Fork or spoon?

Talk about your silverware preferences here!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which do you prefer to use?

Fork
69%
Spoon
31%

Total votes: 26

Chandler

Fork or spoon?

Post by Chandler »

Usually place settings for fancy meals come with a lot of utensils but I'll reduce that to the main three... fork, spoon, and knife, then drop knife because it's not really suitable for eating peas with if you catch my drift. :D

If you could choose only one utensil to eat a meal with which one would you prefer? We'll pretend that soup isn't an option for the meal. :)

I love spoons! This little smiley doesn't do them justice. :yum:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

well, that would depend...........if I'm eating soup, it can get really difficult to eat with a fork (but doable as I have done it before).........rame in different though as you have noodels, so that I eat with a fork, then sip on the juice..............most anything else I eat with a fork (or finger food).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I said that we'll pretend that soup isn't an option. I think most people prefer to use a spoon for that. :-
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Chandler wrote:I said that we'll pretend that soup isn't an option. I think most people prefer to use a spoon for that. :-
I guess it might help a tad if I ever actually learn how to read the entire post before adding my post..............this becomes really hard for me when I hit a thread with several pages........I might read the first sentance on the post that started the thread and the first and last sentance of a few random posts in between :roll:

OK, then if soup is not an option then definatley a fork (though as I've said before I can (and have) eat soup with a fork.........no joke.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Wow. Dead even in utensil preferences. Fancy that. I prefer forks for everything. Even soup. It takes a while to eat, but hey, I like it that way!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

SPORK!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I prefer forks over spoons, unless of course I am consuming some sort of gooey and/or liquidish food.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

FOON!!!
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I would have to say that it depends on what I am eating. I almost always use a fork unless it is soup.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i must say that for me it all depends. Much of the time is use both fork and knofe, however i also like the famous spork, such as the ones they give you at Taco Bell becuase it emcompasses both the fork and spoon, you get the best of both worlds.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

A spoon.
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I don't have a preference either way. Give me the food and I'll find a way to consume it. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Most of the stuff I eat requires a spoon.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

fork. something about spearing and stabbing stuff intigues and fascinates me.. :-#
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm a minority... :(

*thinks this means she should be able to apply for more scholarships and stuff* :badgrin:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I would rather take the fork. Most stuff can be eaten with a fork, and more stuff is easier to stab or pick up with a fork than a spoon.

My parents were at a church event where they do a meal where you have a menu, but you don't know what you're picking. You might get spagetti, and a spoon to eat it with, and then get a brownie and no utensils, and then some vegetables and two knives to eat with! Everything is in a random order, and the utenils are random too. You don't have the option of choosing, like you do here! :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I don't usually eat my brownies with utensils anyway. :-$
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I usually don't either! \:D/ It was just an example. :yum:
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

Forks, Forks!, FORKS!!!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Give me a fork any day. I find it to be generally more effective on the stuff I eat which requires utensils. Besides, it's easy to use the side of a fork as a knife. Even though soup isn't being taken into consideration, I don't need any utensils to eat it. Just drink out of the bowl. I've done it before, and it works great. And it's faster.