Runescape

Discussion

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Malazabul
I've been here a bit

Post by Malazabul »

I am on Runescape, and I looooove it!!!!!!

i'm not quite obsessed because i am not given enough computer time to. Plus, my mom said i can only do games on her computer on certain days :(

my combat level is only 14

my highest levels are mining (29) and smithing (24)
I am Malazabul on Runescape! current top levels:
combat: 72
defence: 54
attack: 60
strength: 67
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Totally! I loves Mining and Smithing too! \:D/ What be thy usernames?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I have only heard of it this school year..... it's seems senseless and lame... I know a lot of people at my school who play it. But WoW (Wow... I JUST GOT THAT.. World of Warcraft.. haha) is also played, heavily... *cough* Jeremiah *cough!*

And to answer the question: No, I don't think all role playing games are wrong and bad. Depends on the content and how heavily invested or induced you are with the game. If you are addicted/obsessed, then it unhealthy. And if it gets too real or into real life, that's not healthy either. Once in a while, and the content... but, it depends on each individual.

I could play Runescape... but I just don't get it... (the playing of the game... you don't have to explain, there........)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

world of warcrack~

I've played runescape for ... like 2 weeks at a time. It was highly boring and I just never got into it. 'Twas slow.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

It's not an action packed game all the time. :yes: Requires patience for steady skill buildup. :yes: WoW is good, but addictive, I'v heard. :-k
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The thing about Runescape is it's just a bunch of repetitive clicking...there's no real gameplay.

Guild Wars is a much better game, you just have to buy the game and its free to play forever with no monthly fee...and its an actual game, no browser based shenanigans.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Wombat Bear wrote:The thing about Runescape is it's just a bunch of repetitive clicking...there's no real gameplay.

Guild Wars is a much better game, you just have to buy the game and its free to play forever with no monthly fee...and its an actual game, no browser based shenanigans.
There is strategy to it. The building of your skills, for one thing. And minigames like Fist of Guthix require realtime strategy to win in addition to skills.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Fang wrote:
Wombat Bear wrote:The thing about Runescape is it's just a bunch of repetitive clicking...there's no real gameplay.

There is strategy to it. The building of your skills, for one thing. And minigames like Fist of Guthix require realtime strategy to win in addition to skills.
The building of your skills require strategy? It seemed alot like going through a repetitive grind of clicking options to me. ;)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

The truth: all MMORPGs are boring and repetitive and addicting. It's a RULE. Just like the "All games based on movies must be atrocious" rule.
Last edited by Pseudonym on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Wombat Bear wrote:
Fang wrote:

The building of your skills require strategy? It seemed alot like going through a repetitive grind of clicking options to me. ;)
Not so much strategy, but with PvP worlds and various other fighting games, skills do help. It also takes some strategy to use your various skills to trade profitably to get other skills/armor/weaponry/etc.

Granted there are many more things to be gained from being a paying member, but nonmembers still get good stuff. Especially if you have real life friends on there you can get your skills up with.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Pseudonym wrote:The truth: all MMORPGs are boring and repetitive and addicting. It's a RULE. Just like the "All games based on movies must be atrocious" rule.
FTFY. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

J-man wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:The truth: all MMORPGs are boring and repetitive and addicting. It's a RULE. Just like the "All games based on movies must be atrocious" rule.
FTFY. \:D/
Thanks you. You could've just logged on this account and edited it, but you're too lazy for that, eh? \:D/
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Of course. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Well, EVE isn't addicting, but that's because it's so insanely boring nobody actually wants to play it.
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

Pseudonym wrote:Well, EVE isn't addicting, but that's because it's so insanely boring nobody actually wants to play it.
:hilarious:

Too true ;)

It's a waste of time really I wasted a weekend on it :noway:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

My brother used to play it all the time. It looked so fun! Oh, look, I can warp drive!

*ten minutes later*

Oh, boy, I'm close to my destination! Halt warp drive! Now I'll just fly over to the outpost space station thing!

*twenty minutes later*

Oh, boy, I'm there! Hey, look, I can buy stuff! I just have to calculate the stuff...

*ten minutes later*

Oh, boy, let's go sell this somewhere else and get a profit!

*looks at large map and charts*

Okay, I'm here... the best place for selling is here... I think it'll take about... thirty minutes.

*thirty minutes later*

YES! I got two more ISK!
So you lost your trust,
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Pseudonym wrote:My brother used to play it all the time. It looked so fun! Oh, look, I can warp drive!

*ten minutes later*

Oh, boy, I'm close to my destination! Halt warp drive! Now I'll just fly over to the outpost space station thing!

*twenty minutes later*

Oh, boy, I'm there! Hey, look, I can buy stuff! I just have to calculate the stuff...

*ten minutes later*

Oh, boy, let's go sell this somewhere else and get a profit!

*looks at large map and charts*

Okay, I'm here... the best place for selling is here... I think it'll take about... thirty minutes.

*thirty minutes later*

YES! I got two more ISK!
:hilarious:

SO true. In a 48 hour span I got absolutely nowhere.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Aside from the fact that I have no idea what's going on, this is about Runescape. :shame: :anxious:
Malazabul
I've been here a bit

Post by Malazabul »

Fang wrote:Totally! I loves Mining and Smithing too! \:D/ What be thy usernames?
my username is Malazabul, and i am now level 17 combat

30 mining

25 smithing
I am Malazabul on Runescape! current top levels:
combat: 72
defence: 54
attack: 60
strength: 67
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

scorpionman wrote:
Fang wrote:Totally! I loves Mining and Smithing too! \:D/ What be thy usernames?
my username is Malazabul, and i am now level 17 combat

30 mining

25 smithing
Cool, I added you. :yes: Niiice skillz. :D