Twilight

and the other books of the series...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Do you want to read it?

I've already read it.
28%
Yeah
11%
Kinda sorta
8%
No
44%
I'm not aloud
3%
Maybe in the future
6%

Total votes: 36

Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Is the book your sister is has:
The Host: A Novel?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Ah, that would be it.. yeah.. I totally was forgetting.. even though I could picture the book on my sister's shelf at home.. I still couldn't remember the name.

Thanks... I may not read that one.. balh... Who knows.. I'm still struggling through Twilight series... and I have soo many other books to read...
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Yeah I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and I sat The Host.

I read the back of it and it looked kind of confusing and strange!!! ](*,)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I just finished listening to Twilight, and I've started New Moon. Hmm...I'm not entirely sure what I think of them so far..but...I am intrigued. :P
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I didn't like New Moon! I liked Eclipse and Breaking Dawn the best!

New Moon is the boringsest! (is that a word) \:D/
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

^^ its most boring haha
and ughh please dont tell me that...im like a hundred pages into new moon right now..

i like it so far...but i loveeedd Twilight so i have a hard time anticipating boredom free NM ;)
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

FrayedAroundTheEdges wrote:^^ its most boring haha
and ughh please dont tell me that...im like a hundred pages into new moon right now..

i like it so far...but i loveeedd Twilight so i have a hard time anticipating boredom free NM ;)
Well, 100 pages into the book it was boring... depends on how you look at it. You might see how it is or isn't boring come Eclipse or Breaking Dawn. I can't say that for myself because I'm only less than a 100 pages into Eclipse, but, well, it sets everything up for Breaking Dawn, so, it can or can't be boring... I wanted to write the author a nasty letter, telling her that she was bugging the hooey out of me with her writing, and what she wrote... seriously, it just irked me how the book went.

Just keep reading..
I've kinda put a hold on Eclipse.. just because. I only needed Twilight for the movie, so I'm totally ahead of the game right now.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Well, I finished the first book and I wonder if I should get the second. The plot is amazing. But it could have been written so much better, her style is very dull and boring.
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
FrayedAroundTheEdges wrote:^^ its most boring haha

i like it so far...but i loveeedd Twilight so i have a hard time anticipating boredom from NM ;)
Well, 100 pages into the book it was boring... depends on how you look at it. You might see how it is or isn't boring come Eclipse or Breaking Dawn. I can't say that for myself because I'm only less than a 100 pages into Eclipse, but, well, it sets everything up for Breaking Dawn, so, it can or can't be boring... I wanted to write the author a nasty letter, telling her that she was bugging the hooey out of me with her writing, and what she wrote... seriously, it just irked me how the book went.

Just keep reading..
I've kinda put a hold on Eclipse.. just because. I only needed Twilight for the movie, so I'm totally ahead of the game right now.

woah
i totally meant to type FROM not FREE lolly
i meant i wasnt bored ;)
sorrryyy
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I just finished listening to New Moon- aahh! The ending irked me for some reason.... >_>

But, I loved the story line of this one even better.

*sigh* Jacob is amazing. :P hahah!

Anyway yeah, I'll probably download the next audio book soon.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

If ending irked you.. you'll want to be mad by the time you get a chapter into Eclipse. Oh my... I'd love to just... AH! I'm 3 chapters into Eclipse.. I paused for various reasons. These books are just too boring for me... Harry Potter was more intesting, and more detailed and better writing. CS Lewis was better, and I thought HE was overly detailed...
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I finished Twilight today! I was very proud of myself. My friends told me I had to finish it before Friday when the movie comes out and I did!

Anyways, I liked it. I didn't think it was too boring, but I also know it's far from the best thing I've read. Edward and Bella are amazing though..That's the way any guy should treat a girl. (Despite the fact he's a vampire...lol)

<3<3<3
BBB
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

So I'm actually going to see that movie on Tuesday...

