The Shack

Have you read it?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I read The Shack around Christmastime. It was a good piece of fiction and I enjoyed it for that fact (much like The DaVinci Code or any other fictitious take on Christian themes) but I didn't approach it in the same way I would a theology text. ;)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

No, I plan to read it. It must be a popular book because I have a thread on my website about it. click here
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I've seen so many mixed responces about it, I'll have to pick it up sometime... The author Bryan Davis hated it (but there's the fact I rarely agree with what he believes :- ), and my "sister's" mom loved it a lot, and her family/church believes nearly everything my own does. So, there you go. I would say about this book, don't judge til you read it. Now, just to read it for myself... =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein