OBAMA WINS BY A LANDSLIDE

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
JED
Love to love

OBAMA WINS BY A LANDSLIDE

Post by JED »

This is WONDERFUL The first African-American president a democrat who can really bring change to our Country. I honestly am crying right now I think that he will bring change to America for the better!!!!

\:D/ :D :cheerleader: :party: :blow: :sun:

YEAH

We did it! Thank you American people!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JED wrote:This is WONDERFUL The first African-American
Skin color is completely irrelevant. Those who say otherwise are the real racists.
president a democrat who can really bring change to our Country. I honestly am crying right now I think that he will bring change to America for the better!!!!

\:D/ :D :cheerleader: :party: :blow: :sun:

YEAH

We did it! Thank you American people!
Nothing more than rhetoric.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Wow you have to ruin everything! :x

Skin color is an amazign thing. Only 40 years ago alot of us haven't gotten our full rights. People who still expereinced racism have lived to see an African-American president. That is not racism that is just noting a fact.

Your just trying to put the flame out. Just sit there and realize for a second that we won.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm talking with my sister.. and she is like soo happy. She saw it happen.. Cali... Virginia.. WASHINGTON! OREGON! That's who put Obama to winning..

I KNEW IT! Ha!!!!!! YES! Next President of US, will you PLEASE stand up?

I'm sure Ricky is pleased right about now! YES!!!!!!!!!

Yeah JED! (we are both Adventist, and we both wanted Obama... and he won... and I'm totally on top of the world right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

YES!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JED wrote:Your just trying to put the flame out.
Considering that I don't think highly of your political views, that's a statement I can live with ;)

And no, skin color is not an amazing thing, it's just skin color. Segregation doesn't exist anymore, and as long as people--usually democrats--continue to emphasize skin color as though it's something important there will continue to be racism.

That being said, yes, he's the first black President and yes, that is historically significant. But practically, no, it's not.

edit--DAM, you forgot Ohio ;)
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

This just shows how great America is. He won by a landslide people! That's just terrific he influenced so many people.

Just look at American History. We went through slavery racism and the whole lot and we have pulled through that and elected a black man as President. That shows how truly great America is.

G'night all I am logging off now so I can celebrate!

(I will probably come back on in 5 minutes though :anxious: PROBABLY!)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JED wrote:This just shows how great America is. He won by a landslide people! That's just terrific he influenced so many people.
Landslide? Ha ha, look at the numbers JED. As the numbers currently stand he's got about 2 million over McCain. That's not a whole lot all things considered.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

You won. Congratalations.
skin color does change a lot of things although it really doesn't change to much.
now we will see if he will be a good president or a bad one. We really don't know (although) we can assume. We will find out. (and yes, I would have said the same thing if McCain won)
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

First of all, Obama has not won just yet.

My dad says that Obama "played the race card." Obama has set race relations in this country back 40 years.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I wouldn't call it a landslide, as it was fairly even up until the higher electoral states voted Obama.
In any event, I am glad to see a new president in the office, and hope that he does a well job.

The idea of skin color, is not irrelevant in this case. As racism can mark the judgment of the two, the point is that this is the first time in history that an African American has lead the United States. As this may or may not be a racist arrangement, it still marks a wonderful new milestone in the list of U.S presidents. Skin color here, clearly applies, as we have not had an African American president before.
However, is it something that has to do with politics? Not particularly. Barack Obama can do just as good of a job as John McCain as I am concerned :).
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I didn't really care about who would win...but something strange is going on. I just feel this sick feeling all over me, my heart is beating real fast and I think I'm getting a fever...weird...
I don't know about this...but I just read 'This Present Darkness' by Frank Peretti, and I'm picturing demons rejoicing now, maybe that why I feel so awful and oppressed. I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, but something isn't right.
The good ol' ToO.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Landslide in ELECTORAL votes... that is what counts, actually, to become president. In all reality.

297 for Obama

139 for McCain.. yeah, that is a landslide IN Electoral votes.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Azariah Ben Yaakov wrote:The idea of skin color, is not irrelevant in this case. As racism can mark the judgment of the two, the point is that this is the first time in history that an African American has lead the United States. As this may or may not be a racist arrangement, it still marks a wonderful new milestone in the list of U.S presidents. Skin color here, clearly applies, as we have not had an African American president before.
However, is it something that has to do with politics? Not particularly.
That's what I was trying to say :) Historically, significant. As a matter of practicality or job performance as President, insignificant.
Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I must comment, this is one of the worst and darkest days in the history of the United States of America.

God have mercy on our wicked nation.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

KODY 105 wrote:First of all, Obama has not won just yet.

My dad says that Obama "played the race card." Obama has set race relations in this country back 40 years.
Yes Obama has won you are just denying it he has left McCain in the dust.

Also I don't feel like quoting everybody but COME ON. Demons are not rejocing Obama is not evil or anything like that at all. That's just being rude and inappropriate. Obama did not play the race card K1. It's alot more than that if he played the race card than he would not have won because American people are not as shallow as that.

You guys are denying it it WAS a landslide. I really don't feel like going into any statistics right now...
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

The actual voting percentage is closer to 51% over 48% ;), as of right now that is.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

American Eagle wrote:I must comment, this is one of the worst and darkest days in the history of the United States of America.

How so? That's just pure pessimism because your a conservative who can't stand letting a Liberal into office! :x

This is just poppycock and makes no sense at all saying this is "one of the worst and darkest days in history of the USA" I find that quite irritating.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Azariah Ben Yaakov wrote:However, is it something that has to do with politics? Not particularly. Barack Obama can do just as good of a job as John McCain as I am concerned :).
Obama has said he will sit down and talk with certain anti-US leaders of other countries. May I refer you to the history of England in the late 1930s? Neville Chamberlain's attempt to "negotiate." Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

JED wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I must comment, this is one of the worst and darkest days in the history of the United States of America.

How so? That's just pure pessimism because your a conservative who can't stand letting a Liberal into office! :x

This is just poppycock and makes no sense at all saying this is "one of the worst and darkest days in history of the USA" I find that quite irritating.
You are so naive, my friend. It is much, much, much bigger than just liberal vs. conservative.

God will end this right, he always will.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

(SOmehow I knew this would happen)

http://www.cnn.com

Read it... I'm still reading it, and it has says Obama has won..