SPORE

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

KODY 105 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:
Mireille Bouquet wrote:wasn't there some form of anti-copyright-violation software that attached itself to one's computer after installing the game?
because if this is that game, eep.
*nods*
It's called Digital Rights Management. My dad was trying to explain it to me. It's worse than what you think. If I understood my dad correctly, the DRM attaches itself indelibly! One would have to take pains on the order of $1,000 or more to remove it with special processes only a few labs in the country have the money for.
heh, I wonder if my friend knows about that.....
Maybe you should tell him... but if he has already installed it, it's too late!
Oh, it's too late, which is why I was wondering if he knew about it ahead of time.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I wanted to get it sooooooo bad, but my parents wouldn't let me. :(
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

....they have issued a patch that removes the DRM, also....DRM isn't that hard to uninstall, it definitely doesn't cost 1,000s of dollars and require a special lab, you just need to know your way around a terminal.

By the way, I torrented the mac version just a bit ago and started playing it, i'm in creature stage now, it's very...intruiging...definitely more of a game than the sims, but still sort of a sim.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

ek wrote:....they have issued a patch that removes the DRM, also....DRM isn't that hard to uninstall, it definitely doesn't cost 1,000s of dollars and require a special lab, you just need to know your way around a terminal.

By the way, I torrented the mac version just a bit ago and started playing it, i'm in creature stage now, it's very...intruiging...definitely more of a game than the sims, but still sort of a sim.
'Tis made by the same dude who designed Sims.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Amethystic wrote:
ek wrote:....they have issued a patch that removes the DRM, also....DRM isn't that hard to uninstall, it definitely doesn't cost 1,000s of dollars and require a special lab, you just need to know your way around a terminal.

Yeah, that's why I compared it to the sims. ;)

What I meant by "still sort of a sim" I meant it's still sort of a Simulator. :P
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

ek wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

What I meant by "still sort of a sim" I meant it's still sort of a Simulator. :P
Was that supposed to be a joke? :-s
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Amethystic wrote:
ek wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

No, just abbreviating.

Then expounding on the prior abbreviation which took more time than making the original post. :( Bah.
Last edited by EK on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

ek wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
ek wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

No, Just abbreviating.
Good, cause that would have been a very lame joke...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I can see how it would be perceived as a lame joke, but no, it wasn't intended to be...
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

spore is awesome.
Oriolesmagic
Lurker

Post by Oriolesmagic »

I have it and I have to say I'm impressed. It's an addictive game!