Focus on the Family Radio Theater

The Chronicles of Narnia

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Focus on the Family Radio Theater

Post by Arla »

In all the midst of the Narnia talk I like to bring light Focus's radio theater drama of Narnia, which is awsome. No matter how the movies turn out this is a brilliant recording of the stories. I would recomend it to all.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

ohhhh yeaaaa
i have all of them in a box set haha i got them for christams two years ago :D
i luuuv the silver chair, it is prolly my favorite one out of all of them!i luv all of the focus radio theaters actually *especially Anne of Green Gables and Les Miserables <3!!*
but Narnia is definitly up there! i luv the guy that they got to play Prince Caspian, hes pretty sweet!!
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Amazing series... you can't go wrong with Focus on the Family's Radio Theatre! :)

I was fortunate to get all seven of them in a special set for only $25. :thud:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, you got a great deal! My family bought the full set of Narnia Radio Theatre when it was fairly new and therefore paid a lot more for it. They are all really well done and we've listened to them many times since then, of course! \:D/ "The Horse and His Boy" is actually my favourite, which is interesting, since it wasn't anywhere close to being a favourite book for me.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yep. I have them all. Great way to make riding/driving in the car go quickly too. A real shame that Focus stopped doing RT.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Mud wrote:Wow, you got a great deal! My family bought the full set of Narnia Radio Theatre when it was fairly new and therefore paid a lot more for it. They are all really well done and we've listened to them many times since then, of course! \:D/ "The Horse and His Boy" is actually my favourite, which is interesting, since it wasn't anywhere close to being a favourite book for me.
That's exactly how we got them, and now we've worn out the tapes!!

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is by far my favorite, Focus did a fantastic job!

I highly recomend these well done dramas to everyone.
For example; Get Prince Caspian for some of the younger kids out there, seeing as how the movie wasn't entirely small-kid apropriate, and they can still enjoy the book come to life!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Yeah, I have those. They're awesome.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Congrats Focus on the increadable box set. With my being a gigantic Narnia fan, of corse I would have it. \:D/
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Laurie wrote:Yep. I have them all. Great way to make riding/driving in the car go quickly too. A real shame that Focus stopped doing RT.
Did you hear that FOTF have the rights to turn The Screwtape Letters into a RT presentation? :-
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

But they stopped doing RT...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Since they stopped doing RT I doubt very much that they will start it up again just to produce the Screwtape Letters. Also, I think that if they were serious about doing it, they would have done it by now and it would be out on CD.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

I love the CDs, they are amazing! \:D/
I got mine pretty cheap too

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
musickid
Just visiting

Post by musickid »

That's the best!!! I just love the Radio Family Theater Narnia!! We have to whole set and I'd rather listen to it than watch a movie!!! :bounce:
I'm going to Ireland!!
Fourmoons
Not Implemented

Post by Fourmoons »

My dad got the box set for my sister a while ago. I've probably listened to them all at least twice each. \:D/ I love the way they begin each of them, and the music is really great.
The main thing that I really don't like about it is the voice they used for Aslan. He just doesn't sound right for Aslan. :-k
But, beyond voices that I don't think fit the characters, I very much enjoy listening to them. :D
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Fourmoons wrote:My dad got the box set for my sister a while ago. I've probably listened to them all at least twice each. \:D/ I love the way they begin each of them, and the music is really great.
The main thing that I really don't like about it is the voice they used for Aslan. He just doesn't sound right for Aslan. :-k
But, beyond voices that I don't think fit the characters, I very much enjoy listening to them. :D
yea at first i thought that it wasnt very, king like i guess, i mean hes the leader of the WHOLE world, and i gues his voice isnt like hearty enough but hes still A RLY good actor :)...his voice kinda grew on me and ive listened to it so much that i cant imagine anyone else...but i LUUV the guy who plays Aslan in the movies...he ssoooo good.
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
dodobirdeee
Gold Member

Post by dodobirdeee »

I love all of the disks. I have every single one of them!
birdeee
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Has anyone else noticed that in The Magician's Nephew when Queen Jadas(sp) tries to cast a spell on Digory's Aunt and nothing happens that a cricket is chirping in the background?
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I have them all!I bought them seprately.Most of them I got for $10.My dad bought one of them for me.I listen to them when I wan't to go to sleep.Not recently though.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Catspaw wrote:Wow, you got a great deal! My family bought the full set of Narnia Radio Theatre when it was fairly new and therefore paid a lot more for it. They are all really well done and we've listened to them many times since then, of course! \:D/ "The Horse and His Boy" is actually my favourite, which is interesting, since it wasn't anywhere close to being a favourite book for me.
I'm the same way, I wonder why that is. :-k
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Laurie wrote:Since they stopped doing RT I doubt very much that they will start it up again just to produce the Screwtape Letters. Also, I think that if they were serious about doing it, they would have done it by now and it would be out on CD.
They haven't officially stopped making Radio Theatre productions. They just slowed down on releasing installments. They "stopped" making productions before the "Amazing Grace" boxed set, which was released as a tie-in to the movie out at that time. RT's focus at the moment seems to be to release dramas that will tie in with upcoming movies. It gets more publicity that way and more people hear about RT.

And I would say the productions have an increase in quality and thoroughness as well.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org