Connie Kendall Art Contest & Logo Design Contest

OPEN NOW

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.

How Many Reading this Plan to Enter?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:32 am

For #1 - Artwork
11%
For #2 - Logos
33%
Both
No votes
Neither, I can't draw :-(
56%

Total votes: 9

OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Connie Kendall Art Contest & Logo Design Contest

Post by OdysseyFan »

-----------------------Win up to $700-----------------------

This is Pretty Straightforward, I'm just looking for some new creativity to bring to the Katie Leigh Fan Club.

Design 1, Fan Art: Draw Pictures of Connie

Design 2, Logo Art: Design a Logo for the KLFC

for Design 1, all originals only, any "Tracing" or suspected digital creations will be disqualified. SCANS must be Monochromatic, Mail-in Entries can be Polychromatic or Partially digitally rendered (ie: painting over a digital sketch) send SCANS as JPG or PDF formats

For Design 2, any previously released AIO Character Artwork can be used to develop a new LOGO/design for the KLFC. OR actual pictures of Katie Leigh CAN be used, but remember that most of the pictures posted on the KLFC are copyrighted and cannot be used for any other purpose, so you might want to ask if you plan to use any specific pic, and I'll let you know about (c)
Any Program can be used, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Even Windows Paint. but the OUTPUT needs to be either JPEG, GIF or PNG file format

Design #1 - $50 entry/per image - $500 Award (+Prestige/recognition on the KLFC)

Design #2 - $25 entry/per logo - $350 Award Pot ($200 for 1st/ $100 for 2nd/ $50 for 3rd )
+Design change to the KLFC for at least one year. Other Designs may be displayed as well.

Artworks(#1) remain the itellectual Property of the Artist.
Logos (#2) become the property of the KLFC upon submission. by submitting you are agreeing that the KLFC can use the logo exclusively.

You can submit as many designs/variations as you want (entry fee must be included for each)

I will be doing the judging, but finalists will be sent to Katie Leigh For Comments, which will factor into the scores. So Katie WILL personally see your entry!

Submissions can be sent NOW - Ending July 31st.
Deadline is Midnight-ish, but if you get your submission into my inbox before I go to bed, you'll be ok. (that could be midnight it could be 5:00am, you never know, so go for early)

Send Submissions Via e-mail to me at [email protected]
Use your TOO username in the subject.

If you need to snail-mail contact me for details.
Last edited by OdysseyFan on Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

I think I may enter drawing a pic of connie
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I am not good at drawing, but I am interested in the LOGO design part. Hmm....
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

^ditto that
...I hate marquees.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

BTW a lot of these contests aren't giving enough Notice (I think) so I will probably set a Deadline for like July 31st, that should give y'all at least a month to do your work. any of y'all have any comments on those Fees/Reward amounts?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I have a rough of something ready.....the logo thing can be made in a photo editing program right?
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

yeah, photoshop, picture it, Quark, Definately thinking of a July 1st Start Date, I think I will go with those ammounts unless I hear different.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Odysseyfan to you have a size preference/size limit on the logo?
...I hate marquees.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

Nope No Size Ideas, but it should be scaleable, IE: don't make the logo 700x200 with 8pt fonts
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Heh yeah I don't think I'll do that.
...I hate marquees.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

So are our drawings supposed to more or less be in the same model as the official illustrations, or if we want can we do a total redesign? :-k
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

No, your Drawings must be original, I assure you I have every published pose of Connie Ever, and an resemblance to those would be considered a "Duplication" not an original drawing and will be disqualified. using Connie in her standard sweater and jeans is ok, but have her doing some other activity beside dishing out milkshakes or do a different outfit in an appropriate setting(keep it modest, I guarantee we won't pick any swimsuit pictures)

Also, as Mentioned the LOGOs can show Katie, not just Connie.

hey, just heard from Katie today if at all possible she will be in on the judging, so keep that in mind! Depending on her schedule we could Announce the Winners in the first 2 weeks of August. because of MY schedule we WILL have to announce winners before August 27th! so September will be our Target for the New Design and Fan-Created-Logo on the KLFC.

So Far no Early-Bird Entries...

hey mod I hate to post just to "up" this thread but isn't there a way y'all can help me with this one? or just sticky ALL active contests? or make a rule that says the sub-titles have to show the contest status?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

EK believes he was the first person to enter....YAY
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

oh yeah just want to say one thing early on in the contest, multiple submissions CAN increase your chance of winning, if, for example EK is the ONLY person to submit 4 peices, he would win the $700 by default, but if say, Jessicado submits 1 logo, she has a 50% chance of winning a prize (not a 25% chance) also if we get 3 submissions from 3 different peple, they will all (by default) win a prize, however as mentioned there are 1st/2nd&3rd place prizes. this might sounduconfusing, I just want to encourage people to enter, as yor artwork WILL be considered by an impartial panel of judges (who are clueless about the ToO, but not AIO, so there will be no possible bias because of your name.

also aside from a cursory glance I will not "Study" entries all month, so late-submitters will get just as much consideration as Early Entries.
and as I mentioned Judges and Katie will not see final art until the end, and will have no idea who sent what.

Now, my Descision RE: Logo Designs (#2) WILL NOT be based on the amount of change I may have to make to the KLFC to fit said Logo, I WILL consider ALL designs, the Website will be changed, this is for you, the Fans.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

Due to the Overwhelming response, We are going to extend the contest for an addtional Month To August 31st. So Keep drawing!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

.....>.> whatever happened to this.....did I win?
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

OdysseyFan wrote:Due to the Overwhelming response, We are going to extend the contest for an addtional Month To August 31st. So Keep drawing!
Help any, EK? ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

AIOFan11 wrote:
OdysseyFan wrote:Due to the Overwhelming response, We are going to extend the contest for an addtional Month To August 31st. So Keep drawing!
Help any, EK? ;)
Well to bad its october 16th now.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:
Help any, EK? ;)
Well to bad its october 16th now.
Or in other words...no.

-Jonathan