What Canadians Think About Everything

...supposedly.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Catspaw wrote:I got 10/20, and I'm a Canadian! :-s However, I have to say that the quiz was dumb. What celebrity would most Canadians want to garden with? That does not require knowledge about Canada! I was surprised that a Canadian was the answer, actually! :anxious:
I felt that that was really relevant, actually. Most Canadians pretend to be against their fellow Americans and everything they do. If offered the choice, some would feel very disloyal by not picking their own Canadian. Though, funny how we take in and respond to American Media.

I scored 10/20. Yeah, some were quite surprising. Such as the religion one. When I read it, I took a mindset that I was reading this on a Christian site. And so, I meant more evangelical Christians. So, I did not answer my own Province mainly because I know for a fact that Christians are almost non-existent in this province. Well, I'm exagerating, but it's a known fact that it's low.

However, many people I know all believe in God. But, they won't ever act on that. They say they pray--mostly to relieve their stress--but none ever go to church except for Christmas. I find it quite interesting.

Canadian Drink? Yeah, the beer. Both Americans and Canadians shouldn't have gotten that wrong.

Canadians make such a big deal of Trudeau. It's amazing.

Alberta and the death penalty. Alberta is supposedly the most violent province, with a person murdered every day or something (some statistic like that) I got that right, and was not surprised.

Though interesting test. I'm sure I wouldv'e done better if I wasn't thinking so hard. Some of those answers were just so cliched such as spending time with family and being peaceful little Canadians.

BC
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I got 10/20.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I was hoping for a zero but I got an 8 because of stupid lucky guesses! GAR. I could care less what Canada thinks about pretty much anything. GRRRR. The government anyway.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Hm... this is just a guess, but I am getting the feeling that you don't like the Canadian goverment... ;)

Sarah
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

4!!!! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bennett wrote:However, many people I know all believe in God. But, they won't ever act on that. They say they pray--mostly to relieve their stress--but none ever go to church except for Christmas. I find it quite interesting.
I actually wasn't too surprised, as sad as it is. A couple university students from our church are presently doing an evangelical thing with Campus Crusade in Quebec. During their presentation, they mentioned something about being one of the provinces with the fewest number of Christians. I can't say it's much better here in Ottawa. :(
Bennett wrote:Canadian Drink? Yeah, the beer. Both Americans and Canadians shouldn't have gotten that wrong.
That was an easy one. It seems you can't watch any TV program without seeing a commerical advertising beer. #-o
Bennett wrote:Canadians make such a big deal of Trudeau. It's amazing.
I knew it was Trudeau. We have too many Liberal advocates in our country. ](*,)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Monday wrote:Ouch! 4 out of 20! :anxious:
Me too...but hey, I'm not Canadian. (Would do better if it was a "What Chinese Think About Everything" quiz.)
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I got 9 right, but I don't think that 's too bad because I don't keep that close an eye on the Canadian news like I did when I was in middle school (don't ask me why I did that then).
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I got 12 on my first try. Some of them you kinda kick yourself afterwords....
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ferder wrote:I got 12 on my first try. Some of them you kinda kick yourself afterwords....
Especially if you're Canadian. ](*,)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I can kinda understand all you Canadians getting low scores because sometimes the quizzes for 'how English are you' are total nonsense!
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!