Twilight

and the other books of the series...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Do you want to read it?

I've already read it.
28%
Yeah
11%
Kinda sorta
8%
No
44%
I'm not aloud
3%
Maybe in the future
6%

Total votes: 36

Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Twilight

Post by Epic »

What do you think about the Twilight book series by Stephenie Meyer.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight.html

There also is a movie coming out based on the books on December 12th 2008.

It's a big hit at my school right now. My parents aren't sure they want me to read it or not. So my dad is reading it to see anything bad is in it.

It's a love story between a girl and vampire. My parents don't like the whole vampire evil thing.
Tehswift
Pilgrim

Post by Tehswift »

Twilight has invaded every part of my social life... except here. Now it has. I haven't read the book, maybe I wouldn't be so mad at it if I have read it. But I swear, I am getting sick of hearing about it.
Pretty_Pink
Not as new

Post by Pretty_Pink »

I LOVE Twilght
I just finished the 3rd book it was AMAZING
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Well, I keep hearing about it everywhere, so I figured I might as well see what it's all about. I'm over half way through the first book, and it's actually pretty good. But I've heard that the next books get more violent, so we'll see.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Arwen wrote:Well, I keep hearing about it everywhere, so I figured I might as well see what it's all about. I'm over half way through the first book, and it's actually pretty good. But I've heard that the next books get more violent, so we'll see.
I'm glad I stopped at Chapter 17 of Twilight if the books get more violent. I tried to read the whole book but I could not, only because human/vampire romance is not something that I normally read or really enjoy. I'm not a violence fan when it comes to fiction.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Well, Twilight was fine, and I'm into New Moon now and it's fine so far.

Haven't found anything to complain about yet.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

My dad thought the book was hard to get through. He couldn't belive it was a best seller. He said is was borng but I still want to read it.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

Well, it is primarily a romance and your dad is a guy.....although that hasn't stopped the hordes of boys at my school from reading it and loving it. :
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

My sister read it and said that it was glorified fan fiction.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I'm on the last book, and it's great...but not for younger readers. Just some stuff that's alluded to and some violence that's all too well described that makes it not the book of choice for younger teens.

And Bella is never the best role model, so don't read it looking for that...:)
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Well I've finally read it.

I thought it was pretty good at first. But kinda slow and too much dialogue that was drown out.

It really didn't get the least bit intense until chapter 18.

But I don't see what you guys are all saying there really wasn't that much violence. :-k
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

There is later. Wait until you get to the fourth book.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I must set forth my general dislike of the books.

But, that's all! \:D/
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I have read three of them. I like them in the same way I would ashamedly admit that I like watching romantic comedies. There's a certain guilty reading pleasure since they're so simplistically written. I think there are certain intruiging parts to the story, such as the whole concept of a vampire having a soul or somehow redeeming themselves through future "good acts."

Finally, I was impressed with the author's (seemingly) strong convictions towards marriage and how she framed the main character Edward as being old fashioned in his morals without making them seem irrelivant or antiquated.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Yeah...but then she has Bella be the antithesis of all that...unfortunately.

Read the fourth book! I'm so sad that I've finished them all...
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

So yeah. I have heard SO much about these. I have never read them, as I'm not really into the whole...vampire/human romance thing. [give me good ole Mr. Darcy any day]

So yeah. I may read them sometime in the future, just for the heck of it. But as of now, I have more productive literature on my list.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Arwen wrote:Yeah...but then she has Bella be the antithesis of all that...unfortunately.

Read the fourth book! I'm so sad that I've finished them all...
I was disappointed to see that happen. I wish Bella could have been a bit more...controlled. She seems a bit emotional and immature at times for an 18 (19?) year old. Granted, its fiction, but nevertheless...

Anyhow, I read them for the same reason that I read the "Harry Potter" series - curiosity. I'm debating reading the fourth book. ;)
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I was so hooked after the first one. I read for the same reason you did...:)

And I'll probably read the Harry Potter books someday, simply because I wouldn't want to ban my (future) kids from reading it without being able to combat the argument: "You've never read them, how would you know?"
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I read part of the first book at my sister's recommendation. It was easy to read, but I definitely wasn't hooked, and stopped reading when I returned to school. I will probably finish it at some point, but it isn't a priority.
miko14
Photographer Extraordinaire
Photographer Extraordinaire

Post by miko14 »

No, I have not and I don't think that I realy what to but a lot of peolpe say that it is a good book but I still don't think that I will read it. Miko