Veggitales

To talk about those Little Veggies we all know and love.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Veggitales

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

We currently own all of the veggitales videos except for the Easter Carol. I guess I've been obsessed since I was, like 8ish.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yay for Veggie Tales!

I've been obsessed with them every since my dad brought home these two brand new movies. I remember watching the first episode on vhs for the first time. Wow. It's a talking cucumber and a talking tomato. :-s

Ever since then, we've collected all the Veggie Tales movies except for The Toy that Saved Christmas and the Silly Song videos. We bought Lyle the Kindly Viking on dvd and since then we've purchased all Veggie Tales movies on dvd. Gotta love the bonus features and commentary. Hilarious. :D

Did anyone see Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie when it first came out in theatres? I wanted to see it, but I must've forgotten about it . . . until the movie was released onto dvd and vhs. Plenty of extra stuff on the two dvd discs to entertain a person for hours. Awesome stuff.

One more thing: has anyone seen the trailer for The Lord of the Beans yet? It first appeared on the dvd of the latest Veggie Tales movie, Duke and the Great Pie War. It's going to be awesome. Todo Baggypants . . . the evil Sporcs . . . :lol:
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

The movie really hurt Big Idea. They didn't get anywhere near the turnout they were expecting. Since then they've had to cut back on things, like the amount of people working for them. But I loved the movie.

Lord of the Beans looks hilarious! I'm so looking forward to it. I want a screen shot of that part in the preview where all the characters in the fellowship are standing there, it's so cool! All of my friends and I had a big laugh about that one.

Isn't the next one Minnesota Cuke? I can't wait for that one. I think big idea's hatching some big ideas and we're anxiosly awaiting them. Yay!

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oh? I never found out what the box office sales were for Jonah, but I can imagine it wasn't that high. Big Idea is a great production company, but it's no Pixar, Disney, or Dreamworks.

I can probably get you a screenshot of that part of the preview. Willing to donate a few ToO dollars for my efforts? O:)

Yes, I believe Minnesota Cuke will be the next installment for Veggie Tales. To be honest, I still haven't watched Duke and the Great Pie War yet. 8-[ lol, I've seen the two previews for Big Idea's upcoming movies, but I haven't actually seen the feature film. Go figure.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Duke and the great pie war is really good.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Ya, I didn't know it was a play on Ruth though, cuz I've never heard the story of Ruth. Nope, I've never heard "Three Funerals and a Wedding". Surprising, no?

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I loved Jonah! I saw it in the theatre and bought the DVD. The commentaries are hilarious on there, two of the three more than the other one. There's a Larry and Mr. Lunt commentary, and it is really funny! It is definitely worth getting the DVD for the bonus features. I hadn't really seen much VeggieTales stuff before that, but it made me want more! I saw the Joseph one recently and liked it, especially the Belly Button Song! That was so funny. \:D/
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I am a pretty big veggie tale fan, but i havent seen any of the recent/newer movies. I absolutely love the CD's and I listen to silly song with larry all the time. It drives my mom nuts. I got te Veggie Rocks CD for christmas, and she likes that one a little better.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Last week in this house was a VeggieTales/AIO/McGee and Me Marathon.........what can I say, we had a 3 yr old running around the house........

It was kinda cool.......even though I'm 23 I still find veggietales cute.........not real big on the AIO videos, but they're tollerable.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Indeed, I never found the AIO movies that appealing, even as a child. Primarily due to their lack of quality . . . but they were better than nothing.

Even at 17, I find Veggie Tales rather amusing and entertaining. Course, nothing beats the commentary. ^_^
Catspaw wrote:The commentaries are hilarious on there, two of the three more than the other one. There's a Larry and Mr. Lunt commentary, and it is really funny! It is definitely worth getting the DVD for the bonus features.
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Larry and Mr. Lunt's commentary on Jonah. :D The whole ad-libbing thing (at the seafood restaurant) was equally amusing. :lol:
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

My best friend and I actually "acted out" one of the Silly Songs once(the "lip" song). It was a miserable attempt, but hey. The kids liked it.

Lord of the Beans? Haha...it's about time they did a LOTR spoof. I have to watch this one.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I love veggie tales!! I have the VEggie Rocks CD. it is so awesome!! it's fun because it's like veggie tales songs for older kids.. but i still love the originals too!! they can never be replaced.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Veggie Rocks CD rocks. :yes: Even though we don't actually own the CD. But I've heard several of the songs . . .

Even though it's not one of the songs on the aforementioned CD, Billy Joe McGuffrey is definitely one of Veggie Tales' best songs. ^_^

Now, Billy Joe McGuffrey
Was a really clumsy kid.
On the twelfth day of twelfth grade
I'll tell you what he did.
He walked into financial aid,
Fell and broke a bone,
Showed them all his bills
And got a great big college loan.

:D

Ooh . . . and the Belly Button Song. \:D/
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Trent DeWhite wrote:. Big Idea is a great production company, but it's no Pixar, Disney, or Dreamworks..
Disney? Pardon. Well, no, it's not quite Disney...considering the fact we've never seen one of their animated pictures (minus a trailer)

However, I think it'll be close once the 'Bob and Larry Movie' strikes out.

The style for Big Idea has really changed, if you'd ask me. Compare the first video with the most recent one, and you'll see what I mean.

-The Master Charles
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I saw the preview for Lord of the Bean! It looks great!

Minnasota Cuke and the search for Samsons Hairbrush is the next one.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I don't own any Veggitales videos, but they are all really cool. :D Even though they're for little kids, I still love it. :P very interesting too.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I don't own any Veggitales videos, but they are all really cool. Even though they're for little kids, I still love it. :P very interesting too.
Nah, Veggitales is for kids of all ages. :D And even if it is for little kids, I'm willing to be one to watch veggitales!

Anyone seen the 3,2,1 Penguin videos?

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Hobbit wrote:I don't own any Veggitales videos, but they are all really cool. Even though they're for little kids, I still love it. :P very interesting too.
Whadd'ya mean kids? :-s

Ooh, you mean the ones between 1 and 101. :D
HarlowRoxMySox wrote:Nah, Veggitales is for kids of all ages. :D And even if it is for little kids, I'm willing to be one to watch veggitales!

Anyone seen the 3,2,1 Penguin videos?
I've seen one or two of the 3, 2, 1 Penguins! movies. Cute, and certainly entertaining, but not nearly as awesome or hilarious as Veggie Tales.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Ya gotta love Kevin (From 321 Penguins). He's so cool. I wonder why they stopped making the videos/DVD's.

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ah, good 'ol Kevin. :D They most likely stopped production of 321 Penguins due to the sales--or, should I say, lack of. I can't imagine 321 Penguins generating much interest when you've already got Veggie Tales. :-k