WHAT DOES BEING YOUNG HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

youth matters not!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What do you think about this?

Do you think I'm right?
31%
Do you think I'm wrong?
69%

Total votes: 16

GuRuGuY

WHAT DOES BEING YOUNG HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

Post by GuRuGuY »

I'm am very surprised to see what little consideration you people give the Bible. I do not care whether you agree with me or not because i am not the one who is teaching. What I say is what the Bible says and if you don't like it, well, that's between you and God. I bring forth verses that prove I am correct in what I say.

Also, it doesn't matter how young I am. I still have a right to teach what the Bible says. I don't need life experience to know how to do certain things. all I have to do is read the Word of God and that is all.

"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till i come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine" (1 Timothy 4:12-13). This is all I'm trying to do.

The only anyone would get offended by what I say is because your conscience has been convicted. Perhaps you all should consider that... :-k

Grammatical errors were fixed in the post, as well as titled. Yay me ~ Ryan
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

WHAT DOES CAPS LOCK HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

Oh, wait.

Perhaps we're offended by your arrogance? Perhaps he fact that you seem to think that you preach absolute truth and cannot be wrong?
...I hate marquees.
GuRuGuY

Post by GuRuGuY »

J-man wrote:WHAT DOES CAPS LOCK HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

Oh, wait.

Perhaps we're offended by your arrogance? Perhaps he fact that you seem to think that you preach absolute truth and cannot be wrong?
I can't be wrong because i speak the truth. everything i say is from the Bible so i can't be wrong.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I express similar sentiments as those posted by the user above me. (J-man)

Until you can be humble, no one will take anything you say seriously. That's pretty much all there is to it.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Tindomiel wrote: Until you can be humble, no one will take anything you say seriously. That's pretty much all there is to it.
I also express similar sentiments

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I express similar sentiments to those posted by those who posted above me (J-man and Tindomiel). Saying that you can't be wrong because you believe that what you say is Biblical, seems a bit arrogant.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Agreed. There may be those of us here that agree with a lot of what you say, but the way you are saying it is pretty off-putting to everybody. :- Not to mention you posted all this as your very first post here...nobody even knows who in the world you are. :anxious:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Just your name alone is very obnoxious, and not very humble. And most of us have Bibles and good parents to show us the way when it comes to your romances.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

GuRuGuY wrote:
J-man wrote:WHAT DOES CAPS LOCK HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

Oh, wait.

I can't be wrong because i speak the truth. everything i say is from the Bible so i can't be wrong.
You just proved my point. Thank you.
...I hate marquees.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Right.

See, there are a lot of people on this board who basically agree with you (Watson, Laura, and danadelfos come to mind off the top of my head), and I've had some spirited debates on the matter with them, but I can respectfully disagree with them and I enjoy their company on the board.

The problem isn't that you hold those opinions, it's in the presentation thereof.

I certainly don't think those guidelines are destined to end in RUIN, but I know for a fact that people can go about things in different ways and meet with great success, honoring God all the while.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yeah, let's not guilt or condemn people into agreement. :surrender:

:anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Trent DeWhite wrote:Yeah, let's not guilt or condemn people into agreement. :surrender:

:anxious:
REPENT! :x
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Yeah, I'm going to agree with everyone else, Guruguy. If your going to be arrogant or blunt about something, nobodies going to take you seriously. Even if you come up with a whole bunch of Biblical verses, and use those.

And might I add, you sometimes use Bible verses out of context. But everyone does that.

And no matter what, you can be Biblical, follow the BIble, all that, and still be WRONG. You can't always be right. That's just a little hard to do... if I just contradicted myself, ooops. I'm jsut saying no one is ever always right, and never wrong. Even I am. And you should hear me in person sometimes...
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

And LOL at all the 15 and 16 year olds telling him not to tell them what to do... :anxious:

?
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I think you guys need to be careful with what you say. You're telling GuruGuy that he's obnoxious, arrogant, and whatever else you've said. You may be partially right, and speaking the truth. Yeah, everyone has something to learn. But really, the Bible says not just to speak the truth, but to speak the truth in love.

You may have been offended by what he said, I can understand that. But that doesn't mean you have to turn this into a GuruGuy bashing thread. Only a few of you have said what you wanted to say without at least somewhat heartlessly putting him down.

Really, guys, nobody is perfect, we all have a lot to learn. That doesn't mean I'm siding with either opinion, I just saying be kind. Think about what you say. There are real people behind these screen names and avatars. So yeah, be careful.

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

The Artful Dodger wrote:I think you guys need to be careful with what you say. You're telling GuruGuy that he's obnoxious, arrogant, and whatever else you've said. You may be partially right, and speaking the truth. Yeah, everyone has something to learn. But really, the Bible says not just to speak the truth, but to speak the truth in love.

You may have been offended by what he said, I can understand that. But that doesn't mean you have to turn this into a GuruGuy bashing thread. Only a few of you have said what you wanted to say without at least somewhat heartlessly putting him down.

Really, guys, nobody is perfect, we all have a lot to learn. That doesn't mean I'm siding with either opinion, I just saying be kind. Think about what you say. There are real people behind these screen names and avatars. So yeah, be careful.
I believe that everyone's much more concerned with how Guru said what he did than what he said. But I do agree. I don't think anyone's been too mean to him... except maybe Top. :shame:
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

SivartM wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I think you guys need to be careful with what you say. You're telling GuruGuy that he's obnoxious, arrogant, and whatever else you've said. You may be partially right, and speaking the truth. Yeah, everyone has something to learn. But really, the Bible says not just to speak the truth, but to speak the truth in love.

I believe that everyone's much more concerned with how Guru said what he did than what he said. But I do agree. I don't think anyone's been too mean to him... except maybe Top. :shame:
I know it's about how he said what he said. But it seems to me that a few of the people who have posted in this thread have accused him of arrogance in a rather haughty manner themselves. I'm not saying either were right or wrong, simply that both sides should be more careful. Yes, GuruGuy certainly could have said things differently. But just because you were offended doesn't mean that you should come back hurling insults.

I know, I probably sound pretty preachy right now. But really, try to be a witness for Jesus. We're all people on here, okay? I know I wouldn't be too happy with someone saying to me some of the stuff you guys said to GuruGuy. You're acting like you utterly hate the guy. So just be careful, that's all I'm saying. Consider your words wisely. That's it.

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Hi Guruguy, welcome to the Town of Odyssey! :D
Come on you guys, he's new here… remember when were newbies??
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yeah, I hope I didn't sound condesending and rude myself, GuRuGuy. ;)

Welcome to the ToO! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The Artful Dodger wrote:
I know, I probably sound pretty preachy right now. But really, try to be a witness for Jesus. We're all people on here, okay? I know I wouldn't be too happy with someone saying to me some of the stuff you guys said to GuruGuy. You're acting like you utterly hate the guy. So just be careful, that's all I'm saying. Consider your words wisely. That's it.
By all means, I have faith in the members of the ToO, that if GuruGuy signed up and was here to be an active poster and get to know us all, etc, not a single person would attack him. However, so far all he has displayed is a propagandic agenda... not a single post he has made has been beyond that... and if that is what he is here for then he really isn't welcome. If he wants to prove otherwise, that's honestly a great thing and I personally will lay off him.