Bible Quizzing

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Bible Quizzing

Post by EK »

Ive been a quizzer for about a year...and our team is going to national....I understand that every denomination has different verses of study and such but who else here is a bible quizzer
My denominations bible quizzing site
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

My sister does Bible quizzing... she started last September, I think. It's certainly something I would've liked to be involved in had I known about it earlier. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah its aweome....I learned over 400 verses and references...and memorised them
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

that would be awesome...but i don't know if i have that much room in my head :-k #-o
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Here's my denomination's bible quiz site:
http://www.pathfindersonline.org/html/e ... vement.htm
I got a cool pin! Even though my team lost. :(
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

Interesting, I highly encourage y'all to join in on Bible Quizzing.

Our church Quizzes as part of AACS (American Association of Christian Schools - http://www.aacs.org )

We also do intramural quizzing on sunday nights for grades 4-12.

and we Host a National Tournament (http://www.citournament.org) every President's Day Weekend.

Some of the Kids that have completed the entire course have memorized over half of the new testament.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

That is amazing. Keep it up EK, and everyone else involved!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

dancer02248 wrote:that would be awesome...but i don't know if i have that much room in my head :-k #-o
Actually, I heard that during a normal lifespan, humans typically use less than 2% of their brain capacity. :shock:

I've tried memorizing Bible verses lots of times, but they seem to slip away after a month or two...:(
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Dr. Watson wrote:
dancer02248 wrote:that would be awesome...but i don't know if i have that much room in my head :-k #-o
Actually, I heard that during a normal lifespan, humans typically use less than 2% of their brain capacity. :shock:

I've tried memorizing Bible verses lots of times, but they seem to slip away after a month or two...:(
That happens to me too... :(
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Once I tried memorizing the entire book of Romans, and it actually stuck for awhile. But now, it's impossible to remember it.

Cheerio
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

For memorization, repetition is the key. If you have a chunk memorized and don't want to forget it, I'd suggest saying it at least once a week.

I have on rare occasion put Bible verses to song, but it is not an easy task!...for me, at least.

As for Bible Quiz, I wish it wasn't too late to get involved!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dr. Watson wrote:Once I tried memorizing the entire book of Romans, and it actually stuck for awhile. But now, it's impossible to remember it.
For the past year (up until September '04), my sister was memorizing Matthew. She memorized around 800 verses, I believe. She's presently working on Romans and says it's more difficult memorizing it. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Dr. Watson wrote:

Only 2% I say I at least use 3!!!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

SivartM wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:

That happens to me too... :(
Why do you memorize Scripture? To remember it. In order to remember it you have to "exercise" it with meditation. You said it over and over when you were memorizing it, right? You need to keep saying it to yourself. As you get to know it better you might need only once a day or whatever. It's practice that's the key. It only makes sense anyway if you're memorizing the Bible. You hide God's Word in your heart so you won't sin against Him. That doesn't just mean that you hope a verse will come to mind someday if you need it. It means that you'll go over it and think over it so you'll get to know it better and hopefully live like God wants you to. :)
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:Once I tried memorizing the entire book of Romans, and it actually stuck for awhile. But now, it's impossible to remember it.
For the past year (up until September '04), my sister was memorizing Matthew. She memorized around 800 verses, I believe. She's presently working on Romans and says it's more difficult memorizing it. :-k
That's very true. I've memorized the Sermon on the Mount (Matt. 5-7) and Romans 6-7. The passage in Matthew was a lot easier for me to earn.