What was your* worst injury?

*or friend's

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

What was your* worst injury?

Post by DanP740 »

I've never broken anything, but my friend lost 3 teeth playing baseball and his older brother recently lost a couple and chipped a couple playing with PVC swords.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Bernard Walton
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Bernard Walton »

Kids these days don't know how to slow down! Always rushing and getting injured it seems. Mind you, I had some close calls during my stint as a crossing guard. And then there was that time when I fell off the scaffolding... #-o
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Bernard Walton wrote:Kids these days don't know how to slow down! Always rushing and getting injured it seems. Mind you, I had some close calls during my stint as a crossing guard. And then there was that time when I fell off the scaffolding... #-o
Oh! Do tell about this happening! :D

\:D/

I haven't had any bad injuries. But a friend of my friend jumped through a window at school and he got really cut up. :p It was gross.
*returns*
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Bernard Walton wrote:Kids these days don't know how to slow down! Always rushing and getting injured it seems. Mind you, I had some close calls during my stint as a crossing guard. And then there was that time when I fell off the scaffolding... #-o
Hey bernard, check out my shop and get an updated avitar picture!!! \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I ran behind a metal swing shaped like a horse, and had to get stitches when my chin got sliced open. I was 3...

I ended up going back to that park later and looking for my chin because I thought part of it had fallen off... :boohoo:

No broken bones, however.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

On New Years Eve (last year) I was helping my dad stack firewood and I dropped a 30+ (most likely) log on my right ring finger. It hurt a little bit. :anxious: Okay, actually, it hurt a lot and I had to go to the emergency room that afternoon and get stitches. And I missed the New Year Party too. :( Then that night the pain medicine made me sick and I welcomed the New Year (literally) by throwing up. It was pretty bad for a few weeks. Everyone thought my fingernail was going to fall off, but now it's almost good as new and you can barely tell that anything happened to it. \:D/
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

This should be fuin for me. Okay so I have had stiches in my head. I was six when that happened. I have broken at least my fingers 9 times. I havent broken 9 fingers. I have just broken them alot. I have broken my toe and had a sprained wrist. If you want the details tell me untherwise i shall not share.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

um... can't really think any for me but my brother when hey was 5-7 yrs old the family went to a hotel and their was a swimming pool and he went to swimming pool bare footed and when he was about to open the door someone opened it and the door went over his foot which took his big toe nail off and their was blood everywhere it was gross (their was another thing that he injured but it is really really painful and gross)
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

Well, a couple of months ago I broke my wrist while riding my rollerblades. And before that I broke off half of my front tooth while my brothers and I were hitting a hockey puck around in our garage. And before that I split my eyebrow open after falling into a wall \:D/ . Thankfully though, I didn't have to get stitches, because my Dad knows how to take care of things like that.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

i fell of a bike and broke my arm..i have never ridden a bike since...that was 6 Junes ago!!! i am a scardy cat.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

My teacher blew the wistle once when I was in... 1st grade, or possibly 2nd/3rd transition, and I was on the top of the jungle gym. An accomplishment back then. I was getting down when my hand slipped. I fell to the ground, my right arm behind my back. I had broken it. It hurt, and at first, they couldn't get a hold of my mom on the phone. But, thankfully, she had yet to go to work, and had been in the shower the first time my teacher, Ms. Stewaurt, had called my house. My sister had freaked, because she had been a sevy, or an eighth grader, when she heard I had probably broken my arm. She didn't think it could happen. It was a scary thing for all of my family, school mates, and friends.

Other things have happened, but that was probably the worst.
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Um, the time I was ice skating and fell and lost my memory! \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Didn't you also shoot a nail into your foot? (isn't Jonathan the other accident guy?)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Forte
OK

Post by Forte »

When it was snowing in the mountains last winter, I fell down a rather large hill and smashed my face against a snow-covered log. It was really interesting, though, since according to my siblings and Dad, it looked a lot like what you see in movies (where the feet and legs go up and over the head and they're tumbling and whatnot).

It was a good thing that I was wearing my glasses and that I didn't smash my face a few more inches to the left. I'd be wearing an eye patch now and have half of my brain missing if I had smashed against that huge branch next to me. o_X

All that happened is that I smashed my nose (maybe it got sprained, I can't remember) and cut up a good portion of my face. I looked like I got in a knife fight and brass knuckle fight at the same time, actually. I was fortunate, though, considering the circumstances, so I wasn't really bummed out by it.
|My LiveJournal|My Facebook (Add me, please! I need a reason to use it! :P|

I like changing my avatar a lot, so expect a new one every now and then.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

DanP740 wrote:(isn't Jonathan the other accident guy?)
Why yes, yes I am (actually, the first thing I thought when I saw the title of this topic was 'hey, now there's a Jonathan topic ;) which is the only reason I'm making a post now).
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
DanP740 wrote:(isn't Jonathan the other accident guy?)
Why yes, yes I am (actually, the first thing I thought when I saw the title of this topic was 'hey, now there's a Jonathan topic ;) which is the only reason I'm making a post now).
Yayness! It's Jonathan! The second that I saw this topic I thought of you. :D

I don't have any dramatic injury stories, but a couple weeks ago I got a little metal sliver through my fingernail, which really hurt and was quite unpleasant. Somebody got the metal out for me, fortunately, because I don't think I could have done it myself! It still looks unpleasant, though it doesn't hurt much anymore.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Oh and today I kinda tripped and messed up my knee again. WOW what a surprise right?
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

That time when I crash into a parked car on my bike and busted my chin and my teeth. Then some flying monkey beat me up. Ouch.

-Robo
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

the worst times for me was probably when I broke my right and left feet (at separate times).

And then there is the time I shot myself in the ankle with a nail gun :-k

or the time recently I was taking a jump with my bike and the shocks fell out and I landed face first in the middle of the road... my face still doesn't look quite the same :anxious:
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

WINDSHEAR wrote:And then there is the time I shot myself in the ankle with a nail gun :-k
I remember you telling me about that rawfl.

My worst injuries are when I broke my arms. At separate times, but still.

They were both as I was doing something retarded as well ;).