Introduction to Odyssey

So how did you discover Odyssey?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Introduction to Odyssey

Post by Amethystic »

I was about five years old when I got my first set of Odyssey tapes. It was Easter, and my parents put a set of tapes in my Easter basket, and one in my sister's. When we saw them on Easter Sunday morning, we thought they were videos! (We had never heard of a form of entertainment besides television, let alone AIO) But when we opened mine in front of the television to watch it, I looked at the tapes and said, "Hey, this isn't a video!" And I've listened to Odyssey ever since.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I was listening to my local Christian radio station one afternoon. They played a commercial for their kids programming and AIO was mentioned. After the ad the host came back on and mentioned AIO and stated that she listened. So I tuned in, was hooked and have been listening ever since. I don't remember exactly when I started, but I think it was between 1999 and 2001.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Odyssey has always been there. It's like a natural part of my life. Our first AIO album was "Risks and Rewards", which we got a few months after my birth.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I was born into an Odyssey family. My brothers and sister had about three albums when I was born. I was raised with Odyssey and could probably argue that I've been listening for 14 years (I'm 14.) However, I only claim 10, as that's when I estimate that I started to really listen and get tapes out for myself. My brothers and sister slowly became uninterested, though and now it's just me and my brother (who doesn't listen very much anymore.) My first album was In Your Wildest Dreams, I got it for christmas. Now I have 35 albums and hopefully will never stop listening. I plan on raising my kids with Odyssey just as I was! I LOVE ODYSSEY!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I think we used to listen on the television... does that make sense? I'm not sure when I first heard it but my sister got her first album a few years ago and I've been addicted ever since...
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Well, I'm not exactly sure, since the introduction of Odyssey to my family happened before I was old enough to remember, but at some time we got some Odyssey tapes from Chick-fil-a, though we might have listened before that. I never really listened to Odyssey except on the few tapes we had and when it came on the radio. I didn't really start listening every day until a few years ago, when we got SkyAngel and I could listen every day on the TV, and then I discovered that I could listen whenever I wanted to online. So I was hooked. My family thinks I'm nuts though.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I first started listening to them on the radio around the time they realeased album 30. I've been listening ever since.
My brother and I got a paper rougt and started buying AIO albums, starting with #36 Danger signals.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I've listened to them for as long as I can remember.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

My first album was Battle Lines. A little confusing for us (who's Mitch?) but my sister snd I loved it. :D
nick mullugan
Gold Member

Post by nick mullugan »

i am only 15 however i have older siblings that have been listing since it has been called family portrates and Odyssey USA so i was kinda born into it but i love tham and i have listened to nearly every eppisode
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Radio has always been in my family and my parents have listened to it since it was Family Portraits--I still have some tapes of FP recorded from the radio. I started listening when I was about 5 and have been addicted ever since. My first album was "At Home and Abroad."
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I was first introduced to Odyssey by my Grandparents. And it was actually my aunts idea, she just told my grandma to give it to me. I was really excited! My first album was the classic set: Welcome to Odyssey. I wholeheartedly recommend that album as a first album. My first episode was Connie Comes to Town. I love that episode, even today.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Same as you KBT!
I can't ever remember a time NOT listening to Odyssey. \:D/