The Circle Trilogy

by Ted Dekker

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Shadowfax

The Circle Trilogy

Post by Shadowfax »

Aha, a topic on this for us! So, tell us who's your favourite character, book, etc. \:D/
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Yey! \:D/ A place for the circle lovers!
Like I said previously, Johan, Justian and Johnis are my favorite.
Hey Shadow, do you have an account on TedDekker. com?
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

There is already a long topic about Dekker in general. ;) Not that a specific one about the Circle is a bad thing, I'm just saying, if you want to read up on what other people think of his work.

I liked the Circle Trilogy pretty well, some of his better work. I haven't read his last couple books but I wasn't really impressed by Showdown or Saint so I'm not in a real rush to. I have Skin though so I do intend to read it eventually.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

TC wrote:There is already a long topic about Dekker in general. ;) Not that a specific one about the Circle is a bad thing, I'm just saying, if you want to read up on what other people think of his work.
Yeah, I was going to go there (Nothing against you Shadow! But I wanted to check out General talk) The last time it was posted was April, and I wasn't sire if I should post on something that hasn't posted in months. Last time I posted on something old, Catspaw was onto me...............XD
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Catspaw is evil and must be defeated with the goodness that shines from our hearts and blinds her wicked eyes!!!!! :x
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

TC wrote:Catspaw is evil and must be defeated with the goodness that shines from our hearts and blinds her wicked eyes!!!!! :x

Okay. Lets go get 'er!!!!
*Hesitates, decides against such action, then goes to eat cake*
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm reading "Black" right now. I read it when English is and hour and a half long. It is good so far. I'm not totally pulled in, but enough to keep reading. Because of my warped brain, I like to flip, read the end, and go through the book... I did that with Red... since I actually own Black and Red.... I shouldn't have done that with Red, but, it actually keeps me going through Black to get to Red, cause I'm totally interested! I need White though... and I don't have the money at this time to buy it. Can't wait to own the whole series though.

THough, for Christmas, I want The Histories, or The Lost books, I guess they are called.. I could buy them from the Christian Supply in town if I wasn't intent on Chrissy Tomlin's new CD, my PSAT test, and my key for my Chemistry cabinet.... oh well... oh, and seeing TDK again with Delisa.... Yeah, I love money, but I spend it when I need to.... like I need to take the PSAT test, like sissy, and I gotta have that key... or I'm doomed to fail Chemistry without Courtney.

So, yeah, I love the circle books... the best!!!!! I'm so excited to keep reading! Yeah!!!!!!!!

Fav character: Thomas Hunter.. or um... well... his sister.. uh... well, the book is at school, so I cna't remember. She sure is just... strong-headed. Kara was it? Hmm... maybe... Monique bugs me A LOT. Man, the part I'm at.... I laugh at the foolishness of some of the chracters...

and I all ready see Ted Dekker's Christian side... it's evident VERY CLEARLY. THough others may not see, I can see! Hehe... I get the whole thing!

Amor, Danielle.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Red is my favorite. Just the fact that is is an analogy of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus makes it a powerful story. I love how Dekker is able to make you initially dislike Justin (as I'm sure people probably felt about Jesus when he was on earth), then when it's revealed who he really is, you're like "Woah! What? I had no idea!" along with the characters themselves. I like Black, too. White, not so much. I thought the princess, whatever her name was, Chelise or something, was too whiny. However, I'm probably just biased about there being anyone good enough for Thomas after Rachelle. As far as favorite character goes, um...Thomas? I mean, really. He's like the Jack Bauer of Christian fiction.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'm not sure. I think the Circle Trilogy is a whole that cannot really be seperated. I'm sorta working on reading it for the umpteenth time, because I REALLY need to reread Showdown and Saint (and maybe Skin) before I read Sinner. I read like half a page of Sinner before I realized that. Oh well. By the time I finish rereading all of those, Sinner should be at the library, so I won't have to go to Barnes and Noble and sit there and read it. :)

But yeah, the Circle Trilogy is one of my favorites to recommend. Such a beautiful allegory.

And everytime I read the part where Rachelle dies (highlight, spoiler), I cry...which is kind of unusual for me. I think I've read the books two or three times. I'm really not sure...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

My favourite characters are Thomas, Johnis, and Silvie. Darsal is too bold, and Bilos is kinda creepy :noway:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Arwen wrote:
And everytime I read the part where Rachelle dies (highlight, spoiler), I cry...which is kind of unusual for me. I think I've read the books two or three times. I'm really not sure...
Yeah, well, hope you know that because it's white, I can read it.. people who use LightSaber can read it.. people who use um... well.. most others can't read it. If you used black, everyone but the people who use LightSaber can read it... man, weird how that works.... maybe invisble should be included!

She what? Okay, staying out of this topic till I finish the Trilogy... I'm getting too many spoilers!
miko14
Photographer Extraordinaire
Photographer Extraordinaire

Post by miko14 »

What is the circle trilogy? Is it a book a movie or is it going to be a new group on odyssey? miko
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

*Smiles* I shall tell you.

Ted Dekker is a Christian Thrillar Arther for Adults and Young adults. The Circle trilogy is his most famous trilogy of books about a man (hunter) Who goes to this other world and tries to save hs world and people die.....its the best!.

In the nut shell, The Circle trilogy is a set of four books the we love.(Yes, four. Black, Red, White and soon to be, Green. Which is comming out like fall 2009. Its going to be quiet epic, Ted says that all the previous books about Thomas and Elyons world is just a prolouge for the masive story he is going to do \:D/ amazingness!)
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: Yeah, well, hope you know that because it's white, I can read it.. people who use LightSaber can read it.. people who use um... well.. most others can't read it. If you used black, everyone but the people who use LightSaber can read it... man, weird how that works.... maybe invisble should be included!

She what? Okay, staying out of this topic till I finish the Trilogy... I'm getting too many spoilers!
Did my best, hon. :) And don't worry, you'll love it...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Have you heard of the prequel of the Circle trilogy called Green? I just was reading a short paragraph about Ted Dekker writing it.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Jacob E. Doyle wrote:Have you heard of the prequel of the Circle trilogy called Green? I just was reading a short paragraph about Ted Dekker writing it.

Yeah, can't wait untill it comes out! It sounds awsome. The Circle Trilogy was the first Ted Dekker books I read, so I'm pretty into it.
A prequel? A prequel to what?
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

A prequel to the Circle trilogy they did not say what it was goign to be about. Has anyone read Blink or Obsessed? Those are pretty good too. Or Showdown but I heard that it wasn't that popular.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Ohhh okay :)

Yeah, I've read Obsessed, but not Blink (My brother wants to me though) AT the moment I'm in the middle of Blessed Child then I'll read the sequel, then Blink.

Showdown was my favorite!! I'm re-reading in for the third time....ah, Project Showdown.....The most awsome thing created in fiction History, and its offspring, Marsuvees Black
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

Showdown was AWESOME it is one of my favorites. I liked Blink but it is not my favorite.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Yeah! :highfive:
Have You read Sinner?