I honestly didn't think I would actually go see it in the theater, but one of my housemates feels like it, and I haven't seen a movie in the theater in a few months...AND I actually have MONEY at the moment...so I guess I will. ;) Although I'd rather rewind a few weeks and go see Fireproof instead...

I have absolutely no expectations whatsoever for this movie. I'll give my review here when I see it. :)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Arwen wrote:So I'm actually going to see that movie on Tuesday...

I honestly didn't think I would actually go see it in the theater, but one of my housemates feels like it, and I haven't seen a movie in the theater in a few months...AND I actually have MONEY at the moment...so I guess I will. ;) Although I'd rather rewind a few weeks and go see Fireproof instead...

I have absolutely no expectations whatsoever for this movie. I'll give my review here when I see it. :)
WOW! Your brave for going to the midnight show! :boohoo: Good luck!!!!
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

So I personally love these books (though New Moon was a little boring but i still liked it).

So when I heard there was a movie coming out I was so excited.
Last night I went to see it at midnight. I really liked it. It did an ok job at fallowing the book. My friend hated it because it wasn’t how she pictured it. You have to be careful going into this movie if you have read the book it will be a little harder to get everything that you pictured out of your head. But if you try it is possible. It went really fast it only felt like an hour. I would defiantly recommend it.
I don’t want to say to much about it because I don’t want to give anything away.
-looy
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Alice Cullen wrote:
Arwen wrote:So I'm actually going to see that movie on Tuesday...

WOW! Your brave for going to the midnight show! :boohoo: Good luck!!!!
Where did I say that? And I thought the movie came out sooner than that...

I don't know if I'm still going to feel like going and seeing a movie now...everything changesin the twinkling of an eye.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

*Spoilerish*

So, I saw the movie on Sabbath night... after sundown... and it follows the book pretty well. You will notice what they missed, you will notice that they half and half set up for New Moon (which has been announced, they will be filming). It is interesting how they made the movie, and stuck to Bella's point of view, but at times, you can tell that they aren't following Bella's point of view. There is dialogue and wrods straight for the book. (You'll love scenes of the school... haha! Plus Bella's Mom... oh, that was just a riot...)

They picked all the right actors for the characters (I'm soo in love with James and Carlisle right now... Mike isn't bad either!). At times Robert Pattinson was changing his voice to be non-british, but it seemed pretty hard for him. You'll noticed the voice changes... a lot. Everyone did really well, and the witty dialogue just makes you laugh. Brittni and I had to hold our laughs in because it was sooo hilarious.

The music really fit everything. Though the soundtrack has more than the movie held, if you ever wanted to know what Bella's Lullaby was... right there in the movie. Plus, there was a song from Linkin Park and Paramore in the movie...

Okay, so, I LOVED the movie. Awesome! Movie made 70.6 million this weekend... not bad, I guess. Most movies do make over 100 mil though, so...

Well, hope some of you get to see it sometime. That was just awesome...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Okay, so, I LOVED the movie. Awesome! Movie made 70.6 million this weekend... not bad, I guess. Most movies do make over 100 mil though, so...
Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I'd say the film did very well. Twilight ranked 29th all-time for biggest opening weekend... most films don't make over 100 million in a weekend. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Yeah, I watched it today. It was pretty good...although I thought the vampires all looked a little more freakish than beautiful. I think Bella was cast well, though. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it followed the book well, although it's impossible to completely capture a book like that on film. Good overall, though.
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Arwen wrote:Yeah, I watched it today. It was pretty good...although I thought the vampires all looked a little more freakish than beautiful. I think Bella was cast well, though. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it followed the book well, although it's impossible to completely capture a book like that on film. Good overall, though.
i luved the vampires...i thought Rob Pattinson was awesome *especially the first scene in the bio lab...it was deliciously awkward haha
and i LUV Kristen Stewart too *especially in this movie :D her and rob are awesome together...

i thought it had a little bit of New Moonish traits...like how they shoed Laurent and his people killing all the random people...
i dunno if i like that part of it

but other than that
it was soo gooodd!!!