What else can you do while reading?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

What else can you do while reading?

Post by Frank »

Uh...can any of you walk while reading? Or listen to music?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I can listen to music, eat, and converse simultaneously while reading.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I sometimes blink and breathe.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I can do all of those except for drive a car and that probably has something to do with the fact that I don't know how to drive. :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I can't really do too much... listen to music and the odd AIO episode, sometimes. It depends what I'm reading. :-k
Chandler wrote:I can do all of those except for drive a car and that probably has something to do with the fact that I don't know how to drive. :anxious:
You don't? :shock:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:I can do all of those except for drive a car and that probably has something to do with the fact that I don't know how to drive. :anxious:
Guess you missed it when I posted that before. :-
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Guess you missed it when I posted that before. :-
I guess I did.

I'm listening to AIO while reading the ToO. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

i normally listen to music when i read. a lot of times it really brings out the emotions and feelings in the book and make them more real..
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I can walk, listen to music, eat, and dry my hair while I read!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I can do nothing except read. I get so wrapped up in what I am reading that I tune everything and everyone out. I can't even listen to AIO when I am reading.
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

Laurie wrote:I can do nothing except read. I get so wrapped up in what I am reading that I tune everything and everyone out. I can't even listen to AIO when I am reading.
This is how I am as well. When I read, I can't concentrate on anything besides the story.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

You didn't have an "ALL OF THE ABOVE" option. I can do just about anything and everything while reading. Which I try to do...especially if it's a good story!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I can listen to music while readingm, though I usually don't. If it's fun reading than I'm involved with the story and don't like outside distractions, and if it's school reading, then I don't want to get sidetracked by singing along with Michael W. Smith, resulting in my eyes having seen the words, but my mind retaining absolutely nothing. Instrumental music is good! :D
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

This may be my one true skill: I can get dressed, brush my teeth, fix my hair, eat, drive, study (somewhat), post, surf, attend class....all while reading! Has to be good fiction though...
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I can listen to music, but that's about it. I've walked while reading before, but it's a little distracting and I can't soak in what I was reading very well.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dr. Watson wrote:I can listen to music, but that's about it. I've walked while reading before, but it's a little distracting and I can't soak in what I was reading very well.
Same here. I can't walk and read. As absorbed as I get in what I'm reading it may prove fatal.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

I can walk, talk to people, listen to AIO or music, get hit by cars (while jay-walking), eat, drink, and dance.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I can eat, walk (I think), breath, and read.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I was walking down the alley behind our house on my way to the bus stop and a HUGE Rottwieler JUMPED out at me and started snarling. That was the freakiest thing ever. It was doublely scary because I hadn't seen it until it was RIGHT in front of me because I was reading. I held my book out in front of me and said, "NO!" and it went back into it's yard. That was terrifiying!

Did I stop reading and walking? No, I just don't go down that alley. #-o
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I can just read. I tryed waching TV while reading but it just didn't work. :-k
Image [img]