What were your favorite TV shows as a kid?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

What were your favorite TV shows as a kid?

Post by Jugglah »

Not to say that I wouldn't enjoy watching these even now, if they were aired anymore.

Wishbone - introduced me to classic literature in a super fun way, and it was cool how this show applied the lessons from those stories to modern situations. Plus, who can resist a show that stars a wise-cracking dog? Not me.

Arthur - This show got worse as time went on, but the old ones are fantastic. The humor was spot on, and not dumbed down like a lot of shows are today.

The Magic School Bus - I'm not really into science, but this show made basic scientific concepts so fun. And I especially love that all the characters have catchphrases. My favorite:
Phoebe: "At my old school, we never rode on bees."
Keisha: "Um, Phoebe, we are at your old school."
Phoebe: "Oh...right."

Perhaps I'll think of more later, but I'm sure those are the top 3. What were yours?
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

I also watched Wishbone and The Magic School Bus.

My favorite is Batman The Animated Series. I also liked the Spiderman and X-Men cartoons. Animaniacs was also good.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Hmm...

Blue's Clues was my favorite, but it's far from the best.

I also watched Franklin, Little Bear, PB&J Otter (the cutest old Playhouse Disney show!), Sesame Street, Arthur...that's about it.

Oh, and one I watched up until it was canceled about 3 years ago...Zoom. That show was awesome!

Oh, and Power Rangers: Wild Force....Ahh, the old Power Rangers!

<3<3<3
BBB
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

When I was young I watched Sesame Street and Mr. Dressup all the time - they were the best! \:D/ You really can't get any cooler than Dr. Dressup, really!
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

Oh!
when I was 5 and under-Barney,the big comfty couch
when I was 5-8 rugrats,little bear and Arthur(the old shows)
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

oh yes!!! The Big Comfy Couch!! me and my sister try to imitate that clock thing all the time. It's so hard!

Also, a BIG Blues Clues and Arthur fan!!! I heart Buster! And i can do that puh-paw-pow thing that Blue does exactly. And Magenta's puh-POW!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. \:D/
greencardigan wrote:Animaniacs was also good.
But only because Jess Harnell was in it. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Trent wrote:Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. \:D/
greencardigan wrote:Animaniacs was also good.
But only because Jess Harnell was in it. ;)
I was babysitting once, and the kids made me watch the "Big Clifford Movie" or something like that. Don't ask. Anyway, Jess Harnell was in it, but I didn't realize it until I was watching the credits.

The Big, Comfy Couch was one of my favorites! All the characters are so quirky. It's random nonsense, which naturally means that I loved every minute. The dust bunnies had me on the floor every time!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Inspector Gadget, Tom and Jerry and other similar cartoons, shows like Super Sloppy Double Dare, What Would You Do?, American Gladiators, and Wild and Crazy Kids, and then of course Little House on the Prairie and Andy Griffith. \:D/ I would enjoy all of those now...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Inspector Gadget, Tom and Jerry and other similar cartoons, shows like Super Sloppy Double Dare, What Would You Do?, American Gladiators, and Wild and Crazy Kids, and then of course Little House on the Prairie and Andy Griffith. \:D/ I would enjoy all of those now...
Ahh! I liked Little House too :)
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Sweetie wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Inspector Gadget, Tom and Jerry and other similar cartoons, shows like Super Sloppy Double Dare, What Would You Do?, American Gladiators, and Wild and Crazy Kids, and then of course Little House on the Prairie and Andy Griffith. \:D/ I would enjoy all of those now...
I always got a laugh out of the fact that all those 19th century pioneer characters had 70's hair. :D
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Wishbone
Mr. Rogers
Zoobaleezoo
Reading Rainbow
Arthur
The Big Cumfy Couch
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I watched Arthur... Sesame Street (A LOT!), Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, umm..... Magic School Bus (sometimes), Wishbone (my second favorite after Arthur).

I remember when I was in Kindy, and I could watch Arthur, and then get ready for school, meet my mom outside, walk down the driveway, and wait for the bus. I have a picture of me in the middle of the road with sandles on and just being weird waiting for the bus. I was always excited for the bus. Either I was the first one on, or um... I forget his name because it's been 10 years now, or he would be on the bus. Then we'd go pick up Emily and Alisha, I want to say Harvey.. but I cna't remember the other dudes name either... and Hannah too! That was about it... but, man... Kindy was sooo long ago..

Sometimes I still watch kiddy shows. But it's rare.

I watched CLiffored the Big Red Dog a lot... and then I learned the Earl Boen played Mr. Bleakman, and well.. that just SPARKED my interest in the show, even today... :anxious:

That would be about it...
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've watched many. Here are some: Arthur, Clifford, Reading Rainbow, Mister Rogers, Sesame Street, Fetch, Curious George, the old Zoom, Wishbone, Magic School Bus, and many, many more.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Jugglah wrote:
Sweetie wrote:
I always got a laugh out of the fact that all those 19th century pioneer characters had 70's hair. :D
I know...those boys' haircuts just SCREAM '70s. :lol:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Arthur
Zoom
Cyberchase (a bit more of a recent show..lol)
Reading Rainbow
Popular Mechanics (or Science I don't remember which) for Kids!
Mr. Rogers
Wishbone!
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Jugglah wrote:
Sweetie wrote:
I know...those boys' haircuts just SCREAM '70s. :lol:
Ha ha..yeah..:) My favorite guys were always Albert and Laura's dad..he always seemed like a awsome dad!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The Gospel Bill Show! \:D/

And Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Superbook, Flying House, Ducktales, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, and then in my older kid days Batman: The Animated Series and the X-men and Spider-man cartoon... I still like all the comic book stuff. ;)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I didn't watch TV shows as a kid. Unless you count TV Land when I visited my grandparents. Then my answer would be Adam-12, Leave it to Beaver, and the Andy Griffith Show.

And speaking of Earl Boen (though somewhat off-topic), I was shocked when I found out a year or two ago that he had been in a set of movies I've watched many times (Terminator).
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers. I don't think I watched a lot of television when I was a crumb cruncher, not at least as much as my little sister now does.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.