Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Post by Movieman »

I'm not sure if there's a thread for this yet, but I was considering getting either Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Pearl for Nintendo DS, and I was curious if there was anyone on the toO that plays either of those games?

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Forte
OK

Post by Forte »

I own both Diamond in Japanese and Pearl in English. Love 'em both (mostly because the original JP Diamond releases have exploitable glitches :3).

When played in English, both games are essentially the same, especially for the first couple dozen hours until you beat the Elite Four (it took me... 30-35 hours to do that, I think?). After that, the game opens up exponentially, but only as far as you're willing to take it. By that, I mean that you can take this game very far if you're willing to put in the time, but it's not going to force you to do so.

Take me, for instance. Because the games interact with the GBA Pokemon games (FireRed, LeafGreen, Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald), and trading between those games is the only way you'll be able to get many different Pokemon to raise, I went and purchased three of the five versions for fairly cheap and decided to collect as many creatures as possible.

That's just my way of prolonging the game. There are also online wi-fi battles you can get into with others, global Pokemon trading, in-game contests, upcoming tournaments (offline and online), real-life events to get new and rare Pokemon, wireless interaction with the WiiWare Pokemon game, stuff like that. Nintendo's trying to prolong this franchise as long as possible. xD

I'd say, for $30, it's been one of my personal best purchases on the DS (especially considering what I paid for my import copy of Diamond). If you really want to have some fun right now, I'd say get it. If you can wait for the special edition that's coming out in English in a year or more (Pokemon Platinum), then you can wait, since that version will likely fix any and all errors and upgrade the features that were present previously.
|My LiveJournal|My Facebook (Add me, please! I need a reason to use it! :P|

I like changing my avatar a lot, so expect a new one every now and then.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I haven't played in a while. I'll probably start playing again when Platinum comes out.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

:shock:

Not another Pokemon fan! My sister goes crazy with Pokemon. It's just sad, but that's the way it goes. And, no, I'm definitly not Pokemon fan materiel. ;)
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote::shock:

Not another Pokemon fan! My sister goes crazy with Pokemon. It's just sad, but that's the way it goes. And, no, I'm definitly not Pokemon fan materiel. ;)
I've been a fan of pokemon since there were only 151 of them, now they've ruined it by added over 300 more. In fact, I think I have my 1st edition pokemon cards at home somewhere. *strokes chin thoughtfully*

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Pokemon Platinum is coming out soon. (A remake of D/P kind of like Yellow, Crystal and Emerald) So i'd wait for that.

Game-wise it's just another pokemon some updated graphics and some new pokemon, that's it. If you've played one you've played them all.

But on the other hand they're always enjoyable to play. :P
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

So I've finally started playing the game. Does anyone that has it want to trade or battle?

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

0516 8423 8720

That's my friend code, add me to your PAL PAD. :P Tell me if ya want to battle/trade. I just recently started a new save file.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

ek wrote:0516 8423 8720

That's my friend code, add me to your PAL PAD. :P Tell me if ya want to battle/trade. I just recently started a new save file.
I suppose someone who doesn't know about pokemon won't realize the significance of this, but I'm about to put a Mew up for trade (a legitimate one, not one obtained with cheat codes). Since it's so rare, I'm not sure what to ask for. Any suggestions?

I'll be sure to add you to my pal pad. I'm in the process of migrating my pokemon from Sapphire and Fire Red, once I do that I'll let you know so we can battle. :D

In the mean time, here's my friend code:

0946 3966 8474