OBAMA WINS BY A LANDSLIDE

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

I can assure you we're not double accounts, KODY. I wrote the thing I wrote on the 4th in response to a topic at a different forum, and since I saw this topic about Obama and whatnot, I decided to post it. I'm not trying to point fingers at anyone through it. If it offends anyone, I can remove it. O:)

I know I may be missing something....

:-k :D

Most of the time I'm not this seeri-osoh, honest! =]
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

KODY 105 wrote:Wow, Perron and DC!
Please allow me to inject humor into this place for a moment. Are you sure you two are not double accounts?

*refers everyone to the posts of these two people*

I am not a double account i was just tired of people beating around the bush about it not that anyone here is.
okay maybe some are.
anyways i feel like people need to get out that and stand up for what they know is right. just think if everyone who was against abortion did somethign to get he wrords out millions woul start thinking abotu what they belive and what they stand for. I know tha tfrom now on my family is giving more money to the pro life place. I think everyone should consider doing something even if it isnt money just spend some time everyday praying about it. I know that i am not able to give money but i am spending more time praying and getting the word out.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

DrummerChick wrote:anyways i feel like people need to get out that and stand up for what they know is right. just think if everyone who was against abortion did somethign to get he wrords out millions woul start thinking abotu what they belive and what they stand for.
Not to sound overly cynical, but those who are for abortion usually know why and rather firm in that belief. So if you want to start talking to everybody and getting everybody to think about it, it may have an adverse effect.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Perron wrote:I can assure you we're not double accounts, KODY.
DrummerChick wrote:I am not a double account
Please read my small print. Reading small print on this forum is not that difficult. I was making a joke! I was not attempting to belittle you, harm either of your reputations, or intimidate you. I was trying to relieve some of the stress here.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

Haha, it's okay, KODY. :sun:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I thought this satirical news video was quite funny. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Ok, so as I was updating myself to what you all have posted in the last few days, there were some things that I really wanted to say in response. I actually already posted them in another thread, but as these are all quickly becoming about similar issues... :anxious:

Here is what I said:
Ok, to all you anti-Obama people:

Do you doubt God? God says to respect our authorities (I don't see a lot of that going on here). He also says that he is in control. If Obama were to be the worst president in history, the antichrist, and the dude that will get America wiped off the map (I'm not saying that I think he will do any of them) then it would be God's plan.

"What?!?!" I'm sure that you are thinking. "Why would God want all that to happen to us?" Exactly! God works all things according to good for those who love him... (look up Romans 8:28-29). Obama is obviously God's will, not necessarily God's best; God's best was already here, but we didn't listen to him, but God's will.

Now, why don't we stop talking "fire and brimstone are surely going to fall on us" and start talkin' about what WE can do to make this country a better place. No, I do not mean something anti-Democrat or any such thing. Do something that will count for eternity!

Abortion is a big thing, I know that. But if you think about it real hard *pauses while you all think* If abortion were to be outlawed tonight, would it stop? No. It wouldn't. People performed abortions long before they were accepted, and they were still wrong. Guys, The Heart of the Problem is the Problem of the Heart. If you are going to go protest at some clinic, pray for heart changin' at the same time.

Remember, God's got the whole world in his hands, and he is not going to let it slip away.
Much of what I said has already been addressed.... but please don't get on my case if I'm being redundant.

~Hannah
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

KODY 105 wrote:
Perron wrote:I can assure you we're not double accounts, KODY.
DrummerChick wrote:I am not a double account
Please read my small print. Reading small print on this forum is not that difficult. I was making a joke! I was not attempting to belittle you, harm either of your reputations, or intimidate you. I was trying to relieve some of the stress here.
I know you werent and i was just playing along.
Jonathan I know just i have seen people that believed it was right nad i tlaked to them about it an dnow they are pro life all the way.
I have a question for JED. What are your views on a botion. I am not trying to put you on the spot i was just wondering.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

DrummerChick wrote:Jonathan I know just i have seen people that believed it was right nad i tlaked to them about it an dnow they are pro life all the way.
Well, if it worked for you, then good :)
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

my views on a botion?

