Give Me Your Eyes

Brandon Heith

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Like it or Don't

Like it
74%
Don't
9%
Don't understand
17%

Total votes: 23

Tractor107
Tallying up

Give Me Your Eyes

Post by Tractor107 »

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this song, "Give Me Your Eyes", and what they think. I think it has a great message and can really make someone think. What does the song mean to you? It means, to me, that we need to be looking around with God's loving eyes and not our selfish, judgemental eyes.
1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not let anyone look down onn you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in life, in speech, in love, in purity, and in faith."
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

*sigh*
i love that song, we listen to it alot
at my youth group meetings *we all just meet at my youth pastors house and he has a killer stereo haha*

the lyrics are amazing
its so true how we never know whats really going on with other people ya know?
like one day i was tellin a teacher of mine how this one girl like absolutly freaked at me one day for somehting that was soo little...
and i was venting when she was like
"woah, amanda, calm down...whenever something like this happens to me i always remind myself that i never know what may have happened to them 10 mins ago or what may be going on in their lives..."

ill never forget it cuz its soo true
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Oh... I've heard it (not to mention I have the song, and it is on my myspace...on my mp3 player )

I ADORE it. When I slip on my headphones for my mp3 player, I always find it at least once and listen to the lyrics. Brandon is a really good singer, and Give Me Your Eyes is my favorite by him (I'm Not Who I Was comes in a close second).

After seeing the music video, it gave me a better prespective on what the song meant, even though for everyone a song could be interpreted a million ways. But that's normal. If we were to give our eyes for just a second to see what is happening in the world, we'd probably be transformed; and if we have Christ, we might be called to do something about it.
I've seen what this world is. Just from my own country (AH!), and if I, for one second, was old enough to help fight the one thing I hate the most, I would.

:) I have met Brandon, and he's REALLY nice. He's just awesome. :)

Amor, Danielle.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

That's my favorite song! I guess, coming from some one who doesn't really listen to music, that doesn't mean much :anxious: , but whenever I'm in the car and they play it on KLOVE I turn it up.

Anyway, I interpret the lyrics slightly differently then those who have posted so far. You know the one verse about the guy who's out of work and hasn't told his wife? I see the chorus as meaning; "All the people you walk by every day have a story, a story you would never know, because you don't have God's eyes, unless you talk to them. Let God give you his eyes so you can see their story, their pain that they're hiding, their problems and you can comfort them and maybe even share Christ with them. In other words, christians are supposed to talk to the people they sit next to on the subway or the people who check out their groceries and be kind to them 'cause that's what Christ would do."

Sorry to preach on you, but anyway, the music is really good to. It's a great song!

EDIT: I've never seen the music video before. I just went and watched it and it was... was... undescribable. I would highly recamend it.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I got that CD from my cousin for Christmas the song's good but I don't really like his type of music that much!!
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

I love that song! I'm going to Brandon Heaths concert in Jan!
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
tiggerish100
Not as new

Post by tiggerish100 »

Love the song... He is a really great artist
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I used to like it...

...until Shine FM played it about twice a day for several months and I got sick of it. :x
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Amethystic wrote:I used to like it...

...until Shine FM played it about twice a day for several months and I got sick of it. :x
Only twice a day? Gosh.. that's low compared to all the stations around here. We have three (Klove, Air 1, and... the University's station) and they each play the song a MINIMUM of 4 times a day... along with Jeremy Camp's "There Will Be A Day"... two is not much...
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:

Only twice a day? Gosh.. that's low compared to all the stations around here. We have three (Klove, Air 1, and... the University's station) and they each play the song a MINIMUM of 4 times a day... along with Jeremy Camp's "There Will Be A Day"... two is not much...
It drives me nuts how Christian radio stations always play the same songs over and over! Why can't they play all the different songs from over the years, like other stations? ](*,)
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Amethystic wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:

It drives me nuts how Christian radio stations always play the same songs over and over! Why can't they play all the different songs from over the years, like other stations? ](*,)
I know!! ](*,)

But back on topic, I rly luv GMYE because it reminds me to look at ppl the way God does. Otherwise I'm just looking down on ppl or being scared of ppl or whatever because of my sinful self. :(
My sister h8s it cuz he chants "Yeah...yeah...yeah..." and it drives her nuts for some reason. :shrugs: But I got a ringtone for my mom's phone so she can't run now. :badgrin:
dodobirdeee
Gold Member

Post by dodobirdeee »

I liked it when it first came out... but then it got played sooooooooo many times and I just got sick of it.
birdeee