Hannah Montana

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

mydoghasfleas wrote:you dont watch tv?! thats awesome! i wish i could do that! :D
nope. we quit watching TV years ago. actually we quit watching movies then too, instead we played games together as a family. We started watching movies again a while back (I can't remember when) but we never started watching TV again. I like it that way. There'll be no TV or movies in my family after I get married \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

StrongNChrist wrote:
mydoghasfleas wrote:you dont watch tv?! thats awesome! i wish i could do that! :D
nope. we quit watching TV years ago. actually we quit watching movies then too, instead we played games together as a family. We started watching movies again a while back (I can't remember when) but we never started watching TV again. I like it that way. There'll be no TV or movies in my family after I get married \:D/
That's great! We don't watch TV either...it was never a set rule 'thou shalt not watch TV' but we just never bothered, at least after Dad left. :- We still watch movies every now and then (The Incredibles, It's a Wonderful Life, The Sound of Music...stuff like that.) And the little kids have a bunch of videos they like to watch...all educational stuff like 'Road Construction Ahead' or 'Washington State Parks'. Our all time favorite is Biology 101 which we watch at least once or twice a week. \:D/

(This sure got off topic...horray! :p)
The good ol' ToO.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Kit Kat wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:
That's great! We don't watch TV either...it was never a set rule 'thou shalt not watch TV' but we just never bothered, at least after Dad left. :- We still watch movies every now and then (The Incredibles, It's a Wonderful Life, The Sound of Music...stuff like that.) And the little kids have a bunch of videos they like to watch...all educational stuff like 'Road Construction Ahead' or 'Washington State Parks'. Our all time favorite is Biology 101 which we watch at least once or twice a week. \:D/

(This sure got off topic...horray! :p)
lol. Julie Andrews is a good Maria! I love that movie \:D/ we did the no-TV thing because the older kids and my dad spent almost all their time watching TV and we never did things together as a family.
(Yeah, I noticed \:D/)
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I better keep my month shut about miley cyrus.... I'll say that she is the last person on my love list, thats fo sho.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Now I know why some people don't like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana...
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

I feel bad about this for some reason. can someone give me an example of her bad behavior other than the vanity fair thing? (no rumors)
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

mydoghasfleas wrote:I feel bad about this for some reason. can someone give me an example of her bad behavior other than the vanity fair thing? (no rumors)
Mydoghasfleas, she's taken other, far worse photos than the vanity fair ones on her own time ;). When confronted about them, she basically said that she didn't give a rip- that she was just having 'fun'.

Seeing as how this is a Christian board, I don't feel like I have the ability to post what the photos were on here (we have some very young users on this board whose parents might not be too happy if they read all about them), however I don't judge people unless they give me reason to believe that they have some serious issues :anxious:. 'Miley' Cyrus certainly has done enough crud to raise some red flags with me.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

StrongNChrist wrote:
I can understand no TV, but no movies :sniff: ....how would your family ever watch Celtic Woman :mecry:
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Oriana's fire wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:
I can understand no TV, but no movies :sniff: ....how would your family ever watch Celtic Woman :mecry:
I don't watch Celtic Woman anyways, Oriana. And actually...study shows that watching TV and/or movies is damaging to the brain.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I didn't even know the premise of Hannah Montana until I saw a movie poster the other day of her with brown and blonde hair, and asked my friends about it. That... would explain why the names Hannah Montana and Miley seem to be used interchangeably. :-
StrongNChrist wrote:
Oriana's fire wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:
I don't watch Celtic Woman anyways, Oriana. And actually...study shows that watching TV and/or movies is damaging to the brain.
I grew up without TV-watching, and am convinced I'm the better for it! \:D/ (even though that means I'm out of touch with most of the shows my generation grew up with).
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

StrongNChrist wrote:
Oriana's fire wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:
Well That is very sad, but I have heard a special on Focus on the Family, it think it was, about how things like t.v. and *clears throat* computors cause over stimulation.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Miley Cyrus is really a Christian. The way she acts on Hannah Montana is not really true. She was just saying what the script says. She wrote a book about her life called Miles to Go and I think what she says on the book is true. But it's okay if you still don't like her and I'm okay with it. Just like some users don't like pureNRG. pureNRG are Christian group ages 13, 14 and 16.
~AC~
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

I don't like her, and I never will.
She's just an over-spoiled girl.
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Oh and anouther thing...It's not her fault about the pictures. It was just the paparazzi (sp?)'s fault.
~AC~
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Not her fault? So she was forced to pose with a pretty smile on her face? That's impossible.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Sergeant Schultz wrote:Not her fault? So she was forced to pose with a pretty smile on her face? That's impossible.
Ditto.
mydoghasfleas
Processing

Post by mydoghasfleas »

so if you took a photo of yourself that was intended only for family, but it leaked to the media it would totally be your fault you took them in the first place? :-s

she turns to dust.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yep.

My fault I conceded to take such disturbing pictures in the first place. The consequences would be rightfully mine. If I'm going to be "sorry" and that it was meant "only in fun", then why do I it in the first place? I shouldn't. She was wrong to agree to take the pictures, and was only sorry after so many of her young fans' parents complained about it. I don't see a role-model in such behaviour.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
mydoghasfleas
Processing

Post by mydoghasfleas »

that's not what I'm talking about, so every time you and your friends take pictures you "agree" that its okay to take them?

she turns to dust.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Then what are you talking about? I honestly don't know.

Of course. If I don't want my picture taken, I say no. If I don't care, then I say yes. If they take a candid shot of me, they burst out laughing; then show it to me. If I don't like it, they delete it. It's my choice whether or not someone takes a picture of me. If I'm in a situation where there are going to be cameras, then I have to concede to the fact that people are going to take pictures of me. If I don't want pictures taken of me that might go to other people, why do I put myself in the situation at all?
Love you always, SnC