ipod?

Nano, or touch?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

ipod?

Post by Candy »

Ok, I just lost my nano, and I was wondering, should I get a nano, or a touch?
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

How much can you afford to spend? ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Get a Zune it's better :demonstration:
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I can afford about 60. But, If you look on eBay, You can get touches, and nanos for under $20.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Touches are cool, but if you're going to have internet connected to it: Man, the radiation waves coming from it is CRAZY!
Just go with a nano ;)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I can guarantee you won't be getting a Touch or new Nano for $60 ;)

The auctions may start out at $20, but they get upwards of $200 \:D/

If you can only spend $60, you will probably only be able to find a 2nd Gen nano on eBay for that.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I wish I could've shopped on eBay when I was thirteen. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I wish I could afford an ipod to lose to begin with. :(
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I only want a 2nd Gen. I do not under any circumstances want to get a 3rd gen.
Image Image
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Candy wrote:I can afford about 60. But, If you look on eBay, You can get touches, and nanos for under $20.
LOL
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

The new nanos are awesome! Besides the fact that they come in an amazing array of colors, they have really cool new features. And they're just plain cute. They make the touch look boring. I might want to get one, except I have far too much music, so I'll have to stick with my (comparatively) clunky video iPod. l
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

*cough*

*blink*

Did you just call the Touch boring?!? :o

It's far from boring. It's like a mini computer. *nods*
xiao

Post by xiao »

The touch is FAR from boring but I do like the new nanos.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Fei wrote:*cough*

*blink*

Ok, ok. All iPods are cool and not boring in the least. But I've always kind of thought that iPods are good for playing music. If you want a mini computer, get one. If you want a cell phone, get one. If you want an mp3 player, get one. But having all that extra stuff makes the capacity so much smaller, and you're paying twice as much for a device that holds the same amount of music.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
xiao

Post by xiao »

Jugglah wrote:
Fei wrote:*cough*

*blink*

Ok, ok. All iPods are cool and not boring in the least. But I've always kind of thought that iPods are good for playing music. If you want a mini computer, get one. If you want a cell phone, get one. If you want an mp3 player, get one. But having all that extra stuff makes the capacity so much smaller, and you're paying twice as much for a device that holds the same amount of music.
Yeah, but with the touch, you can play movies and games, buy music, watch youtube videos and download all sorts of awesome applications on the go.

Which is awesome.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

xiao wrote: Yeah, but with the touch, you can play movies and games, buy music,
Which is awesome.
You can do the same with a zune, plus when a new zune comes out with a new feature you can get the update for free.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Touches annoy me to death!!! :x
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
xiao

Post by xiao »

JD wrote:
Which is awesome.
You can do the same with a zune, plus when a new zune comes out with a new feature you can get the update for free.
Zunes are massive fail, you can't do the same with a zune at all, there is no internet or youtube videos, no user-created applications, no touch screen or tilt sensor, nothing cool basically
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jellyfish11 wrote:Touches annoy me to death!!! :x
I tried a Touch in my local Apple Store and could not get it to go anywhere on the Web. I don't know if it was me or the store's internet connection. I have not had any interest since. I would buy one if I could be sure it would go where I wanted to go on the Web.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

xiao wrote:
JD wrote:
Which is awesome.
Zunes are massive fail, you can't do the same with a zune at all, there is no internet or youtube videos, no user-created applications, no touch screen or tilt sensor, nothing cool basically
Well all of that stuff I don't want.