Album 50 is...

possessed! :O

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Album 50 is...

Post by SivartM »

So, I CD #2 of Album 50 into my computer to rip it, and my computer instead begins ripping a CD that certainly sounds like AIO but is named "50 Disc 1" by "Various Artists" and is "Rock". While the episodes sound like "An Accidental Delimma 1&2" and "A Class Reenactment", they are named things like "Take Me to the Hospital", "Jenny, You're Barely Alive", and "A Book Laid on its Binding".

So now I have to rename everything! Has anyone else had this problem? The other CDs are fine, it's just CD 2.

Do you think it's a practical joke from the Bones of Wrath? :anxious:
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

I think that some FotF employee was up to late one night... :boohoo:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

If it's a joke, tis one on you and not a nice one either. I put my disc 2 into my computer and every episode appeared in iTunes correctly named. You might call FOTF and tell them about it. They are very nice about problems like this one.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

My album 50 was just fine.
The good ol' ToO.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I always rename everything since the built-in tags are consistently INconsistent (except for all the repacks: they have NO tags), but I didn't notice anything weird when I ripped Vol. 50.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I have ripped in all the AIO CDs I have, and it's been a very amusing process. :lol: More then not the tags seem to be messed up, like someone at Focus got bored.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

SivartM, did you rip the CD on Windows Media Player, or on iTunes? :-k
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

That sort of thing is always happening to me, though it's usually only to my Classical music CDs. Never had it happen to AIO...
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Yesterday I ripped the album "The Changing Times" and "Unto Us a Child is Born" came out as "Unto Us a Chile is Born". :hilarious: Not a big thing, but it made me laugh!
The good ol' ToO.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I think that some FotF employee was up to late one night...
I volunteer at Focus on the Family and I don't think that the CDs are actually created at Focus on the Family. All the artwork is created at Focus and then it is sent off to Tyndale. IF your name is Nathan Hoobler and you're reading this please correct me if I'm wrong. But I think that Tyndale takes care of the CDs.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

amyinodyssey wrote:
I think that some FotF employee was up to late one night...
I volunteer at Focus on the Family and I don't think that the CDs are actually created at Focus on the Family. All the artwork is created at Focus and then it is sent off to Tyndale. IF your name is Nathan Hoobler and you're reading this please correct me if I'm wrong. But I think that Tyndale takes care of the CDs.
Tyndale produces the CDs, but FOTF would tell them what they wanted the tracks to be tagged.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

All,

Allow me to briefly explain the situation. One of the limitations of CD technology is that you can’t include the track titles on the audio portion of the CD. So when the CD masters leave our building, we have no way to include the track titles in a way that CD players or computers will read.

The wonders of the Internet make it possible to download those track titles online. Your computer can read the CD, compare it to a massive online database of CDs, and download the track titles to your computer. Several companies have sprung up to accommodate this process. Usually, it’s worked just fine. However, in this case, our CD is being misidentified.

There are three major companies that supply track titles in this way — FreeDB, Gracenote, and AllMusic. All of our information on Album 50 is correct in FreeDB and Gracenote. AllMusic has the correct information for Discs 1, 3, and 4. Disc 2 is being misidentified.

AllMusic is the service that provides track titles to Windows Media Player, which is the software that a large percentage of people use on their computers to listen to music. (If they use iTunes, Winamp, RealPlayer, MusicMatch, or other popular players, the track titles will be correct.)

We're currently working with AllMusic via e-mail to get this problem resolved.

Hope that helps! :-)

Nathan
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Wow, that was really informative.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth