Mock Trial

<anyone ever done it>

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Mock Trial

Post by Epic »

Has anyone ever done mock trial before?

Or maybe you know someone that has done it. Was it hard? Fun?

I just went to the informationaly meeting at my school today and try outs are in two weeks and I want to do it! :D
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

we did a mock trial in my 11th grade english class on Ceasar... it was semi fun and semi not... one of the guys in my class ended up wearing a bright red suit and rapping... that made it interesting
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

I find them to be pretty entertaining
KristopherWindsor
Not as new

Post by KristopherWindsor »

Here ye, here ye!
The court will now come to order.
Prosecutor KristopherWindsor of case #76607 has brought epic123 to the stand to stand trial for mocking the judicial system...
:p
Last edited by KristopherWindsor on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I did participate in a few in high school, one in college and then about 500 subsequently in law school and (hopefully) I shall be participating in one soon for real but thankfully not as a plaintiff or defendant.

Regardless, they are a good opportunity if you enjoy public speaking or the opportunity to argue a case or play the part of witness.
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

My only experience with mock trials has been in the realm of constitutional law, so, thankfully, no mock witnesses were involved.

Hope: you may have debated something related to the Shakespearean play, but I doubt your class held a mock trial on it, especially given your description of the event.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

We had to in my World War II History class in college... it was fun, but we were assigned a topic by our professor and put into groups, but then the individual groups had to split in two for each side to have their case... so in our group we had 4 people who favored the atomic bomb usage on Japan, and 2 weirdo liberal hippies who were against it... but I had to be on the liberal hippie team and defend their evil views! :x The sad thing was I ended up doing all the work and presenting our case... one of the people did nothing, and the other one tried to "Pull on the heartstrings" of the jury without using any facts or research. \:D/

We lost the case... which is fine because I didn't believe in our side's view anyway. But I got a good grade and my two partners didn't. \:D/
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I've done it twice. One time I was a witness. The other time I was the defense attorney. It was quite fun. I kept objecting what the prosecutor was asking. He was annoyed, but every one of my objections were sustained. Bwhahaha! \:D/
Love is stronger than death.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Yeah ours is pretty serious. We compete with other schools around our state and there's Regionals, States and something I can't remember!
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Yes I have. I have actually done real court cases for the city I live in. I worked as an attorney.

The other was for school I LOVED IT.