Straw-Mal!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Boswell wrote:I just realized that chocolate sodas were mentioned over and over again in Odyssey, but I never knew what they actually were. I envisioned them as chocolate milkshakes, but if they were just milkshakes, why were they called "sodas"?
You're right... I didn't even think about it but I've always thought of them as milkshakes as well. :-k
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Now, I want a WodFamChocSod.

No, Mozilla Firefox, that is too a word!!
I do what I do.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I... thought it tasted like a chocolate shake? :shrugs:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

LizzieG wrote:I... thought it tasted like a chocolate shake? :shrugs:
yeah but not just ANY chocolate shake - that was seriously the best shake of chocolately goodness that I have ever had in my life!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
The Court Jester
I've been here a bit

Post by The Court Jester »

mmmmm...

Whatever it is, sounds absolutely delicious and now I'm craving one!
Hahaha My Motto: ;)

Matthew 10:39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

So, anyone have a recipe?
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

JesusFreak777 wrote:I might possibly have the actual recipe :-
JF says she does... I say we all demand sharing!! :protest:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

darcie wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:I might possibly have the actual recipe :-
JF says she does... I say we all demand sharing!! :protest:
Positive peer pressure has been used on AIO to encourage the sharing of the recipe for Raspberry Ripple (so yummy, by the way!) so I see no reason why it should not be used in this case as well. O:)
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

I have a recipe as well, I used to make it for all my siblings...now you've reminded me! What fun!

I've gone all organic though...I wonder how an all organic wod-fam-choc-sod would taste.

I'll get back to you on that.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Trillspots wrote:I have a recipe as well, I used to make it for all my siblings...now you've reminded me! What fun!

I've gone all organic though...I wonder how an all organic wod-fam-choc-sod would taste.

I'll get back to you on that.
Too bad Whit only stocks organic boisenberries part of the year.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Pleasseeee give us the recipeee!!!!

:thud:

That's me begging. lol
I do what I do.