Which browser and why

Pick your browser

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which browser are you using right now?

Internet Explorer
28%
Firefox
42%
Safari
7%
Opera
2%
Chrome
12%
Flock
7%
Webkit
2%

Total votes: 43

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Which browser and why

Post by KODY 105 »

Which internet browser are you all using? How well does the ToO work in other browsers? Do you use multiple tabs/windows to explore town, or do you just stick to one?

I'm a big Firefox fan. So much so, in fact, that I have Firefox Portable on my thumbdrive that I keep on my keychain. I have my browser in my pocket! (When I'm not here, of course!)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Firefox, definitely Firefox. I like it because it is easy to customize, it is fast, and it's reliable. So yeah, FireFox ftw! \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

All right, all you Firefox fans: how many addons are enabled right now? I've got 18! Does anyone have any more than that?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Currently Chrome, but I have used all of the above before. If I had a faster computer, I'd most likely use Flock. \:D/
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I use Flock right now, which is basically Firefox +even more awesomeness.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Firefox. And I have 9 add-ons. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I use Flock, it works well. I like it because it has good bookmarks and an easy layout. Plus changing browsers would take hours, so I'm keeping mine for now. Sometimes I use Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer, but only on occasion.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Firefox, 18 add-ons. :anxious:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Lexie wrote:Firefox, 18 add-ons. :anxious:
Wow! There is another Firefox geek like me out there. My dad laughs at me for having so many addons. I just like splashly colors and shortcut keys and sidebars and hidden features and (the best part:) blocked ads! Yes, folks, there is a FF addon that can block those ads!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:...and (the best part:) blocked ads!
Flock blocks all pop-ups also. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Explorer, because when it comes to computers, I'm an idiot.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

American Eagle wrote:
Firefox blocks pop-ups. However, pop-ups can be different than ads. When I said "blocked ads" I meant that the flashing, annoying (like Glen) videos on news sites and weather sites are blocked. To watch them (not advised!), you click it. So if you are bored to death and want to watch the ads you can.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Firefox blocks pop-ups. However, pop-ups can be different than ads. When I said "blocked ads" I meant that the flashing, annoying (like Glen) videos on news sites and weather sites are blocked. To watch them (not advised!), you click it. So if you are bored to death and want to watch the ads you can.
Flock does that also. You can allow whatever you want, just by telling it so.

Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Flock IS Firefox...with a few extra awesomeness things.

Flock is built on the FF platform or whatnot, they just added some sidebars and such for those of us who are into Social Networking and stuff.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

American Eagle wrote:
KODY 105 Cryin Brian Dern wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Flock does that also. You can allow whatever you want, just by telling it so.
Oooh... don't make me jealous. Are you saying that Flock doesn't need some extra addon to do that? Cool! =P~
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I'm not sure.. There's an adblock addon for flock, but I don't see it mentioned as a feature built into the browser..
...I hate marquees.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Oh. So my browser isn't inferior yet. Whew! I thought I was gonna have to upgrade again. *sighs with relief*
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Internet Explorer. I don't like Firefox, and the rest I've never used or heard of... so, yeah...
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I'm trying out Chrome and I think I like it better than Firefox...but I am pretty computer illiterate so anything fast and simple will do for me...
I still use Firefox occasionally.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

IE7 because I've never had the opportunity to try another.
Love is stronger than death.