Homeschoolers Are Only Good For Cleaning Toilets

Fellow homeschoolers.. I regretfully announce to you your inevitable fate :(

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Homeschoolers Are Only Good For Cleaning Toilets

Post by Iron and Light »

Critic Claims: “Homeschoolersare only good for cleaning toilets”
by Gary DeMar

The title for this report is taken from a response to one of American Vision’s daily articles. The respondent is an atheist who claims he can refute any argument raised in defense of the Christian faith. I have irritated him so much by answering his poorly researched responses he sends to me that his true character is spilling out in a public way. His personal emails to me are worse than what I have reproduced here. If you want to know what the world would be like with atheists in control, here’s a little taste:

It’s good that Christians homeschool. We need citizens to clean our toilets and mow our lawns. Perhaps some homeschooled Christians will be able to fill these types of jobs. The rest will be unemployable retards like their parents.

Here’s what I want homeschoolers to do: First, reply to this article and leave a comment describing what kind of work you are doing since you completed homeschooling. Second, send this article and its link to every homeschooler and homeschool organization you know and encourage them to leave a comment at the end of this article describing what they are doing since being homeschooled. Third, I don’t want to exclude those who have graduated from a private or church-related Christian school. You can get in on this was well by adding your comments.

The public school graduation rate is around 65 percent, and in large cities it’s lower as this April 1, 2008 report demonstrates. “New York City has one of the nation’s sorriest graduation rates, with less than half of city high-schoolers earning a diploma on time. . . . Even using the most optimistic calculation of the city’s graduation rate—including kids who earn GEDs and excluding special education students from the formula—only 60% of students graduated in 2006” Test scores continue to fall even though education budgets keep growing. It seems that all we hear from government educators is the need for more money. John Stossel’s 2006 “20/20” report “Stupid In America: How We Are Cheating Our Kids” is a real eye-opener, especially when he asks South Carolina school official Dolores Wright, “How much money would be right?” Wright answers, “Oooh. Millions. And it would really make it right. . . . The more, the better.”

Is it any wonder that the judicial numbskulls in California and the new fascists in Germany are trying to wipe out homeschooling? They fear its superior product and how it makes public (government) education look so bad, especially when the cost of educating a student is factored in. While homeschooling has a great academic track record, enough so that some of the best colleges in the nation recruit homeschoolers, one of its greatest social benefits is its demonstration of true liberty. Liberals love to talk about freedom of choice as long as that freedom does not include the freedom to educate their own children. It would have been OK to kill the child while he was still in his mother’s womb, but once he’s born, he belongs to the State and its educational hacks.

Please forward to friends and family!

Ok, this really made me mad. It contained more links, if anyone is interested. I am also going to make a facebook group about it, and will post it's name on here as soon as it is created.
Last edited by Iron and Light on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Sweet. I was homeschool and was one of the strongest graduate students in my class and now am a speech-language pathologist working both for the school system and in acute rehab in a hospital. It's a shame I had such a poor education (sarcasm).
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

That's great news, I've always wanted to have a profession in toilet cleaning! \:D/

/end sarcasm
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Sweet! I guess graduating at 16, having a 4.00 GPA in a local community college at aforementioned age and recently being accepted to one of the best photography colleges in the US means I'll be scrubbing toilets and mowing lawns! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Wow! This is amazing, I never fully realized my full potential! Though I have not graduated yet, I am already quite adept at cleaning toilets - so much for college!
\:D/
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Sadly, I don't even see myself as particularly adept at cleaning toilets. What is left for me?
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Clodius Albinus wrote:Sadly, I don't even see myself as particularly adept at cleaning toilets. What is left for me?
The United States Welfare system and food stamps :(.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, I hate cleaning toilets. :(

..It's rather funny, I know a homeschooler who just graduated that has been offered four years at a college, all payed for.

..I also have a public schooled cousin that Yale was trying to recruit after he took his PSAT. I think he wants to go to MIT though. :-k
...I hate marquees.
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

The plural of anecdote, of course, is not evidence. Homeschoolers do very well when compared, generically, to those enrolled in public school, but that's an extraordinarily flawed metric, since homeschoolers tend to come from intact middle class families, and generally (logically) have parents very invested in their education. The bias introduced by self-selection is enormous. Besides which, for every homeschooler who goes to the Ivies, there are a couple who are struggling to find a steady job. That's how life works; there are no panaceas.

Besides which, I'd definitely prefer any half-decent public school over a curriculum that includes works by such "luminaries" as Gary DeMar.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

Toilet bowl cleaner.....hmm.....its got some pretty good acidity to it.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I, too, seemed doomed to drag on with my current dead-end career while scanning the classifieds in hopes that something in the toilet-cleaning industry will soon open up.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

A bit of an over generalization I'm afraid. I know really intelligent homeschoolers... but I know those that would probably use the wrong end of a brush to clean a toilet. :noway:
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Funny...my dad graduated from the Air Force Academy and is now a retired officer. My older brother is going to his plebe year at West Point. Neither are the easiest colleges to get into, so I'm guessing that neither of them are "retards." My oldest brother is in college and already has a job, also.

However, they all might just be fluke incidents...yeah....right...... :roll:

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

While I think it's GREAT that homeschoolers are doing so many wonderful things, and I know the person who made the comment meant it as an insult, I really don't think we should look down upon so-called "lowly" jobs. If you work hard, do your best at a job, and glorify God, that's what's important. There's absolutely nothing wrong with cleaning toilets and mowing lawns. I do both regularly, and I think my family and visitors to our home appreciate having a clean environment. ;)

That being said, homeschooling does equip people well for many different fields. My oldest brother is a doctor, just starting his residency at a top school for surgical studies. My sister is a wonderful artist, photographer, gardener, cook, and is capable of running a home. Watson is almost finished with his electrical engineering degree, wires and installs million dollar equipment in airplanes, plays 6 different musical instruments and can record and mix his own CDs, and plus he can write really well. I'm proud of all my siblings! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

i am homeschooled.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

emmywepfan wrote:i am homeschooled.
*hands you an already used toilet bowl brush and points to nearest toilet*

Get cleaning :x.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Wow it is wonderful to know that I will be doing this my whole life. I guess haveing a 3.8 GPA and having a great job and will be going to a great college menas that I will be living off of food stamps.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

EUCC wrote:I was homeschool and was one of the strongest graduate students in my class and now am a speech-language pathologist working both for the school system and in acute rehab in a hospital.(sarcasm).
That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with lawns or toilets to me. \:D/

-Robo
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Hm... I guess I'd better get a toilet brush... :(
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Considering I've had scholarships given to me, awards presented, and EVEN OFFERS OF COHABITATION, I think I can safely say that my primary source of income will not be cleaning toilets.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!