The Ultimate Odyssey Fan Contest

It's back... and better than ever. \:D/

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

The Ultimate Odyssey Fan Contest

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The History

In the inaugural year of the Town of Odyssey, Shadowpaw ran a contest in which fans could post pictures of their AIO/RT/FotF collections and win ToO money. Although the board was still young, the contest generated a significant amount of interest - so much, in fact, that a second contest was held less than three months afterwards. It's been a long three years since then, however, and people's collections have undoubtedly grown larger (if yours hasn't, then you need to go buy an album now! :x). I figured it was about time to bring back this fabulous idea - this time in conjunction with the Unofficial Podcast.

The Task

Show off your Odyssey collection to the world! :D

Any AIO-related item is acceptable and you're welcome to arrange your collection in whichever way you'd like. The key to this contest is originality. Just because you may have the largest collection in the world doesn't mean you're automatically going to win. Conversely, even if you only have only a handful of Odyssey items, you still have a shot if you demonstrate some creativity. Photoshopping is permitted within reason - we want to see your collection, not a bunch of random photo effects. Once you've snapped your photo, email it as an attachment to [email protected]. Sarah (JesusFreak777) and I will select the winner in early January.

The Prize

What's the incentive, you ask? First and foremost - bragging rights! Oh, and you'll also receive a free copy of The Truth Chronicles. \:D/

The Deadline

You have until December 31, 2008 at 11:59 pm Eastern to submit your photo.

So stop twiddling your thumbs and get to work! :x
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Awesome!!! I love showing off my collection and I really want Truth Chronicles! This is perfect. :D It will be a lot of fun seeing other peoples' collections displayed in interesting ways. I do have a few questions though;

Do you have to be in the picture?

Can you submit more than one picture?

Does the winner recieve the unofficial title of "The Greatest Odyssey Fan Ever"?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

No, you don't have to be in the picture. Only one picture will be accepted. We don't need multiple angles of the same setup. ;)

Here's one of the winning photos from the first contest, courtesy of Evil Chick. \:D/

Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Rodney Rathbone
Pilgrim

Post by Rodney Rathbone »

Trent DeWhite wrote:No, you don't have to be in the picture. Only one picture will be accepted. We don't need multiple angles of the same setup. ;)

Here's one of the winning photos from the first contest, courtesy of Evil Chick. \:D/

Now thats a classy joint! :hilarious:
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Whoa, a larger version of the contest banner! Very nice. :D

I'm excited for this contest too... especially since I'd just been thinking of creative ways to photograph my collection (thanks to a semi-recent thread). I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. :yes:

Alas and alack! I left my calendar at school! :mad:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I e-mailed my pic... but, well, it was missing a few things... somehow, deciding if I want to use my outdated pic and my new one is HARD... one has the ones I need in my new pic, and the new pic has the stuff I need to add to the old pic... I wish I could have sent in two... because then somehow you'd see all my AIO-related things.... oh well... life sucks when you live 300 miles away from home for school and can't commute back every day...

Unfortunately, I can't just drag my AIO stuff at home back to Wally World... there might be too much... grr... and I don't even know if I'm going home. Okay, this holiday season really is a downer for me...

Best luck to all who enter though!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If you do end up going home for the holiday, you can take another picture and we'll accept the most recent one you send. Just make sure you email it to us by or before December 31st. :)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Do you want us in the picture or not?And do you want it to be a photoshop picture or like the picture you posted of the last contest?
---------------------------
Edit:Does LCD and Radio Theatre count?
Last edited by Peachey Keen on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It's up to you (and your parents ;)) whether or not you'll be in the picture. Like I said at the top - photoshopping is permitted, but within reason. We'd prefer if the picture was not photoshopped. However, if you happen to edit your photo, send us the original and the photoshopped version and we'll decide from there.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Red wrote:If you do end up going home for the holiday, you can take another picture and we'll accept the most recent one you send. Just make sure you email it to us by or before December 31st. :)
Um, well.... it wound't be before the 31st when I came back, and when going by train, I can't take my albums back home with me...

Okay, confusing, yes, but oh well.. I'll live with whatever. I never intend to win in the first place, so it doesn't matter.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Red wrote:If you do end up going home for the holiday, you can take another picture and we'll accept the most recent one you send. Just make sure you email it to us by or before December 31st. :)
Um, well.... it wound't be before the 31st when I came back, and when going by train, I can't take my albums back home with me...

Okay, confusing, yes, but oh well.. I'll live with whatever. I never intend to win in the first place, so it doesn't matter.
You take the train? That's pretty cool. :-

While we're on the topic of off-topic things :anxious: , what city's skyline is the logo? It's killing the geography geek inside of me, who should be able to identify major cityscapes. :lol:

Anyway, I've got an awesome idea! \:D/ It's totally going to win. It will be a lot of hard work, but I'm super excited. I'm waiting for christmas, though, 'cause I probably will get at least one AIO thing. :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

King Butter Turtle wrote:While we're on the topic of off-topic things :anxious: , what city's skyline is the logo?
Perhaps you should ask Simbelmyne34 - she designed the banner. \:D/
Peachey Keen wrote:Edit:Does LCD and Radio Theatre count?
The LCD episodes with Jason - sure. I can't recall any Odyssey-related Radio Theatre dramas, though.

Less than five days left to get your entries submitted! Don't delay! :x

Edit - Trent, I have never been more ashamed of you. :( - Catspaw
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

In the photo posted I saw Last Change Detectives movies and Brio magazines...do those count?
The good ol' ToO.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Not in this contest, no. We want to see your Odyssey collection this time around. :D
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

My original idea turned out not to work. :( But, I got another pretty cool idea and I've spent the last three or four hours setting it up! :D It's all done now, I just have to wait 'till it gets dark, so I can take the picture without shadows and glares.

How many entries do you have so far?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

We've received over a dozen entries thus far - and the deadline has been extended until Jan. 7th @ 11:59 pm Eastern. \:D/
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

It looks like a great contest! I do have one question, though. Can the picture include family AIO stuff as well, or does it all have to be stuff that one owns personally? :p
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anything Odyssey related... even if it's not yours. Preferably something that's owned by a member of the family - no stealing. :x
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Anything Odyssey related... even if it's not yours. Preferably something that's owned by a member of the family - no stealing. :x
So, I could go to my local Christian bookstore and just arrange some amazing display and take a picture of it? \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, that's obviously what I meant. :noway: