And Jackson is...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

And Jackson is...

Post by Bmuntz »

Jackson verdict comes down very soon. What do you think it will be?

Here's news on it:http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/13/j ... index.html
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I'm hoping he goes to jail with a life's sentence. :P

Sarah
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sarah wrote:I'm hoping he goes to jail with a life's sentence. :P

Sarah
I agree... if only for his music! :anxious:

I don't know if I'm really convinced he's guilty or not. It wouldn't surprise me if he was, but on the other hand he just seems like a real weirdo who might just be really eccentric, but harmless. I don't know, I really haven't followed all the evidence that much. It was funny when he wore pajamas to court, though.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

He was just found innocent of all counts. I thought he would be found guilty of at least a couple of the lower charges. If he is innocent then good for him and if he was found innocent because the jury was afraid to send on superstar to jail for it then shame on them. :shame:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, if he really is guilty, he'll pay for it eventually, one way or another.

But if he does a sequel to the hit song "Thriller", all will be forgiven. \:D/
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The guy disgusts me. The fact that he was "sleeping" with kids in his bed wasn't even in dispute. Just "messing" with them was. The guy is a wacko and shouldn't have kids or be allowed NEAR kids. Movie/Music stars literally get away with murder. (O.J. Simpson)
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

LovedbyGod wrote:The guy disgusts me. The fact that he was "sleeping" with kids in his bed wasn't even in dispute. Just "messing" with them was. The guy is a wacko and shouldn't have kids or be allowed NEAR kids. Movie/Music stars literally get away with murder. (O.J. Simpson)
AMEN!

Pece Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, you have to admit, OJ Simpson did a great job in the Naked Gun movies. You can't convict anyone who was in those, they are too cool!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

The Top Crusader wrote: But if he does a sequel to the hit song "Thriller", all will be forgiven. \:D/
My personal favorite is "Beat it". "Thriller", however comes a close second.

Well, he's ain't guilty!

If he was; let's pray he's learned his lesson.

BC
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

God wrote:But if anyone causes one of these little ones to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
I've been following up on the evidence, and I'm convinced this man is guilty. I'm convinced he was a very sick child mollester, and should be locked up for a very long time. But of course we can't send HIM to jail, because he's a celebrity. His music is great, but I think it's time we sent him away and remembered him as he was.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

LovedbyGod wrote:The guy disgusts me. The fact that he was "sleeping" with kids in his bed wasn't even in dispute. Just "messing" with them was. The guy is a wacko and shouldn't have kids or be allowed NEAR kids. Movie/Music stars literally get away with murder. (O.J. Simpson)
My thoughts exactly. They really should have locked him up and lost the key. I'm not surprised that he got off. The sad thing is he can't be tried again. ](*,)
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Unless they catch him messing up again... :-k
*Rushes off to stalk MJ with a camera*
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I dont think he was guilty. I mean the kids were prolly some brats who's parents wanted money so they disided to make up storys to get Jackson to pay them money. I mean really the kids storys were allways changing
Image [img]
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

mellow wrote:I dont think he was guilty. I mean the kids were prolly some brats who's parents wanted money so they disided to make up storys to get Jackson to pay them money. I mean really the kids storys were allways changing
Exactly what I've gathered. Not that Jackson isn't a freak or anything.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:Well, you have to admit, OJ Simpson did a great job in the Naked Gun movies. You can't convict anyone who was in those, they are too cool!
Don't you love the scene where he's in the wheelchair and it goes down the stadium steps and he launches out of the chair when he hits the fence at the end? \:D/
I love that whole baseball scene... :inlove: The umpire's antics were absolutely hilarious. :hilarious:
You might have to be a baseball fan to truly appreciate all that is going on in that scene... :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Chandler wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Well, you have to admit, OJ Simpson did a great job in the Naked Gun movies. You can't convict anyone who was in those, they are too cool!
Don't you love the scene where he's in the wheelchair and it goes down the stadium steps and he launches out of the chair when he hits the fence at the end? \:D/
I love that whole baseball scene... :inlove: The umpire's antics were absolutely hilarious. :hilarious:
You might have to be a baseball fan to truly appreciate all that is going on in that scene... :anxious:
I'm not much of a baseball fan, but that was a great scene! Those movies... especially I think the first one, but it's been so long I don't really remember which was which... were great! :D The TV show it is based on was awesome, too...

Did OJ ever do any other acting? :-k
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

micheal jackson is just really creepy. i wouldnt be surprised if he was guilty...but any case against a celbrity is pretty much hopeless..they're always "proved not guilty" [but i could be wrong on that point..]
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I saw the not guilty thing when I was at dinner. As I haven't really been following it, I don't know what to think, except that he is one creepy man.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

mellow wrote:I dont think he was guilty. I mean the kids were prolly some brats who's parents wanted money so they disided to make up storys to get Jackson to pay them money. I mean really the kids storys were allways changing
Which he did. Jackson did bribe people with money, at least a few times, and a LOT of it. And again, the fact that the pervert was sleeping with kids wasn't even being debated. That enough should have been enough to do something to him. YUCK.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Actually, Jackson did admit to some of those things in one or two interviews, but they did not count those interviews as evidence. I think it was rediculous, if you are famous in California, you can get away with anything. I heard someone say that if he had been tried just about anywhere else in the united states other than California, he would have been convicted guilty. I think the trial would have been a lot shorter too. Arrgghhhh...it really annoys me. Oh, and sorry for continuing on, but i heard a short interview with MJackson on the radio, oh my goodness, just the way he talks is creepy. I don't have any idea why people like him, no offence. Even his music...yikes. :sick:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)