I think it is wrong and is tantamount to murder however I will not support outlawing it until there is rock hard, pure scientific proof that proves it wrong.

The reason why I say that is because not everybody believes in the Bible but everybody can and have to believe in Science. I refuse to impose my religous beliefs on others.

Also I think it is important to PREVENT teen pregancies and things like that instead of trying to outlaw a botion.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JED wrote:my views on a botion?

I think it is wrong and is tantamount to murder however I will not support outlawing it until there is rock hard, pure scientific proof that proves it wrong.

The reason why I say that is because not everybody believes in the Bible but everybody can and have to believe in Science. I refuse to impose my religous beliefs on others.
That last sentence is curious--since when is outlawing murder purely a religious conviction?
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Well in my expereince it has. We actually agree with the issue on Abortion I just don't think it should be outlawed as of yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

In all honesty and fairness I think the best thing for the nation to do would be for Obama to cede the Presidency to me.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

The Top Crusader wrote:In all honesty and fairness I think the best thing for the nation to do would be for Obama to cede the Presidency to me.
I agree! \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

JED wrote:Well in my expereince it has.
So for you, criminalizing murder is based on your religious belief. But you just said that you don't force your religious views on others. So you propose doing away with laws against murder?
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

To put it simply: no
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Not to mention, Obama's abortion policy goes far beyond simply "not forcing a religious belief on the general public" to espouse federal funding of abortion (which will have the effect of making it more widely available and affordable to obtain). Now, if my tax dollars are being used to fund this, wouldn't the more accurate question be why Obama is forcing a particular and controversial ideology on me (the taxpayer)?

My point is that Obama's abortion policy is not merely a passive one but an active one in direct contradiction to a wide variety of ethical principles (Christian or not). Anyone who attempts to believe otherwise would be forced to engage in no small amount of self-delusion.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

JED wrote:To put it simply: no
Such a short response? I highly suspect that Dr. Watson would desire more of a response to such a question that he posed. ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:Not to mention, Obama's abortion policy goes far beyond simply "not forcing a religious belief on the general public" to espouse federal funding of abortion (which will have the effect of making it more widely available and affordable to obtain). Now, if my tax dollars are being used to fund this, wouldn't the more accurate question be why Obama is forcing a particular and controversial ideology on me (the taxpayer)?

My point is that Obama's abortion policy is not merely a passive one but an active one in direct contradiction to a wide variety of ethical principles (Christian or not). Anyone who attempts to believe otherwise would be forced to engage in no small amount of self-delusion.
You don't get to directly decide where your tax money goes. Millions of Americans opposed the war in Iraq. However, their tax dollars have funded it for 7 years now... Jehovah's witnesses pay tax, regardless of the fact that the government has programs for uninsured minor children which sometimes pay for blood transfusions... Thousands of Americans oppose the death penalty but their tax dollars still can go towards executions...

Point is, once the IRS collects tax, it isn't your money anymore. You cannot say "I have a moral (or practical) opposition to spending it here." Though you can support politicians who agree with your moral or practical stance. But abortion is a legal, health related procedure (early abortion is documented as safer than carrying to term) and it would make sense that insofar as the government does help with some medical bills (medicare, insurance for uninsured minors, etc) they would reimburse some abortions. Nothing earth shattering to see here, moving right along.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Jonathan wrote:
JED wrote:my views on a botion?

That last sentence is curious--since when is outlawing murder purely a religious conviction?
Dr. Watson wrote:So for you, criminalizing murder is based on your religious belief. But you just said that you don't force your religious views on others. So you propose doing away with laws against murder?
The thing about that is that I would venture a guess that those who would not believe in the Bible would not necessarily see abortion as murder. While is is obvious that taking life from a living, breathing human being against their will is murder, the line is not clear as to the beginning of life. A Christian will say that life begins upon conception, while someone that may not believe in God or a god may say that "life" is when the fetus is viable outside the body. This differing of opinion is where the divide lies between the pro-choice and pro-life camps.

And that was totally off the original topic, but on the current one? :anxious:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon