What was the first episode you ever heard?

...or your first album

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

What was the first episode you ever heard?

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I don't really know the first episode I heard, I was probably a few weeks old. My first album was In your Wildest Dreams, I got it for christmas. \:D/
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

"Recollections" and "Promises, Promises" were the first episodes I ever heard. I liked them so much that I went and bought my first AIO album "Welcome to Odyssey."
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I listened since the beginning but for whatever reason "Lincoln" is the first episode I have a really clear memory of, and the first one that got me really into the show, because I was always into history and whatnot. ;)
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

The first album I ever got was Vol. 16 Flights of Imagination the Christmas it was released, when I was seven. That means that the first episode I ever heard was The Moral Coil. :bolt:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I don't remember exactly which one was my first because my sister listened to odysseys since before I was born. But I do remember learning to switch the casette tapes and I distinctly remember hearing Eugene's voice...
I do what I do.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I had a tape with "Hidden In My Heart" and "Greater Love" on it. And I believe I listened to that for like ever before I really found out there was a whole series thing going on.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Karen, and my very first album to own was Album 3... not always the best choice when Becky was dying of cancer right around then... yeah, I know.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

Madge and Guy.... My mom got the tape at a garage sale and gave it to me and i was like "this looks stupid" but i listened to it anyways and i've been hooked ever since
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shame on whoever would sell an Odyssey cassette tape at a garage sale! :shame:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Trent DeWhite wrote:Shame on whoever would sell an Odyssey cassette tape at a garage sale! :shame:
I got three albums of Odyssey from the Goodwill! Yeah, not the greatest, but I love album 29! (album 15 and 16 are screwed up (plus three I gave to Brittni) and one of them is got like weird tapes, like the Battle and a Tongue of Fire and a Liscense to Drive again.. .tis hilarious). I will be replacing them all sometime...! : )
milkandeggs
29K to go!

Post by milkandeggs »

I have no idea what episode was my first...and I don't have any albums - poor me! :(
But I got a tape from Chick-fil-a when I was little that had "This is Chad Pearson?" on it. I listened to it until it broke.
Eugene Meltsner? I don't think so. Secret agents wear sunglasses and drive around in cool cars. Eugene wears coke-bottle glasses and rides around on a bike.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

milkandeggs wrote:...and I don't have any albums-poor me :(
:soapbox: Aww, that's so sad. I seriously siad that when I read that. (that was a scary rhyme) I can't imagine life with no albums, do you just listen to whatever's on oneplace with no control? You don't even listen to what you want to listen to? This world is a terrible place, people don't even have albums that need them! I feel very sorry for you, M&E!!!
milkandeggs
29K to go!

Post by milkandeggs »

My local radio station plays them so I listen to whatever episode is on that day. And if I miss a day I listen on oneplace. Pathetic, I know...
Eugene Meltsner? I don't think so. Secret agents wear sunglasses and drive around in cool cars. Eugene wears coke-bottle glasses and rides around on a bike.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I'm not sure what was the first episode I listen to, I started listening to them when I was very sick in the hospital and one of my friends had 25 albums and let me borrow them. I assume it was one of the episodes closer to the start of the series but I listened to all 25 albums in 2 weeks so it was kind of a blur and I can't say for sure.

My first album was 33: virtual realities
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Reddo wrote:I'm not sure what was the first episode I listen to, I started listening to them when I was very sick in the hospital and one of my friends had 25 albums and let me borrow them. I assume it was one of the episodes closer to the start of the series but I listened to all 25 albums in 2 weeks so it was kind of a blur and I can't say for sure.

Poor you.. sorry, read you were in the hospital and felt sorry for you. This was way back when, I know. Virtual realities... Interesting... I don't know how people can start at the end of a saga (that album sorta ended the Blackgaurd saga.... wow..)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Reddo wrote:I'm not sure what was the first episode I listen to, I started listening to them when I was very sick in the hospital and one of my friends had 25 albums and let me borrow them. I assume it was one of the episodes closer to the start of the series but I listened to all 25 albums in 2 weeks so it was kind of a blur and I can't say for sure.

Poor you.. sorry, read you were in the hospital and felt sorry for you. This was way back when, I know. Virtual realities... Interesting... I don't know how people can start at the end of a saga (that album sorta ended the Blackgaurd saga.... wow..)
At least he could spend his time listening to AIO and I assume he's recovored.

Virtual Realities only has two follow up episodes to the Blackgaard saga, it's not really a part of the saga and he had already heard the rest of it in the hospital so it wouldn't be a big deal.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
At least he could spend his time listening to AIO and I assume he's recovored.

Virtual Realities only has two follow up episodes to the Blackgaard saga, it's not really a part of the saga and he had already heard the rest of it in the hospital so it wouldn't be a big deal.
The AIO episodes made time pass pretty quickly, I think I had already listened to most of the episodes twice by the time I got my first album so I had a pretty good idea of what was going on with Blackgaard.

And yeah it was about 8 years ago that I was sick so I think I've recovered. I'm kind of thankful for getting sick in a away because without it I'm not sure if I ever would have started listening to AIO
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Connie Comes to Town
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Reddo wrote:And yeah it was about 8 years ago that I was sick so I think I've recovered. I'm kind of thankful for getting sick in a away because without it I'm not sure if I ever would have started listening to AIO
WOW, God is amazing isn't he? A Glass Darkly!
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

Well I have listened to AIO since I was little, but not consistently. Then for Christmas one year some old famiy friends gave me the two albums, Twists and Turns, and Welcome Home, Whit. Besides that I've only bought two other albums. :anxious:
But for a while I would visit my cousin's every week and they literally owned every Focus on the Family radio drama ever made at that time, so I would borrow albums every week. But of course they had to move and now I pitifully listen to anything I can get my hands on (usually the radio). :)