Conversation Pieces!

Like multi-dimensional neon socks...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Conversation Pieces!

Post by Frank »

Do you ever just wear something for the sake of starting a conversation?

For instance. I have vegatable socks. They cause quite a sensation when I am not wearing pants. Ta da!

I'm sure that all you nuts out there do things like this. 'Fess up. \:D/ :D
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Once I walked all around the neihborhood in a tacky suit jacket, button down shirt, dress shoes, slacks, tie, fedora hat, and a fake moustache to top it all off. I just strolled merrily for a few blocks, pretending to be some oblivious kook. I'd smile and wave to people as I passed by.

I'm not kidding.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

You don't look like that all the time? :mecry: Those pictures that you posted have almost burned the image of you with a mustache in my mind permanently... :anxious:

I don't usually wear clothes with the intention to start a conversation... no. Certain things I wear do predispose people to that tendency. :-k
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Like bunny slippers?

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I don't wear bunny slippers. :-s Even if I did, not that many people would see them since I don't wear slippers in public.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

haha, at one of my cousins graduation wll the grls wore slipon shoes. They had some pretty funny slippers.. :D
...I hate marquees.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I don't personally do stuff like that very often (with the exception of the sky blue hat, which has caused some interesting situations), but I know a guy who would always wear felt pants with jalapenos on them. Always a good convo. starter.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

What do you all think about wearing tons of pins...like pink ribbons, or weird pins all over a fishing hat...
Ody Sally
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Ody Sally »

I'm really bad at starting conversations, so yeah, sometimes I'll wear "conversation pieces."
-Oldy Sally
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Once I walked all around the neihborhood in a tacky suit jacket, button down shirt, dress shoes, slacks, tie, fedora hat, and a fake moustache to top it all off. I just strolled merrily for a few blocks, pretending to be some oblivious kook. I'd smile and wave to people as I passed by.

I'm not kidding.
yes that does seem like something you would do Eugene.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Yeah, it was jolly good fun. :woo!:
A few blocks down some of my friends happened to be driving by, and nearly crashed when they saw me. ;)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:hilarious:

You made my day Eugene! :wacky:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Yeah, it was jolly good fun. :woo!:
A few blocks down some of my friends happened to be driving by, and nearly crashed when they saw me. ;)
Well...but see...you're the type of person that would and can do that sort of thing. If you're a horribly introverted hermit...like me...the most you can do is wear strange socks or "I hate Spam" pins and try to get people's attention...without drawing too much attention to yourself. \:D/

*hides in corner with her socks*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

So true Frank... so true.
:bolt:
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Frank wrote:Do you ever just wear something for the sake of starting a conversation?

For instance. I have vegatable socks. They cause quite a sensation when I am not wearing pants. Ta da!

Could it be the fact that you are not wearing pants that might be the conversation starter? :-

I used to dye my hair funky colors....that started a lot of conversations.

I have some crazy friends a couple of hours away and whenever I hang out with them we will do really weird things like make tinfoil hats and accessories and then walk around campus (OSU--that should make you happy Me!) and talk to random people. We will always make sure that as we approach groups they will hear us talking about how the tinfoil protects our heads from the rays from space....or how we are running late to catch the bus back to the asylum. Good times. =D>
Ody Sally
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Ody Sally »

jessicado wrote:
I have some crazy friends a couple of hours away and whenever I hang out with them we will do really weird things like make tinfoil hats and accessories and then walk around campus (OSU--that should make you happy Me!) and talk to random people. We will always make sure that as we approach groups they will hear us talking about how the tinfoil protects our heads from the rays from space....or how we are running late to catch the bus back to the asylum. Good times. =D>
LOL, that's great! I should use that one with my friends sometime. :-$

(Here's an interesting fact: I'm a blond and my two best friends are a brunette and a redhead. This sometimes makes for good conversations. ...and jokes :D, starring me of course, the blond)
-Oldy Sally
Me
An original

Post by Me »

jessicado wrote: I used to dye my hair funky colors....that started a lot of conversations.

Lol. I should ask my Aunt and Uncle if they've ever seen you. They used to (maybe still do) work there. That would just be hilarious.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman

Post by Frank »

jessicado wrote:
Frank wrote:Do you ever just wear something for the sake of starting a conversation?

Could it be the fact that you are not wearing pants that might be the conversation starter? :-
I was going to put "when I am not wearing long pants...but then my sister darling said that I should take out the word pants and make that little phrase a conversation starter too. I was wondering when someone would respond. \:D/
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Me wrote:
jessicado wrote: I used to dye my hair funky colors....that started a lot of conversations.

Lol. I should ask my Aunt and Uncle if they've ever seen you. They used to (maybe still do) work there. That would just be hilarious.
That would be funny! I am sure it is something they would remember. Did they work in the library by chance?

Ody Sally wrote:
jessicado wrote:
LOL, that's great! I should use that one with my friends sometime. :-$

(Here's an interesting fact: I'm a blond and my two best friends are a brunette and a redhead. This sometimes makes for good conversations. ...and jokes :D, starring me of course, the blond)
My best friend is a BRIGHT redhead and my other bf is a brunette too! We always get jokes about that when we hang out since I am such a light blonde and she is such a bright redhead. The brunette is just.....brunette I guess?

Frank wrote:
jessicado wrote:

I was going to put "when I am not wearing long pants...but then my sister darling said that I should take out the word pants and make that little phrase a conversation starter too. I was wondering when someone would respond. \:D/
Glad to indulge!!!! :D