No more lawsuits for illegal downloaders

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

No more lawsuits for illegal downloaders

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20081220/ ... g_lawsuits

I think it's a good approach to the failing system of P2P file sharing. Hitting Mothers' with $200,000 fines is wrong, and this fixes the problem, and will likely lead to a better solution :).
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

(Rushes to a nearest illegal download site and starts downloading) \:D/
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Yay \:D/!! W00t, hallelujah, and all of those exclamations of happiness ;). Now I can continue my song-swapping.. with a clean conscience :-.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

It's still illegal, and you can potentially risk losing your internet, but personally, with the wide variety of ISP's, the risk is exponentially nonexistent.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Azariah Ben Yaakov wrote:It's still illegal, and you can potentially risk losing your internet, but personally, with the wide variety of ISP's, the risk is exponentially nonexistent.
Heh, yah. There's pretty much zero of a chance that we can lose our internet, especially since the music industry stopped suing us illegal music swappers. Anywho, I'm excited xD.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Album manufacturers might also consider cutting costs for CDs and downloadable MP3s to give legal purchasing a more competitive edge. Especially since the actual costs of production (sans copyright fees and brand related fees, etc) is extremely low.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

*does happy dance* :-
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

Oh yea, so happy. XD
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I believe that this will probably be far more practical for a number of reasons, in part because it won't cost them anywhere near as much as legal fees would to my knowledge. And it's almost certainly better at preventing any confirmed repeat offenses.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.