Grand Theft Auto IV

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:The ToO is from the pits of hell. :(

I will recount a lovely tale to you all... one Christmas season I worked at GameStop as seasonal help to make a little extra money to gamble away in Vegas, and anyway, one time this father and little girl, like no older than 8 or something, game in, and she wanted to get GTA:Liberty City Stories for the dumb PSP thing. Anyway, they brought it up to me to pay for it and I kind of looked at it and looked up and the father and said, "You do know this is rated "Mature" and has some pretty bad content in it?" and he just shrugged and said "That's okay" or something. So I sold it to them! \:D/
And just when you could have stood up for what is right...
He had the right to buy it, so he did. Warning the father of something he should already know wasn't Top's job - he's there to sell the product, not be a parent to other parents, but he was wise enough to do it.

It really gets annoying when people make excuses for stupid parents.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jellyfish11 wrote:

I will recount a lovely tale to you all... one Christmas season I worked at GameStop as seasonal help to make a little extra money to gamble away in Vegas, and anyway, one time this father and little girl, like no older than 8 or something, game in, and she wanted to get GTA:Liberty City Stories for the dumb PSP thing. Anyway, they brought it up to me to pay for it and I kind of looked at it and looked up and the father and said, "You do know this is rated "Mature" and has some pretty bad content in it?" and he just shrugged and said "That's okay" or something. So I sold it to them! \:D/
By refusing to sell him the game? It was my job at the time. I did tell him what he was doing, and he had every right to do it anyway.

Seriously, its not just this post, but where do you get off with your constant arrogance and belittlement and judgement of others? Almost every one of your post is blatant flame-bating, and in the case that they are innocent posts you're extremely ignorant in how to function on a message board. Either way, it is not something the Town of Odyssey needs or welcomes. We certainly would like you to stick around, but I suggest that you either grow up and learn to interact properly with other people, or just leave us alone. We don't need additional drama beyond what the skilled writers of AIO bring us.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

And where do you get off doing your job Mr. Crusader!? :x

Anyway....from what I hear, GTA 4, gaming wise is superb. Now content-wise...I wouldn't suppose it's any worse than CSI: Miami...hah. (I hate that show by the way.)

If you don't agree with the content...don't play it but that doesn't mean you should degrade others for playing it.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Jellyfish11 wrote:

That would have been against company policy, and awesomeness policy. :shame:

Oh, and also it would be colossally stupid.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

xiao wrote:
Jellyfish11 wrote:

I think that Top did the right thing, but I don't think standing up for what you believe is ever stupid. Unless you have stupid beliefs, of course. ;)
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

GTA IV for infants \:D/.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ziff wrote:
xiao wrote:
Jellyfish11 wrote:

I think that Top did the right thing, but I don't think standing up for what you believe is ever stupid. Unless you have stupid beliefs, of course. ;)
Not selling someone a GTA game just because it's rated M and risk getting fired would be colossally stupid though. ;)
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Ditto @ EK.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I never said it wouldn't be. ;)