AiO Episodes, ToO style

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

AiO Episodes, ToO style

Post by StupendousMan »

Ok, I've been cooking this up for quite some time, and this might take a little reading, but bear with me.

I've had it on my mind for some time now to do a fan created episode of AiO with talent from the community. That's where you guys come in. I have a nice story outline, and kind of what needs to be done. I'll need voice actors (you'll probably need skype for recording), a writer or two to help me flesh out an actual script, and a sound editor who is better than me (which isn't that hard.)

The series (if it ends up being a series or just a single) is gonna be called Adventures in Odyssey: Side Stories. As you may guess from the title, this won't have anything to do with the main characters (mostly because none of us could do their voices) but kids and other adults around Odyssey.

My first episode will start off in Whits End. We've done a slightly modified Odyssey theme with someone else talking and a slightly modified intro script. We have three kids going to ride on the imagination station, Ryan, Kyle, and Emily. They will be going back and experiencing the story of David and Goliath, though they don't know that right away because no one was around to help them when they started up the imagination station.

They'll relive the story, meeting David, going to the camp, meeting Saul, and seeing David beat down Goliath. Besides the kids, characters needing voice actors will include David, King Saul, Goliath, David's Dad, and maybe one or two of his brothers.

Sound effects will be custom, free internet ones, and ones taken from AiO.

If anyone is interested in helping with this please let me know as I'd like to start getting a script fleshed out asap. Recordings would probably take place on Fridays or Saturdays so school isn't in the way and whoever was doing the recording/editing would have to be on skype to record dialog each time.

Also, I've uploaded a little clip just to kinda give you an idea of what we could do, I know it's terrible, but you can get the idea http://www.blackknightprod.com/tbk/sampleAiO.mp3 (right click and save as to download.)

I'm also interested in any other story ideas for other episode since I know this one is very heavy on male talent :) Mystery side stories are good, Action News is good, or any other format you might think of.
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Sound's great!Even though I fiddle around with audio editing and script writing,I don't have Skype! :mad:I wish I could.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I'd love to be involved! I would love to help with the writing, and I might be able to help with voice acting, but that depends. But definately writing, I love to write and edit things and I'm great at grammar and all of that! :D

For voice acting, I have a built-in mic, (which might not be good enough, but I don't know.) and I think I have a Skype account, but I don't know much about it, so I would definately need help.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I'll be willing to help you out in the idea category.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I wouldn't mind acting \:D/ As far as script writing, even if school wasn't in the way I probably wouldn't be the best choice, and as for audio editing, I don't know what I'm doing.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Hey I am interested! I think my Mom has skype and I am pretty good at writing and a little at voice acting. But I seriously doubt my Mom would approve of me planning somethign with strangers on the internet but I might be able to get her into it. :anxious:
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Thanks for the feedback guys, I want to wait another day or two and see who else is interested then see if we can get started writing something before we line up the voice talent. And if need be if enough people can't use skype, we can pre-record lines then splice everything together, that would just mean better acting from you :)
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Three things;

1. Ooh, ooh, pick me! Oh, I would love *super emphasis on love* to do it. I can't do audio work, but I'd love to do voice acting. I hate the way my voice sounds recorded, but I think I'm a pretty good actor and how could I pass up such an opportunity, if I were to act on one thing, it would definetly be an AIO spinoff like this. I could also help out with writing.

2. So, is it just going to be a big mass skype call? I don't know that much about skype, but by the way I have skype and a mic.

3. For a "side story" kind of series, I don't know that an imagination station epsiode would really work that well. It's just contructive criticism, I definetly still would love to help, but it just seems like it shouldn't use specific AIO episode formats like Imagination Station, B-TV, etc.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

What an excellent idea! I'd definitely be willing to help promote this on the Unofficial Podcast. \:D/

I'm sure you're well aware of all the technical difficulties that can arise when recording with Skype, but I just thought I'd mention a couple things. ;) I would highly recommend recording no more than two people at a time. If you have too many people in the conference call, you're going to lose audio quality. Of course, if you're aiming for high quality, the best thing would be for everyone to record their lines individually... without using Skype. Were you planning on directing the show, StupendousMan? My guess is you're going to need people do multiple takes in order for the show to sound natural and unrehearsed. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Or better yet, have everyone record themselves locally, but be using Skype all together at the same time so the actors can feed off one another. :P
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Haha, yes... or you could do that.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

That actually is a really good idea. Local recording will always give the best sound quality, then it can be broken up and put together. But it'd be nice if we could just do some read throughs all together. And yes I plan on directing it and playing at least one part :)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

you need more girl parts!!!! :protest:
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

If only I had skype... :( (Oh well...I guess I'm probably not that good at voice acting anyway....not that I've ever really tried I suppose....)

If I have time, I'd love to help with the script-writing though. :)
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Filly wrote:you need more girl parts!!!! :protest:
I know!!! Reread the story of David and see if you can find some girl parts :D
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Heh - the only women mentioned in the Bible related to David have very sordid stories...Bathsheba, Mical, and Tamar...hmm...maybe we can take artistic license? ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Oooh, I'd love to take part in this. \:D/ I have a microphone and Skype. So... I'm ready. :D
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Unfortunately I don't have the time or really much expertise in this, but it really is an excellent idea and I wish you all the best and will definitely listen to your finished product :thumbsup:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Sadly, I don't have any acting experience or technical expertise, but I could possibly give input/suggestions/edits to the script in any of its drafts :)
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Probably give it tell about Thursday or Friday to see if anyone else is interested then I'll PM all you would be writers and we'll see if we can come up with something :)